[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FRAT GUYS UNITE!

Infinity

There are a few Sig Eps on this board, myself included. Loyola University - New Orleans... I think we're on probation right now. :wacko:

Have fun, don't be stupid and if you are...don't get caught.

Thats because SigEps are the best. Over here at MSU we were on probo last spring semester. Cops came and the oh so powerful "no drinking under 21" signs weren't in the right places, Inter-fraternity Council wasn't too happy with us.

Never did get the whole frat thing. :tup:

Most of the frat guys I ran into were either drunken a-holes or drunken losers.

I'm sure there are exceptions though. :wacko:

:tup: As you said 5 years ago:

I wasn't a loser who had to buy my friends.

Frats are for homos, serial killers, and the socially retarded.

:wacko:

I guess I've mellowed a bit since then.

Everyone has their own view on frats. Some people hate them, aka my parents who didn't talk to me for a week when i said i was pledging(forgot to tell them i was pledge class president) but some other people live for frats. It's all in the way you view them, and now a days they arent all about parties and girls....although that is a nice plus

I guess I've mellowed a bit since then.

Don't sell yourself short. You're still a prick most of the time. :tup:

Seriously though, my experience is that it was one of the best decisions I ever made. Had nothing to do with buying friends. I joined Pi Kappa Alpha and am very glad I did. My fraternity won quite a few awards for our high marks in GPA, community service, intramural sports, and overall campus involvement. Just make sure the people you surround yourself with are positive influences on you. If they are people that your parents would be happy you are hanging out with (smart kids with bright futures) than your parents will eventually get on board. If the house you are looking at is full of hacks that are fun to party with but you wouldn't hire them to run a quick shop, than you might not get as much out of the experience as you could.

Don't sell yourself short. You're still a prick most of the time. :wacko:

Seriously though, my experience is that it was one of the best decisions I ever made. Had nothing to do with buying friends. I joined Pi Kappa Alpha and am very glad I did. My fraternity won quite a few awards for our high marks in GPA, community service, intramural sports, and overall campus involvement. Just make sure the people you surround yourself with are positive influences on you. If they are people that your parents would be happy you are hanging out with (smart kids with bright futures) than your parents will eventually get on board. If the house you are looking at is full of hacks that are fun to party with but you wouldn't hire them to run a quick shop, than you might not get as much out of the experience as you could.

I also am a member of Pi Kappa Alpha

University of San Diego- Phi Kappa Theta

small school...i think we had 4 fraternities and 4 sororities....

definitely fun, but not necessary.

edit: famous phi kaps: JFK, Ed Mcmahon, Gene Kelley, Pope John Paul II, Vince Dooley

edit II: i forgot Parker Stevenson :wacko:

yo mama sums up my perception of going greek..... very fun, but not essential for a social life. looking back i would have done it again.

phi kappa theta- university of san diego.

edit: i am happily bound fraternally to certain bald, antangonist on these boards

Theta Chi here. I believe Tonorator and Yukon are Ox brothers as well. Theta Chi has esteemed alumni such as Steven Speilberg, Rocky Blier, Lee Iacocca and super Dave Osbourne

I also am a member of Pi Kappa Alpha

:tup:

Pikes, generally or at least on the west coast, were roid-mongering pricks. :tup:

That's what is funny about houses. They can be completely different even on campuses that are not very far apart. The ATOs were the meatheads on our campus. We won intramural sports every year I was there but it wasn't because we had the most meatheads.

Some people were in frats, some people were actually adults and entered life.

:wacko:?? Thanks for the input sunshine but you can troll somewhere else.

There are a few Sig Ep alumns on this board, myself included. Loyola University - New Orleans... I think we're on probation right now. :tup:

Have fun, don't be stupid and if you are...don't get caught.

Meh, I didn't really see any value. The other people in the fraternity are rarely people you'll really have anything to do with outside of college and after you graduate you can't wait to get away from them.

Truthfully....great experience and those people remain with you through the rest of your life through good and bad. There is a group of guys from our sigep chapter that twiley and I converse with on a daily basis. I got out of an hour long meeting the other day and had 36 messages from that group. Nothing important...probably as close to the opposite of important as possible, but great opportunity to give each other diaper dirt.

About 2 years ago, we had a chapter anniversary reunion in New Orleans and with everyone, it's like you see them every day....even with the people you don't often talk to. You just fall back into a comfortable relationship built on similar beliefs and experiences. Take advantage of the opportunity. These people will be a large part of your support system throughout the rest of your life.

And if you are going to get caught, make sure you join a chapter with a bunch of alum lawyers.

Still have annual golf outing with brothers. Around 30 came last year. Some bring wives, stay at lodge, play 3rounds and a scramble and party all night. Actively communicate and get together with most throughout the year. Was and is a great experience!

not a single bid huh Gilbert?

unreal experience - went to a big school, couldn't imagine not joining a house

Not sure what a bid is but if it's an invite, yeah I had a few. But the guys I hung around with didn't see the upside so I turned them down. Had better things to do than "pledge" and get beaten and abused just to prove I belonged.