[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Get Ripped Off by Your Commish Lately?

Wiseman155

Here is the deal. In our league, there is a two day wait period after a trade agreement to allow for any dissent. The commish does have authority to push it through, but usually (95% of the time) gives everyone at least one full day to veto the trade.

I sent a trade offer a couple of days ago trying to get some bites because my league is very trade averse. Tonight when I got home around 9:30 after having a lovely night with my GF, found out that not only did someone accept one of my trades but that the commish had decided to push it through.

Now I come to you fine gentlemen (and ladies) to ask for your opinion. Obviously, you all thought the trade was a bad idea. Because the commish pushed it through only 6 hours after the trade had been accepted, didn't even give both parties the night to think it over. I am now stuck with a trade that I probably would have vetoed if given the chance.

Has anyone had similar problems with a commish? He also did this to me last year and I complained about it then too. I thought he got it to give teams time to decide if they want the trade, but obviously he did not.

I think that I should be given the opportunity to veto the trade if I want to, even though it has already gone through. I am about to send the other team the exact opposite trade offer, hoping that he is a nice guy and would do so for me. I would still have to deal with it for one week, but maybe it would work out.

Let me know what you guys think. I might be sour grapes, and if I am let me know.

Let me get this straight:

You proposed a trade, and it was accepted.

Now, you want the right to VETO the trade??? I don't get it.

In our league, once a proposed trade is accepted and approved, it's a done deal, unless the trade was revoked BEFORE acceptance, which is what you should have done (or. maybe, never proposed the trade to begin with?).

Why would YOU propose a trade, and then object because you couldn't veto it?

Sorry man, you lose.

• Like 1

Here is the deal. In our league, there is a two day wait period after a trade agreement to allow for any dissent. The commish does have authority to push it through, but usually (95% of the time) gives everyone at least one full day to veto the trade.

I sent a trade offer a couple of days ago trying to get some bites because my league is very trade averse. Tonight when I got home around 9:30 after having a lovely night with my GF, found out that not only did someone accept one of my trades but that the commish had decided to push it through.

Now I come to you fine gentlemen (and ladies) to ask for your opinion. Obviously, you all thought the trade was a bad idea. Because the commish pushed it through only 6 hours after the trade had been accepted, didn't even give both parties the night to think it over. I am now stuck with a trade that I probably would have vetoed if given the chance.

Has anyone had similar problems with a commish? He also did this to me last year and I complained about it then too. I thought he got it to give teams time to decide if they want the trade, but obviously he did not.

I think that I should be given the opportunity to veto the trade if I want to, even though it has already gone through. I am about to send the other team the exact opposite trade offer, hoping that he is a nice guy and would do so for me. I would still have to deal with it for one week, but maybe it would work out.

Let me know what you guys think. I might be sour grapes, and if I am let me know.

I don't get it. You want to veto your own trade? You're not making any sense. The wait period is not supposed to be time for the parties to the trade to change their minds. It's supposed to be time for others to evaluate your trade. Once your offer was accepted, it's a done deal unless others veto it. You no longer have a say. Veto power is either in the hands of the commish or via a vote from the teams who are not parties to the trade. Suggestion: don't put out offers you are going to regret the next morning. Next morning regret is a terrible thing. Just ask your GF! :fool:

Edited by Dcat

The situation sounds stupid, but the OP should spell out what the league rule on this is if they have some strange rule for canceling a trade with in a certain time period. I was in a league before that the owners had 24hrs to reverse a trade after it was made. If this was the case, he has a point. I wouldn't like the rule and we got rid of it several years ago in my league but it dosen't mean that some league still wouldnt have it and if they do, it should be followed.

My take is that Wiseman was using this as a "feel out offer" and unfortunatly hit the right nerve for his trading partner.

The Commisioner took advandage of the situation and approved the trade to screw him over or better the odds of his own team. Maybe so they could have the players Sunday, who knows.

Wiseman, let this be a lesson to you. Don't propose a trade if you don't mean it.