[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 7 Chat

League_Champion

Chiefs have a crap defense and can't stop the run, which the Titans are great at, simple. 

• Like 1

Zach Wilson is probably done for the season or at least multiple weeks.  Two plays back to back that would have been sure roughing the passer calls on Brady or any veteran.  Rookies, especially ones on bad teams like the Jets, don't get the call.  

Really... I suggest anyone who didn't see the plays (low hit after the throw) watch the replay and you'll see the ref see it all but do nothing.  Twice.  Now the kid will lose significant time.

It seems like the Chiefs haven't been the same since they were exposed in the SB last year.  Bad defense, and a below average O-Line.  Combine the two, and they become very one-dimensional on offense.  Meaning they're behind, can't run the ball, and have to throw a bunch.  Which is fine if you're winning and want to keep the foot on the gas pedal, so to speak.  But, when you're down multiple scores, and your offense is one-dimensional (predictable), most NFL defenses will make you pay.  

It's still somewhat perplexing, since a lot of that isn't really new information.  Their defense has not been particularly good at any point with Mahomes at QB.  So, maybe the O-Line is the difference?  Or, is it just that the rest of the league has figured out how to slow down their offense somewhat?  I don't know.  I don't think it's a simple answer, and it's probably a combination of a few things.  I do think the lack of a consistent running game hurts them, though, for sure.

All of that said, Tennessee has quietly become one of the hottest teams in the league, so they deserve some credit.  Other than the ugly slip-up against the Jets, they're undefeated since Week 1, including wins at SEA and over BUF.  AJ Brown looks to be healthy, and the defense is getting better each week.  And, Henry is Henry.... he's like a video game RB that really has no weaknesses.  Fun to watch, for sure.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, irish said:

Zach Ertz still playing for the Eagles. 

Screenshot_20211024-163209_Chrome.jpg

Zach Ertz is amazing!  

Screenshot_20211024-170827_Chrome.jpg

3 hours ago, RILETT said:

The Chiefs need to find a running game. When the passing game doesn’t work and it has struggled all season they having nothing to fall back on.

Darrel williams is a perfectly servicable RB.  CEH is soft, I'll admit, but DW is more than adequate.  Gotta block a little too.  its not all pass block for wonderboy.