[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2013 HOF finalists

tazinib1

Does anyone feel the NFL lets too many people in the HOF? Has there ever been a year no one was elected?

NFL HOF rules currently mandate 3-6 inductees every year, plus a potential inductee from the veterans commitee. It used to be 4-7 inductees.

Any list without Ray Guy is bogus and should be thrown out.

Kris Kluwe agrees

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/kluwe-fined-nfl-ray-guy-202623928--nfl.html

He would have to be a senior candidate now. Had to check myself, no punters in HOF (and only 3 kickers Blanda, Groza, Stenerud).

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/positions.aspx

Does anyone feel the NFL lets too many people in the HOF? Has there ever been a year no one was elected?

Not enough IMO. Half those guys should be in and its going to take years till they all are

Larry Allen - yes

Tim Brown - yes

Cris Carter - yes

Curley Culp - don't know him but have heard he's deserving

Kevin Greene - boderline

Charles Haley - yes and too long already

Jonathan Ogden- yes

Bill Parcells- not in my opinion but seemingly everyone else's

Andre Reed- probably not to me

Dave Robinson- no idea who he is

Warren Sapp- yes

Will Shields- yes

Michael Strahan - yes

Aeneas Williams- borderline

no to the ones I deleted and IMO owners, coaches and such should be a separate vote and not detract from the amount of players who go in each year

Edited by Zooty

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Larry Allen

Tim Brown

Curley Culp

Edward DeBartolo Jr.

Kevin Greene

Charles Haley

Jonathan Ogden

Bill Parcells

Dave Robinson

Warren Sapp

Will Shields

Michael Strahan

Aeneas Williams.

IMO all these guys are worthy....narrowing it down, my list of 6 would be:

Brown

Culp

Greene

Ogden

Shields

Robinson (homer vote here)

2013 Hall of Fame Class: Larry Allen, Chris Carter, Jonathan Ogden, Bill Parcells, Dave Robinson, Warren Sapp, Curly Culp

Not too thrilled about Warren Sapp...he just makes me wanna throw a real brick at the television. Not one of those styrophome deals, the real thing. I understand his impact, he was a stud. But damn...that mouth.

And Tim Brown has to wait again...I just don't get it.

Edited by tazinib1

And Tim Brown has to wait again...I just don't get it.

Yep, I refuse to acknowledge the HOF until he is. I won't watch the game, I won't go to the ceremony (I live less than 2 hours away), I won't take the kids to see the Hall, nothing. It's an absolute joke that some of these donkeys are getting in on their first year and Brown isn't. "Splitting the WR vote" notwithstanding he should have been a first-ballot member.

• Like 1

Chris Carter – 1,101 Rec, 13,899 Rec Yards, 130 TD’s…

Tim Brown – 1,094 Rec, 14,934 Rec Yards, 105 TD’s…

Andre Reed – 951 Rec, 13,198 Rec Yards, 87 TD’s…

In my opinion all three of these wideouts should be in the HOF, and I believe eventually will, especially now that Carter went in. Cant argue against the Chris Carter getting in, especially since he's been waiting so long to get in, but Tim Brown should be next wide reciever to be inducted (despite him putting his foot in his mouth this year with the Callahan statements)...as much as HOF is a popularity contest, eventually the voters cannot ignore the numbers...his longevity (17 years), consistency (9 pro bowls) and pure numbers (best overall WR not in the HOF...now that CC is in) should get him next year

Edited by Return Of S&B