[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What operating system do you use?

keggerz

I stupidly didn't check to make sure that Lightroom 4 was compatible with Windows XP...when it wouldn't install properly I did some searching and that was when I found out that Adobe isn't supporting XP in LR4...it was cited that XP was brought to market in 2001...man how time has flown...but with that I figured I would ask what OS everyone is using.

I actually downgraded back down to XP from Vista for a while, because for business and tech stuff Vista was just a nightmare.

But I'm very happy now with Windows 7 for the most part though, and the recommendation actually came from a graphic designer who used to be a militant Mac supporter.

Lion.... Just switched to a mac and then switched my whole office over of 10 computers. I will "never" go back to a pc. I run windows 7 on a partition on my laptop just for quickbooks and that is all.

This is after spending my entire life on a PC or since 1992.

WindowsXP SP3 - I haven't had a need to upgrade so far. Everything still works great with XP. I find it hard to believe that Adobe LightRoom can't be made to work with XP 32-bit unless it's 64-bit only. Seems like an industry practice to make the older O.S. go away.

Lion.... Just switched to a mac and then switched my whole office over of 10 computers. I will "never" go back to a pc. I run windows 7 on a partition on my laptop just for quickbooks and that is all.

This is after spending my entire life on a PC or since 1992.

FYI, you can run quickbooks on OS X 10.7. I have helped local businesses convert it in the past. It's not too hard.

MS DOS

Wow, that's pretty old school. I'm a programmer and still use DOS some and still like the old MS-DOS editor for some things. I also use Unix and a proprietary layer of OS on top of that for our development environment (migrated to Unix from an old proprietary hardware/software).

On PCs its 7 at work and XP Professional on the laptop at home. Also had Vista before that.

Still getting used to 7, while its pretty stable I'm not a fan of many of the changes in it, or the MS apps that have changed since then (including Word, Excel, IE, etc.). Microsoft continues to dumb things down to make them "better" but it just makes things harder for existing users. (Too many functions have changed and moved in a drastic way.) As a developer I'm used to having to continue to support old ways of doing things even as we evolve. But then MS doesn't care as much about the end users since they don't really have a choice of what OS to use.