[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Derrick Henry

Kayteeohh33

11 minutes ago, Shaft said:

This changes the fantasy landscape.

No doubt!

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Who is Henry's "handcuff" ?  I thought it was Sargent.  Is he still on the roster?

Jeremy McNichols and Dontrell Hilliard.  Might be some additions coming...

Edited by irish

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

Bad news. There goes the Titans season. 

And most fantasy teams with Henry on them. Guy in our league with him is 4-2-1 and headed for a loss.  He also lost McCaffrey earlier in the season. His 2 losses were to #1 and #2 high scores in those weeks. 

The backup spot will have some value, I remember Hilliard from his time with the Browns, never got much chance to play. Their current backups (Johnson and Felton) have more talent and ability. I doubt they can get a deal done to trade for somebody that fast. Sargent is still on the roster, another backup Evans was put on season long IR. 

McNichols numbers form last year are not bad, certainly got more usage than Hillard did between CLE/HOU

rush 47-204-1  rec 12-55-0 on 17 targets

4 minutes ago, Finn5033 said:

Adrian Peterson on his way to Nashvillle apparently.

Was surprised to still find him in the CBS player database.  He had 150 carries for 600 yards last year for DET, starting 10 games. So if he's in good enough shape he could certainly offer them big value. Better than most guys on the street, and far cheaper than any trade (if you can get one done in about 24 hours). 

3 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

Chris Ballard, please pickup the white courtesy phone.  Time to fleece a division rival for Marlon Mack.. 

Yeah right.  After what just happened to Henry, you'd hope that the Colts brass would see the value in a capable backup just in case their thoroughbred goes down at some point.  Maybe it's just me.  If I were a Colts fan I'd hope they hold onto Mack just in case.  That division is certainly winnable now.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Shaft said:

He's having ankle surgery

Yeah he's definitely done for the season and post-season if they make it there.  What a bummer.  He was a rock for one of my dynasty squads.  Going with Barkley (or Booker) in his spot.

58 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Foot or ankle? I thought he broke a bone towards the toes

I've seen headlines saying both foot surgery and angle surgery, story below used ankle in headline but foot in the story. 

It most likely ends his season but Vrabel did leave that option open that Henry could return and no timetable is set. Normally a 2 month recovery. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-titans-rb-derrick-henry-may-have-season-ending-foot-injury-133944047.html

33 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

Foot surgery is no fun. 2 months my ass. Took me 6 weeks to get out of a boot.

Not sure how to refer this to two different topics, but my buddy had Henry and Ridley on his team as 1st and 2nd round picks. His season is basically destroyed.

I'm in two leagues and went Chubb/Ridley/Sanders in one and Henry/Ridley/Sanders in the other.  It's been a rough year.  

20 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

So how excited is everybody over Adrian Peterson? I'm guessing he'll do okay I wouldn't get my hopes up though. You never know with AP though he could surprise you.

FA waiver recommendation here recommends spending anything you have left to get him.  I suppose it depends how bad you need a RB.  IMO, desperate times call for desperate measures.   I personally wouldn't break the bank on a 36 year old RB who hasn't seen game action in almost a year.   But given the opportunity, he could win you your season..  Total crapshoot.