[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Does your fantasy football league allow add/drop transactions after you missed the playoffs?

Sorney24

I assumed my leagues lock eliminated teams but just checked settings and one, a yahoo league is set to no.  Regardless, if I'm eliminated I "self lock" and don't drop/add anyone. I would think most fantasy footballers who have been around awhile would consider it to be bad form to transact after being eliminated...but then again it's a dog eat dog world out there!

• Thanks 1

If there is some kind of consolation bracket or "most points for entire season" thing, then add/drops should be allowed.  But dropping a guy like Chubb shouldn't be happening unless he's hurt.  I hate to think the worst of people, but I would look to see who has the #1 waiver priority to see if they need a RB.... because something fishy could be going on.

• Thanks 1

We do have a toilet bowl and a week 17 highest score payout. But it’s understood in our long time league that those still in contention get first crack at waivers. And no one in our group would ever drop a good player. That would be highly frowned on. 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Sorney24 said:

Oh yeah and there is no “ toilet bowl“ or consolation bracket in our league. Also known as when you miss the playoffs.... season done!

If there is no reason for teams eliminated to keep playing, their rosters should be locked so they can't pull something like this. I don't know how your waivers work from this point on, or how close of friends this people are, but if this guy and the team that might have first waiver pick could somehow pick Chubb up?  Punch them in the face and kick them to the curb!

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Sorney24 said:

Oh yeah and there is no “ toilet bowl“ or consolation bracket in our league. Also known as when you miss the playoffs.... season done!

Then I would take a look at who is #1 in waiver priority, especially if that team is in the playoffs.  Something fishy is going on.  No one just drops a player of Chubb's caliber, regardless of circumstances.  I would bet the owner with #1 waiver priority is in the playoffs and will pick up and play Chubb... and is giving the prior Chubb owner a little compensation for doing so.

• Thanks 1

Darin it was actually last week when this happened. A friend of mine in our league that wasn’t in the playoff was #1 on the waiver wire and he picked Chubb up so that he didn’t end up in the hands of someone who was still in the playoffs. #2 on the wire is the daughter of the guy who dropped Chubb, that I played and beat. She would have beat me by 1.5 pts if she had ended up with Chubb. 

I doubt that they would drop Chubb if it was a keeper league or if he still had a consolation game going on. There's no doubt that he should not be dropped or any owner still in the running should not be able to pick him up.

Edited by MikesVikes
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sorney24 said:

Darin it was actually last week when this happened. A friend of mine in our league that wasn’t in the playoff was #1 on the waiver wire and he picked Chubb up so that he didn’t end up in the hands of someone who was still in the playoffs. #2 on the wire is the daughter of the guy who dropped Chubb, that I played and beat. She would have beat me by 1.5 pts if she had ended up with Chubb. 

Yeah, that's pretty suspect.  

• Thanks 1

We have a 10 team league with 6 teams in the playoffs and 4 teams in the toilet bowl.   In our league, we have 3 commissioners which also includes myself.  If anyone in our league would have dropped a player off their team while their team is eliminated, that person would get called out by almost everyone.  It's basically cheating and that person has no integrity.  Possible kick out of the league..

• Thanks 1

On 12/16/2020 at 2:41 PM, Bier Meister said:

If a redraft, eliminated teams should be locked.  Keeper or dynasty= fa/ww should be open

We're a keeper bordering on dynasty (5 keepers out of 9 starters, can keep forever at no increased cost per season) and once the playoffs start any player added is temporary, and only players still in the playoffs can add players. Those out of the playoffs are free to trade. They can also drop players, but nobody does that. 

Since its a keeper nobody like Chubb would be dropped. And if you're not in a keeper league, what's the point of dropping somebody now other than to put them on waivers for a team in the playoffs. If I were commish in that situation I would lock that team's roster, add Chubb to my team and then drop him when the playoffs were over so nobody gets an advantage, and I'd talk with the owner who did it. Thankfully we don't have this childish crap going on in our league. 

Edited by stevegrab
  • Like 1