[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFC "Championship" game

rattsass

Who will win the game?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Packers or Falcons

• Falcons
    • Packers

I have a feeling that the Falcons aren't getting the credit they deserve. ESPN is going gaga over the Pack, and the sentiment seems to be that they are just going to waltz into the dome and take it. Gamblers on the message boards seem to be all over them as well. I don't know if I am imagining this or not. Let's see where you guys stand on this game. Personally, I think the Falcons will be nearly impossible to beat in a playoff game in that place. They just don't make mistakes. In that dome, I just don't think the Packers can get it done. What says you?

Edited by rattsass

:wacko:

I have been bashing the Pack for three years because of my dislike for MM and TT.

But, in this one, I think GB has a shot. They have played pretty well these past 3 weeks. Some will say they beat over-rated teams, teams on a downhill spiral, etc. But, they've been playing well as a team.

Plus, the depth players GB has playing are stepping up...something they should do as professionals. The only thing that can beat them this week...is themselves. (i.e. - Mental Mistakes, ST Fubars, and MM playing too conservative if they get a lead.)

The Falcons are nearly unbeatable in their house. But, the last game with GB was close.

This time, I think GB pulls an upset.

28 - 24

***If by chance GB loses, they should not play the "injury" card. NE has had 19 different players this year and are playing lights out. GB is playing well now too...so no excuses.

Edited by Ed Hoyle

Packers have a chance to avenge three regular season road losses (all games in which they were in a position to win)... ATL, CHI, and NEP.

Personally, I think this game could go either way, and is the hardest of the four this week, in terms of me picking a winner. But, the Packers had a legitimate chance of beating the Falcons on Thanksgiving weekend, in Atlanta, if not for a Rodgers fumble at the goal line. This time, I think they find a way to hold on to the ball, and pull out a close win.

GB 24

ATL 20

I just don't think Atlanta is a great team. I don't remember them having any very convincing wins over anybody.. they seem to always play tight games and find ways to win. I think the Packers D is better than Atlanta's D, I think Rodgers and co. can outscore Ryan, Turner, Gonzo and White.

Edited by BeerLeagueQB

I have a feeling that the Falcons aren't getting the credit they deserve. ESPN is going gaga over the Pack, and the sentiment seems to be that they are just going to waltz into the dome and take it. Gamblers on the message boards seem to be all over them as well. I don't know if I am imagining this or not. Let's see where you guys stand on this game. Personally, I think the Falcons will be nearly impossible to beat in a playoff game in that place. They just don't make mistakes. In that dome, I just don't think the Packers can get it done. What says you?

I think it's a coin flip game, if the previous game this season is any indication. Atlanta played damn near flawless, GB was a little sloppier, and the end result was a 20-17 Falcons win.

If the Falcons fall off and GB tightens it up, it can EASILY go the other way.

I saw the Eagles play the Pack twice, and the Falcons once, so I have seen each up close. the eagles lost two games to GB by a total of 12 points, and crushed the Falcons in a game that was never close.

The game plan for the Packers will be to get a lead early, and take Turner away. If they can do that, and make the Falcons become more one dimensional, they have a real good shot. While GB ran the ball well last week, I think this week they need to throw, and throw a ton. Their slow-paced offense kept the Eagles in the game last week, and almost cost them a win. They have a tremendous passing attack, and this week, they need to turn it loose, in a dome, under ideal conditions.

On the flip side, I have seen the Falcons stuggle for long stretches of time during some games, only to pull out wins in the final 5-10 minutes of games. Against a better opponent, in a playoff atmosphere, it will be much tougher.

With all due respect, I too like the Pack.....31-20.

I was talking to my son yesterday and he mentioned a conversation we had back in the summer about who would be in the Superbowl. I remember kind of being at a loss to pick out a team that was going to be head and shoulders above the rest in either conference. So I told my son, if there is a vacuum of power at the top of the AFC, I will take the Patriots because all things being equal, Hoodie will come out on top. In the NFC, I thought the Packers were going to be the best of a muddled NFC picture.

The loss of Finley and Grant no doubt set the Packers back, but right now they are the team we all expected them to be. They could very well win this game. But I have watched both of these teams all season long, and as much as I'd like to look like a genius to my son for pulling the correct names out of the hat on that hot summer day, I just don't think it will happen. The Falcons are the NFC version of the Pats. At times, they are unimpressive, but they are ultimately like a boa constrictor. They don't make mistakes. They squeeze the life out of you.

If the game was in Green Bay, different story. I just don't think Matty Ice lets this one get away at home. Should be a great game either way, no way it is a blowout.

I was talking to my son yesterday and he mentioned a conversation we had back in the summer about who would be in the Superbowl. I remember kind of being at a loss to pick out a team that was going to be head and shoulders above the rest in either conference. So I told my son, if there is a vacuum of power at the top of the AFC, I will take the Patriots because all things being equal, Hoodie will come out on top. In the NFC, I thought the Packers were going to be the best of a muddled NFC picture.

The loss of Finley and Grant no doubt set the Packers back, but right now they are the team we all expected them to be. They could very well win this game. But I have watched both of these teams all season long, and as much as I'd like to look like a genius to my son for pulling the correct names out of the hat on that hot summer day, I just don't think it will happen. The Falcons are the NFC version of the Pats. At times, they are unimpressive, but they are ultimately like a boa constrictor. They don't make mistakes. They squeeze the life out of you.

If the game was in Green Bay, different story. I just don't think Matty Ice lets this one get away at home. Should be a great game either way, no way it is a blowout.

awesome if it was brack & forth high scoring like the Pack/Cards last year :wacko:

I have liked the Packers to make the bowl since preseason. I think the Falcons have a very good team, and I think they have the edge to win this game, but I think the Packers are playing as well as anyone in the league right now while the Falcons were recently beaten at home by the Saints. These two teams played to a close 20-17 Falcons win in Atlanta in week 12.

The Packers have the better QB, WRs and defense. The Falcons have the better running game and edge on the offensive line & TE spots. I'd give coaching to the Falcons.

It's a pretty even match, but I like the Packers stars to make a difference in a big game. We know they can. We don't really know that about the Falcons yet.

What's really cool is that this is one of the first playoff match-ups featuring the NFL's new "Young gun" QB's. Yeah, it would be awesome to see them duel it out, not sure it will play out that way but you never know.

Edited by rattsass

The Falcons are a machine. They'll make the Pack one-dimensional. Turner will put the game away in the 4th quarter, making the Falcons the team that ultimately falls to the Seahawks in the NFC Championship.

The Falcons are a machine. They'll make the Pack one-dimensional. Turner will put the game away in the 4th quarter, making the Falcons the team that ultimately falls to the Seahawks in the NFC Championship.

The Packers were one dimensional when they played in ATL last time, and if not for a Rodgers fumble on the goal line, the Packers probably win that game. Matthews is healthier this time around, Walden has been a massive upgrade at the other OLB position, Bishop is playing lights out, and James Starks might have figured it out. Either way, making the Packers one dimensional last time barely got them a win. Neither team is going to blow out the other one.