[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We are not watching football anymore

Cowboyz1

.........however that "roughing" call on SF just now is worth posting here IMO. Holy #### that may be the most ridiculous call I've ever seen. How much coin you have on CAR there ref? What joke that rule is. I'm up for an NFL boycott too....

.........however that "roughing" call on SF just now is worth posting here IMO. Holy #### that may be the most ridiculous call I've ever seen. How much coin you have on CAR there ref? What joke that rule is. I'm up for an NFL boycott too....

Definitely a bad call. At least it didn't end up having many implications though, as it was followed by an INT.

And yep could have a last game at the stick if not for that first one

Of course if you want to play the refs cost us the homefield advantage game; us Hawks fans can point to several calls and non-calls in the 3 losses that were questionable. Not to mention the week 16 Arizona/Seattle game would have meant a lot more to the Hawks if they don't have a 2-game lead for the division.

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Like 1

Of course if you want to play the refs cost us the homefield advantage game; us Hawks fans can point to several calls and non-calls in the 3 losses that were questionable. Not to mention the week 16 Arizona/Seattle game would have meant a lot more to the Hawks if they don't have a 2-game lead for the division.

Seahawks fans should never complain about calls/non-calls. In today's NFL, it completely amazes me how much their defensive backfield gets away with.

Edit: Cue the "you're just a homer who thinks the NFL is out to get the Saints" crowd.

Edited by rajncajn
  • Like 2

I was responding to San Fran fans implying that the refs cost San Fran a #1 seed. So, your beef with my post seems odd if you aren't complaining.

I'm saying that Seahawks fans don't have room to complain about calls/non-calls because the Seahawks get away with so much from their defensive backfield. It's a known fact that they do. It's part of their defensive strategy. If other teams don't like it, then they need to do something to overcome it if they can because they know that they aren't going to get much help from the refs. So far, very few teams have been able to and you are seeing the results of that now. That doesn't change the fact that they are not being called for what is typically a penalty on most defensive plays.

Edited by rajncajn
  • Like 1

i think the refs have done an atrocious job this year in general. I watch many games, but often switch solely to the 49ers games when they are on so more in tune to those. the lack of consistancy and the call/ non-calls are driving me away from teh game: ie: car gets called for a headbutt (appropriately), but boldin does not later in the game.

sure i am a homer, but that gb game was one of the worst i have ever seen

• Like 3

That I won't argue. There's a lot more scrutiny due to timeouts, HDTV, TIVO, etc but holy carp has the NFL missed the boat on policing this. The new rules are pretty necessary, but good lord do they need to do a much better job of getting them right.

• Like 1

I'm saying that Seahawks fans don't have room to complain about calls/non-calls because the Seahawks get away with so much from their defensive backfield.

In some games sure. In other games they have been called for everything including the slightest contact. I wasn't "complaining about calls" as much as replying to a post that was complaining about calls. I simply mentioned that every team has had a share of bad calls against them at times this year.

Glad you're not butthurt about Saturday's game though. :okay:

What really is a shame is when the contact is incidental . Like if a qb gets hit or swung around into another defensive player and their heads happen to collide

FWIW, this was an illegal hit. He tried to lead with his shoulder, but got a little too high. Didn't allow for a "football move" either. As I've said in the past, I hate the rule, but it was an illegal hit and was rightly penalized. As a fan, though, I loved it. It really set the tone for the defense and let the Seahawks know that they would be in for a long day on offense.

• Like 1

In some games sure. In other games they have been called for everything including the slightest contact. I wasn't "complaining about calls" as much as replying to a post that was complaining about calls. I simply mentioned that every team has had a share of bad calls against them at times this year.

Glad you're not butthurt about Saturday's game though. :okay:

Seattle was the better team this year. Pass interference doesn't negate two missed field goals and a fumble in the opponents territory. Other than that, the game was pretty neck-and-neck and MUCH better than the last outing. We get you at home next year, I'd wager things will be much different.

FWIW, this was an illegal hit. He tried to lead with his shoulder, but got a little too high. Didn't allow for a "football move" either. As I've said in the past, I hate the rule, but it was an illegal hit and was rightly penalized. As a fan, though, I loved it. It really set the tone for the defense and let the Seahawks know that they would be in for a long day on offense.

If you notice that the receiver followed the ball trying to catch it, making him fall forward at the moment of impact. Bush, the safety was leading with his shoulder and had the receiver stayed upright he would have been hit squarely in the chest. There is no way the safety could change his contact point. Besides, a few years ago that hit would have been praised, by the announcers, the fans, and his teammates for laying the wood and sending a message to the Hawks that they came to play today. Slowing it down you can see contact was made on the upper left shoulder sending the receivers head back but no helmet contact.

That was a textbook "de-cleater" as Madden would have pointed out. Ohhh the good ole days. Receivers use to have to think twice about catching balls over the middle and hits like that would pay dividends later on in the game in the form of alligator arms. No more I guess. I just don't see how the game can adjust to the rules of "hit but not too hard". I agree with calling PF for spearing and head hunting but hard hits that only make the guys head snap back or this defenseless receiver crap is BS. No such thing as a defenseless receiver, all he has to do is step away from the ball. Simple. You won't get hit if you don't try to catch it. If you try to catch it, your not defenseless. Your putting yourself in harms way. The only defenseless receiver are the ones on the sideline or on the bench. Go after one of those guys then yes, PF and I'm all for it. :shrug:

Edited by Cowboyz1

If you notice that the receiver followed the ball trying to catch it, making him fall forward at the moment of impact. Bush, the safety was leading with his shoulder and had the receiver stayed upright he would have been hit squarely in the chest. There is no way the safety could change his contact point. Besides, a few years ago that hit would have been praised, by the announcers, the fans, and his teammates for laying the wood and sending a message to the Hawks that they came to play today. Slowing it down you can see contact was made on the upper left shoulder sending the receivers head back but no helmet contact.

That was a textbook "de-cleater" as Madden would have pointed out. Ohhh the good ole days. Receivers use to have to think twice about catching balls over the middle and hits like that would pay dividends later on in the game in the form of alligator arms. No more I guess. I just don't see how the game can adjust to the rules of "hit but not too hard". I agree with calling PF for spearing and head hunting but hard hits that only make the guys head snap back or this defenseless receiver crap is BS. No such thing as a defenseless receiver, all he has to do is step away from the ball. Simple. You won't get hit if you don't try to catch it. If you try to catch it, your not defenseless. Your putting yourself in harms way. The only defenseless receiver are the ones on the sideline or on the bench. Go after one of those guys then yes, PF and I'm all for it. :shrug:

You either don't get it, or don't want to get it, but you'll need to get over it.
  • Like 3

I'm saying that Seahawks fans don't have room to complain about calls/non-calls because the Seahawks get away with so much from their defensive backfield. It's a known fact that they do. It's part of their defensive strategy. If other teams don't like it, then they need to do something to overcome it if they can because they know that they aren't going to get much help from the refs. So far, very few teams have been able to and you are seeing the results of that now. That doesn't change the fact that they are not being called for what is typically a penalty on most defensive plays.

Correct. They are overly aggressive - so much so that they will intentionally commit holding, pass interference, you name it... they get away with it more times than they're penalized for it, so it's worth the risk. Plus, their defense is SO good WITHOUT this that even if they give up some penalty yardage, they can still stop you cold.

• Like 1