[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which Las Vegas hotel for a convention?

wiegie

Any thoughts on one of the following as a place to host a conference:

1) Flamingo/Harrahs

2) Riviera

3) Treasure Island

4) Tropicana

(Please don't tell me that the conference should be hosted at a different hotel--these seem to be the choices that have been given.)

I'd say any of the top 3 in this order - 1,3,2

I would second that for sure.

Trop = no way in my book. Flamingo and Harrahs are in a great spot and both are nice enough. Treasure Island is nice but I don't like where it is compared to the first choice but that would not make me not want to be there. Rivera is a distant third.

Any thoughts on one of the following as a place to host a conference:

1) Flamingo/Harrahs

2) Riviera

3) Treasure Island

4) Tropicana

(Please don't tell me that the conference should be hosted at a different hotel--these seem to be the choices that have been given.)

I'd go to the Venetian

I'd say TI...of the three it has the nicest overall property....now that the Venetian has added the Palazzo and there is the Wynn and Encore even farther down it's no longer on the very end of the strip.

I'd stay away from the Riviera and Tropicana (the Trop is going through major renovations right now - at least it was a month or so ago) and the Riv just isn't very nice.

Flamingo's/Harrahs would be my second choice

WD

I'd say any of the top 3 in this order - 1,3,2

+1

I would second that for sure.

Trop = no way in my book. Flamingo and Harrahs are in a great spot and both are nice enough. Treasure Island is nice but I don't like where it is compared to the first choice but that would not make me not want to be there. Rivera is a distant third.

+1

But the Venetian is a good sugg.

Okay, I just want to be like everyone else and suggest something that is not on your list.

Mandalay Bay. I love the joint. It is all the way at the end of the big joint strip but they have a tram that will get you into the action down the strip really quickly.

Oh and I know you aren't going to stay at Mandalay Bay or even Venitian but hey, why should I be the only one to stick to your list? :wacko:

Are they going to finally announce that all economic theories have been proven a complete and total waste of time by the reality of the economy? Or just the Keynesian one? I know economists like to take baby steps, so they'll start with the most obvious glaring error they've ever made first.

Make sure you ask the Vegas hotels if they allow book burnings before booking.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

:tup:

Post 29 of the first thread states I didnt go to Vegas, but instead spent the extra time bumming around San Deigo including getting drunk with Taz and watching the Super Bowl.

i DO have a conference coming up there in 2 years at UNLV . . . unless I choose to go early for WCOFF for the first time ever.

I realize that you've already chosen, but thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.

If you don't have to stay at the same place as the convention, then it wouldn't matter that much to me. If you do, then assuming similar cost, I'd lean toward TI.

Harrahs experience - Last September I attended a conference at Harrahs. I thought the catered meals were fine. The main conference rooms and breakout session rooms were nothing special, but adequate. Took a certification exam on the 1st day and the room was so cold it was distracting, but climate control was better the next couple of days for the conference. While attending the conference I stayed at the Mirage and also (timing was good tax-wise) did the FFPC draft at Caesars.