[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brandin Cooks to the Texans

DMD

Brandin Cooks and a 4th round pick for the Rams 2nd round pick this year. 

That is better for Cooks (health willing) but the net is still less for the Texans losing Hopkins.

The problem is they are two different type of WRs. Cooks is a homerun hitter. Nuk is more of Fitgerald type with great route running and exceptional hands. Who is going to run underneath routes to open it up for Cooks AND Fuller? Let's not forget Cooks health.

For the Rams, it seems they are trying to cut their losses with all of this dumping.

/sarcasm

It’s all going according to BoB’s plan:

Hire Antonio Brown on a one year deal and let him serve out a few games the NFL may dish out as penance along with games missed, err time served.

Fuller starts the year on fire, then gets hurt in week 3 like usual. Out for the year.

Cooks is on fire for the next 3 games until he get slapped on the helmet by a teammate. Out for the year.

Antonio has figured out the playbook and served his time by week 6 - comes in and leads the WR corps in receiving the rest of the regular season. Self destructs just before the wildcard game.

BoB saves the season by making the playoffs, has a scapegoat for getting dominated in the first round, and keeps his job for another year. 

Seems like he’s the guy nobody wants.  Four teams in five years.  And, as much as it seems like he’s had concussion issues or whatever, he’s only missed two games in the past five seasons (both this year).  

he may not miss many games, but he sure goes missing in a lot of games.  For a home run hitter, he had 2 tds last year? 1 game over 100 yds, and only 3 others over 50 yds.5 tds the year before.  I had him both 2 and 3 yrs ago and swore i would never draft him again. He's at best a HR hitter with a .180 avg.

1 hour ago, BillyBalata said:

he may not miss many games, but he sure goes missing in a lot of games.  For a home run hitter, he had 2 tds last year? 1 game over 100 yds, and only 3 others over 50 yds.5 tds the year before.  I had him both 2 and 3 yrs ago and swore i would never draft him again. He's at best a HR hitter with a .180 avg.

Well, Goff isn't the best QB to have for Cook's skill set. He should fare far better under Watson.

Cook's value is far better in a best ball league scenario.  

2 hours ago, BillyBalata said:

52 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Well, Goff isn't the best QB to have for Cook's skill set. He should fare far better under Watson.

Last year was clearly an anomaly for his stats. Like BB said, Goff wasn't a good match for Cook. He should do better in Houston, but it's still a major downgrade from Nuk. 

Edited by Shaft

6 hours ago, BillyBalata said:

4 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Last year was a bit of anomaly for him. The rams whole offense was sputtering. We can typically write him in for about 1100 yds, 70-80 rec and about 6 tds. 

A big frustration in fantasy is that he gets open... has a few steps on the defender ... then gets the big DPI called against the db, so he loses those large chunks of yards.

The situation with houston is going to be interesting- i wonder if it will looking like vick/roddy.

18 hours ago, LordOpie said:

This

Beyond confusing. I like cooks but he's had too many concussion. That 2nd buys a good rookie wr at a low dollar cost

I have had Fuller XLVIIX kill me a few times. Now should I trust Cooks to stay on the field?  smh

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1