[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

To those who read my first thread, I am not a dude.

SportzChick

To those who read and replied to my first topic,

No, I am not a dude. I didn't post that to get people to look at my blog. After I posted my topic, I was ill and only came back Friday evening to check it.

I learned about this site from a fantasy football book I read. Yes, it is possible for women to look around and join in the conversation this late. I just never thought about it beforehand, being a dumb female and all I suppose.

Lastly and sadly, I'm insulted and shaking my head at the replies I received to my introductory post. Maybe this post will get closed like the first one, but I'm the type where I have to set a record straight.

I regret that my first post was taken so badly. I never thought wanting to connect with other fantasy football fans would net me insults, jokes and downright crudeness. Maybe this site isn't right for me after all. My mistake.

Sincerely,

SportzChick

Almost every "introductory post" goes the same way to some extent... consider it a type of online hazing. Most people avoid that by simply joining in the coversations without any kind of introductory post, which as you found out, is like chum in the water to the sharks in the area. My advice (not that you asked) is to just jump in and join the coversations as if you've been here all along. The jerks will leave you alone for the most part, and if you can get past your initial distaste I'm confident that you'll find this place to be a wonderful online community. You also had the misfortunate to time your introduction on the heels of anther male Huddler being exposed as having a female alias... so there may have been some actual suspicion along with the inexcusable crudeness. Anyway, I think I speak for most here when I say that I hope you stick around. And if you do, welcome!!!

Almost every "introductory post" goes the same way to some extent... consider it a type of online hazing. Most people avoid that by simply joining in the coversations without any kind of introductory post, which as you found out, is like chum in the water to the sharks in the area. My advice (not that you asked) is to just jump in and join the coversations as if you've been here all along. The jerks will leave you alone for the most part, and if you can get past your initial distaste I'm confident that you'll find this place to be a wonderful online community. You also had the misfortunate to time your introduction on the heels of anther male Huddler being exposed as having a female alias... so there may have been some actual suspicion along with the inexcusable crudeness. Anyway, I think I speak for most here when I say that I hope you stick around. And if you do, welcome!!!

+!

...and well said SB

:wacko:

I remember this other hot girl's first introductory post named Montster. We still throw two dolla at him for love me long time GI.

And then this sweet young thing called wiegie. I'll never forget banging her on the Eiffel Tower in June during a glorious Parisian sunset while Etta James sang At Laaaast in the background.

And then Whomper....I've never met a woman with such lovely bleached-blonde backhair. We would tie it into ponytails and play ride the pony.

But the best of all was Hugh 0ne. You remember that bald girl in Star Trek: The Motion Picture? Nuff said.

Edited by TimC

I remember this other hot girl's first introductory post named Montster. We still throw two dolla at him for love me long time GI.

And then this sweet young thing called wiegie. I'll never forget banging her on the Eiffel Tower in June during a glorious Parisian sunset while Etta James sang At Laaaast in the background.

And then Whomper....I've never met a woman with such lovely bleached-blonde backhair. We would tie it into ponytails and play ride the pony.

But the best of all was Hugh 0ne. You remember that bald girl in Star Trek: The Motion Picture? Nuff said.

:wacko:

People who have real issues find a lot of support here, as well as sincere advice. Any time you put yourself out there based on self pity you are going to get clobbered. This one sight that will never have an etiquette forum. No matter how you may be treated for a frivolous or exaggerated post: if there is a real issue, the forces rally. You just need to hang in and give it a chance.

4:14am' [/b]post='3623005']

To those who read and replied to my first topic,

No, I am not a dude. I didn't post that to get people to look at my blog. After I posted my topic, I was ill and only came back Friday evening to check it.

I learned about this site from a fantasy football book I read. Yes, it is possible for women to look around and join in the conversation this late. I just never thought about it beforehand, being a dumb female and all I suppose.

Lastly and sadly, I'm insulted and shaking my head at the replies I received to my introductory post. Maybe this post will get closed like the first one, but I'm the type where I have to set a record straight.

I regret that my first post was taken so badly. I never thought wanting to connect with other fantasy football fans would net me insults, jokes and downright crudeness. Maybe this site isn't right for me after all. My mistake.

Sincerely,

SportzChick

one thing is for sure, you are an early bird, or is it night owl? :wacko:

You really know how to get me going with your purdy words and such. Do you have a 976 number where I can reach you?

If you are for real then take a look at the other threads, you'll get an idea about what the norm is here. Savage Beatings post was right, you came in right on the heels of one of our most notorious former members getting banned then coming back with a female alias and then getting banned again. A lot of folks pretty much assumed you were him right off the bat. If you are in fact who you are then no worries on being a female on this site. We have quite a few here & most are very well treated & well respected ladies for The Huddle. They also can take a good bit of ribbing from the "dudes" and dish out plenty of their own. :wacko: