[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Someone on Jets staff is gonna be in trouble

keggerz

I found myself rooting for the Jets at the start of the season but the more I watch this group and it's head coach the more I enjoy watching them get embarrassed on the field. Had to love Rex's press conference last week after they were abused by the Patriots .... "if you were to ask me I'd say let me have a shot at them right now. I'd love to go out there and play them again" Hey Rex, they just dominated you and you got outcoached ..... agian. Go home Fat A$$!!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough. And maybe I'm responding emotionally as a Fin fan. But isn't it stunning that this guy wasn't yanked IMMEDIATELY?? I mean really.

you are reacting emotionally...but it is an emotional thing...guy should be fined, fired etc...organization should get fined too....reason something hasn't been done yet was probably because the team had no idea...that is until after the game when they see the replay...no way that in real speed they realized that was what happened...and I bet that guy didn't say hey look I got him.

Fair enough. And maybe I'm responding emotionally as a Fin fan. But isn't it stunning that this guy wasn't yanked IMMEDIATELY?? I mean really.

Sure. I understand it. When Rodgers was hit and laying on the ground today the morons in Detroit were cheering. In reality I'm not sure if they knew what that jackwagon had done, and if so, they may have been in shock.

Even before I saw the reply of the tripping incident, I saw the Fins player down and thought it bush that not a single Jets player or coach even attempted to help the guy... finally after writhing around on the turf for a few seconds one of the Jets trainers made a half-hearted attempt to bend over and say something to him.

I knew the Jets were classless... and they proved it today. Always makes my weekend when I can see clips of Fireman looking all sad and gloomy in the stands though. Jerk. :wacko:

Disagree, there are tons of less classy teams then the Jets. As a Jets fan i don't like what was done at all. Feels a tad ridiculous, yes they Jets played horrible and honestly should have blown out Miami, but they just suck as of late to be honest. Obviously a fed up staff member acting out. Regardless, one persons actions(a person who will likely be fired) does not give the whole jets organization a bad name.

Oh this is juicy:

A contrite Alosi released a statement through the team late Sunday.

"I made a mistake that showed a total lapse in judgment," the statement read. "My conduct was inexcusable and unsportsmanlike and does not reflect what this organization stands for. I spoke to Coach Sparano and Nolan Carroll to apologize before they took off.

"I have also apologized to (Jets owner) Woody (Johnson), (general manager) Mike (Tannenbaum) and (coach) Rex (Ryan). I accept responsibility for my actions as well as any punishment that follows."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81cd...le=HP_headlines

what is so juicy about it? He manned up and apologized and it didn't take days to do...it was basically done immediately...and I am sure he will be at a minimum fined and probably suspended for fired.

what is so juicy about it? He manned up and apologized and it didn't take days to do...it was basically done immediately...and I am sure he will be at a minimum fined and probably suspended for fired.

You don't understand the blind eye which the NFL turns to the Dolphins when calls get blown and screwed up like that. We're not a big merch seller, we're not national favorites, we're just a hindrance for teams which make the NFL the most money.

LeRon McClain spitting in Channing Crowder's face?

The stolen game vs. the Steelers (Big Ben's fumble into the endzone)?

It's juicy because as a Fins fan I'm not used to these types of stories actually being exposed and dealt with the way they should.

You don't understand the blind eye which the NFL turns to the Dolphins when calls get blown and screwed up like that. We're not a big merch seller, we're not national favorites, we're just a hindrance for teams which make the NFL the most money.

It's juicy because as a Fins fan I'm not used to these types of stories actually being exposed and dealt with the way they should.

:wacko: I completely forgot that the NFL treats the Dolphins different then every other team.

Thank you for pointing that out, I thought you just hated the NFL front office.

I have my conspiracy theories... but I'll stop this train of thought here and leave this forum for fantasy talk.

To keep this all relevant to Nolan Carroll, Dolphins D/ST really produced point-wise, eh? Though I highly doubt anyone who's made it to their respective playoffs had the balls to start them.

:wacko: Ya they hate the organization because they own the only undefeated season EVER!!

Didn't the league review the McClain spitting claim and found nothing? Do we really trust a guy like Crowder?

This is just a random thought, so don't try and crucify me Rovers...

The coaching staff tripping an opposing play is clearly cheating...

As is stealing signals with a video camera.

Said taping cost the Pats a draft pick and a ton of cash...

What does some jackwagon tripping a player cost?

Not Rovers, and not crucifying you. But there is a big difference between a one time, (pardon the pun) knee-jerk action and long-standing, institutional cheating.

League should fine the staff member. Jets should impose a suspension. Firing him is a little much if he's doing a good job otherwise. League could impose a suspension as well. Action taken against the franchise is not forthcoming, nor should it be.

I have my conspiracy theories... but I'll stop this train of thought here and leave this forum for fantasy talk.

To keep this all relevant to Nolan Carroll, Dolphins D/ST really produced point-wise, eh? Though I highly doubt anyone who's made it to their respective playoffs had the balls to start them.

You're probably to young to remember when Don Shula was on or head of the competition committee and the Dolphins were the least penalized team in the league. Many people thought just the opposite and the Dolphins got all the calls or so it seemed.

Sal Alosi, head strength and conditioning coach. If any bas*tard should know better, it's the conditioning coach. Absolutely classless, and it all stems from Ryan's attitude and the way he allows him team to act.Expect nothing to be done about it. Fin fans are used to it at this point.

Alosi should be fired, but the underlined portion of your comment is absurd and frankly unwarranted. Rex has a big mouth and all and fins fans don't like that, I get it, but for you to allege that Rex condones bush league unprofessional behavior that could potentially destroy a player's career is just pathetically assinine. Get a grip.

Edited by Dcat

Alosi should be fired, but the underlined portion of your comment is absurd and frankly unwarranted. Rex has a big mouth and all and fins fans don't like that, I get it, but for you to allege that Rex condones bush league unprofessional behavior that could potentially destroy a player's career is just pathetically assinine. Get a grip.

Then big mouth should fire him personally. He hired him or certainly retained his services...

PLAY LIKE A JET! :wacko:

Can't buy me love. Fire him. :tup:

I don't think this is the type of thing Ryan would condone. A lot of how I see Ryan will revolve around how this is handled. I like him and his brashness. Then again, I am a big Rivers fan too! :wacko:

Signature Game

Dec. 29, 1978 - Woody Hayes made the worst mistake of his legendary career: The 65-year-old Ohio State coach slugged an opposing player.

Losing by two points with a little more than two minutes left in the Gator Bowl in Jacksonville, Ohio State was driving, and had moved the ball into field-goal range at Clemson's 24-yard line. But then noseguard Charlie Bauman intercepted freshman quarterback Art Schlichter's short pass over the middle on the 18.

Bauman was knocked out of bounds on the Buckeyes' sideline. An irate Hayes went over and threw a punch at Bauman before he was restrained by several of his players.

The morning after the 17-15 defeat, Hayes was fired. He never coached again. He also never apologized to Bauman for hitting him.

I'm sorry the dolphins aren't awesome this year.... U can come cry on my shoulder and I'll whisper ""72 dolphins" in ur ear over and over again to make u feel better

I really couldn't care less about either team. The "trip" didn't look like much as far as actually moving. The guy leaned forward enough to make contact but he was standing out of bounds. At first glance it looked like he just didn't move but he braced for contact. The second slow mow with the zoom in showed he slightly leaned in. Not saying it's ok, but I guess I just don't jump to "trying to end a player's career" from that motion. I could see the guy being fired. If he was a good staff member, I could also see if he was fined/suspended without pay/etc. but allowed to stay on the team after said punishment.

Didn't know Fins fans were so paranoid or felt sorry for themselves. There are plenty of teams that aren't "big name" but I don't really think anybody is out to get Miami. There are far more mediocre or worse teams than there are "good" teams that get the prestige and following of the Patriots, Colts, etc.

Alright guys, the buck stops here for getting this thread off track - didn't mean to turn this into a homer (and resultantly homer-bashing) thread. Was excited about the win and was a good bit inebriated last night.

ON TOPIC: Still no word from the Jets organization. Report on USA Today says the NFL will launch an investigation. Sounds to me like this is not being handled in-house.

Edited by overworkedirish

There is no conspiracy or blind eye's thrown any single teams way in the NFL. That's a homer stretch if I've ever heard one.