[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Boomer Esiason comments again..

Shorttynaz

I'm by no way a Jets fan, a Bronco's fan, or even a Tim Tebow fan. I don't think the guy is all that great. But really.. What does Boomer Esiason have against Tim Tebow? You're out of the game dude - you don't work for the Jets, you're not Sanchez's agent - SHUT UP already..

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/hiestand-tv/story/2012-08-21/Boomer-Esiason-on-Tim-Tebow-Michael-Hiestand/57196932/1

Yeah a Tebow thread.

Esiason is paid to express his opinion and comment on the NFL. I think he knows a lot more than most of us. And most people happen to agree that Tebow cannot be even a capable backup QB in the NFL.

Why does Esiason's comment's bother you so much?

I kinda agree with him. I don't think Tebow is a consistent enough passer to be an every down QB. I don't see what the big deal is. Not everyone is going to like his style of play, least of all a prototypical pocket passer. And BTW, Boomer gets paid to have an opinion on such matters.

Why does Esiason's comment's bother you so much?

I dunno.. I just read that and it rubbed me the wrong way. He did the same thing a few weeks ago. I can understand all the lashing out at Tebow if Tebow called him out or something. But from what I gather, he didn't. Tebow has way better self control that I could ever imagine having.

I'm not saying Esiason wasn't a decent QB, but look at his career averages: 202 yards/game, 1.3 TD/game.

Dude made it to 1 SB and threw an INT instead of a TD, and he didn't crack the 150 yard mark.

I can understand if Marino, or Elway, or Montata, or even Steve Young was critical of Tebow.. But Esiason..?? Really??

I am not a Tebow fan and understand Esiason is paid to express opinions. However, this rubbed me the wrong way too. The issue is that Esiason is focusing his commentary on one QB. I don't recall hearing his opinion of other 2nd string QBs around the league - this gives the appearance that he's got an ax to grind on this particular issue.

Going back a 2nd time makes him look petty. Say your piece and be done with it - we know where you stand.

I am not a Tebow fan and understand Esiason is paid to express opinions. However, this rubbed me the wrong way too. The issue is that Esiason is focusing his commentary on one QB. I don't recall hearing his opinion of other 2nd string QBs around the league - this gives the appearance that he's got an ax to grind on this particular issue.

Going back a 2nd time makes him look petty. Say your piece and be done with it - we know where you stand.

That's exactly what I was getting at..

Of course, there is always the matter of having to run, and therefor practice, an entirely different offense for Tebow, which does limit his ability to be the primary back-up.

That doesn't mean you can't decide that what Tebow brings to the table, in total, is worth designing an offense around. But that's another thing entirely. That means making him your guy and finding another guy with a similar skill set to put behind him.

I don't know, maybe Boomer was asked a second time what he thought. But are we really going to just now start dogging sports talking heads for repeating themselves? Is there a single one that doesn't find a point and just keep hammering on it?

That's exactly what I was getting at..

It's not like Boomer is going out of his way to make these comments. He is the co-host of a New York area sports talk radio show. The local shows are being dominated by Tebow talk. Of course he is going to continue talking about him.

He's right as well.

Not sure why it makes much difference. Esiason has been sticking barbs in Tebow for quite a while. It's almost like Tebow threatens him somehow or he's offended by Tebow having the temerity to play the same position he did.

I just assign Esiason's comments for what they are worth when an alleged professional feels the need to attack on a personal level, especially repeatedly - zilch. Just damages Esiason's overall credibility IMO.

Edited by Bronco Billy

The fact that people outside of NY haven't heard him talk about other QBs just means that they're not listening to his radio show - he's spoken about others. You just have to remember that he's responding to listener questions and trying to come up with content/material that NY listeners want to tune into . . . there isn't a radio personality in NY that hasn't spoken at length, several times, about their views of Tebow. That's all anyone around here seems to talk about - it's not like there's anything to talk about with Eli . . . he's a known, proven quantity with 2 rings. Yawn.

I dunno I think things for Tebow are looking up

Link

After a meeting with Jets offensive coordinator Tony Sparano, Tebow has reportedly been focused on spreading the ball around more and has developed other favorite targets, including Gatorade coolers, D’Brickashaw Ferguson’s back, the bench, the pylons, a laundry bin filled with towels, and the team’s golf cart.

Awesome.

Edited by jetsfan