[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kamara arrested

Big John

1 hour ago, gilthorp said:

Shocked there aren't more stories like this. I remember someone tried to get something going with Aaron Donald, but the video told the truth.

I figure most players are smart enough not to react like this in a verbal altercation. Even if they guy had took a swing at Kamara or somebody in his group, it doesn't warrant that kind of reaction. When 3 tough guys are stomping on a guy laying on the ground it isn't a good look at all. Especially if one is a professional athlete easily capable of taking this guy on himself. 

A few games suspension, and some financial settlement won't deter most of these guys. Getting kicked off the team, or out of the league might. We'll see how much of a black eye this leaves on the NFL, the Saints and what if anything any of them do about it. I guess its public enough now that he won't be able to hide it from his team and get in trouble for that. 

An NFL game in any large city with some nightlife is going to be a spot where this could happen. It isn't unique to Vegas, or even places like LA, NY or Miami. It could happen in Buffalo or Cleveland, or Denver or Seattle. Also, nothing good happens after midnight, or is that 2AM. 

Anybody else find it odd that the police were not called after this happened, or at least we don't hear that. They were called to the hospital, not sure if the victim did that, requested it or SOP for a person being treated for an ass whooping. 

52 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I'm shocked that the Saints haven't released him yet.

Not going to happen unless he is convicted with jail time.  If they did,  someone else would scoop him up and the Saints would be left with his contract. I fully expect them to either draft or bring in another RB. Unfortunately pickings are pretty slim for free agents.

4 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Not going to happen unless he is convicted with jail time.  If they did,  someone else would scoop him up and the Saints would be left with his contract. I fully expect them to either draft or bring in another RB. Unfortunately pickings are pretty slim for free agents.

Have you seen the tape? These are serious felony charges. They aren't getting dropped, he's getting released. And wait till the NFL gets done with him. 

18 hours ago, purplemonster said:

I really don't understand fighting like that. You aren't trying to kill somebody just win a fight. There is no reason to kick a dude who is on the ground, unconscious, whatever. Dangerous and dumb and no honor. 

I agree man.. Im not a huge MMA guy , although I respect the fighters abilities and do watch the highlights. Its the one aspect of MMA that I find ridiculous. Ive seen it so many times. A guy clearly unconscious and before the ref can get there the other guy is just mashing his unconscious head as it bobbles off the matt 

1 hour ago, purplemonster said:

Have they arrested anyone else? Obviously Kamara is the highest-profile person but I would imagine they would be arresting other people unless Kamarq was primarily responsible. Kamara never seemed like a hot head and I've heard he's extremely responsible with his money so this is surprising

I'm sure they have,  but it's probably not considered media worthy. 

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

Have you seen the tape? These are serious felony charges. They aren't getting dropped, he's getting released. And wait till the NFL gets done with him. 

Have you seen the tape? I haven't. I know they are serious, but it's not in the teams' best interest to release him before he's had a trial. The Saints are more concerned right now with getting their coaching staff settled and maybe then they can start making player personnel decisions. 

1 hour ago, whomper said:

I agree man.. Im not a huge MMA guy , although I respect the fighters abilities and do watch the highlights. Its the one aspect of MMA that I find ridiculous. Ive seen it so many times. A guy clearly unconscious and before the ref can get there the other guy is just mashing his unconscious head as it bobbles off the matt 

I saw a Francis Ngannou video recently that was like this. Guy is clearly out and just smashes his face with a hammer fist as the ref is diving to stop him. Like come on man. 

1 hour ago, rajncajn said:

Supposedly this is the story that Kamara is going with. It makes sense,  but still no excuse. 

AC0C2206-2C87-4768-9EEF-112F5C259F64.jpeg.jpg.19fd869809a9b98a2bea0cc8c5f7365f.jpg

No that doesn't make sense at all. Even if he had said worse, he said some things, and tried to enter an elevator in a public place. Kamara got physical, and the guy pushed back. Then he was knocked down attacked, doesn't matter who jumped him, Kamara was beating a defenseless man on the ground after being the aggressor from the beginning. 

Do you really think the Saints should not do something? Or maybe you're just hoping they don't. 

The victim was probably drunk, maybe they all were, or were they headed to the 6:30AM breakfast buffet before going to church? He said some stupid manure, and got a beating for it. I doubt he was like "oh there's Alvin Kamara I'm going to get my ass beaten and get rich". 

I see stories now (yes TMZ is the main source) reporting that the NFL knew that police wanted to question him before the game started, but didn't do anything. Didn't talk to him, ask him not to play (so they wouldn't look bad etc). Report says they were informed he "was a suspect in a felony battery" NFL claims they didn't have all that info, only that LVPD wanted to talk to him, which they did, after the game. Report also says that "cops and NFL agreed to wait until after the game". 

https://www.tmz.com/2022/02/08/nfl-police-allowed-alvin-kamara-play-pro-bowl-before-felony-battery-arrest/

29 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

No that doesn't make sense at all. Even if he had said worse, he said some things, and tried to enter an elevator in a public place. Kamara got physical, and the guy pushed back. Then he was knocked down attacked, doesn't matter who jumped him, Kamara was beating a defenseless man on the ground after being the aggressor from the beginning.

Did I say it was any sort of excuse? Because you're responding to me like I said it was an excuse. I said it makes sense in that it somewhat aligns with what we already know. I even said "this is the story Kamara is going with." I didn't say that I believe it, I didn't say I condone it, I didn't say it was an excuse (in fact I said it was not) all I said was it's plausible.

Do you really think the Saints should not do something? Or maybe you're just hoping they don't. 

I think the Saints should not rush to judgement before more information is known and possibly not until after he's had his hearing, which is apparently what they are doing. I said that I don't think it's in their best interest to do so. I also said they have more important matters to attend to right now, like getting their coaching staff aligned. I also said they will probably bring in a possible replacement through either the draft or free agency. I never said I didn't think they should do anything or hoping they don't.

Seriously, where the **** do you get off saying these things? Either you're reading way too much into my posts, you seriously need to work on your comprehension skills or you're purposefully misconstruing what I wrote into something that it's not in order to make me look bad. 

The victim was probably drunk, maybe they all were, or were they headed to the 6:30AM breakfast buffet before going to church? He said some stupid manure, and got a beating for it. I doubt he was like "oh there's Alvin Kamara I'm going to get my ass beaten and get rich". 

You honestly think this sort of thing does not happen? FYI, apparently the victim is the one who leaked his photo when he posted it on social media bragging about getting a big payday out of it. I have no idea if that was his original intent & it really doesn't matter, but to doubt the possibility is pretty gullible.

I see stories now (yes TMZ is the main source) reporting that the NFL knew that police wanted to question him before the game started, but didn't do anything. Didn't talk to him, ask him not to play (so they wouldn't look bad etc). Report says they were informed he "was a suspect in a felony battery" NFL claims they didn't have all that info, only that LVPD wanted to talk to him, which they did, after the game. Report also says that "cops and NFL agreed to wait until after the game". 

https://www.tmz.com/2022/02/08/nfl-police-allowed-alvin-kamara-play-pro-bowl-before-felony-battery-arrest/

I'm certain the NFL and LVPD agreed to wait until after the game to limit publicity problems for the NFL while the game was going on. I know a lot of people would have a problem with it, but I don't because it wasn't like Kamara was going to skip town or go beat someone else up just before or during the game.

4 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

I'm certain the NFL and LVPD agreed to wait until after the game to limit publicity problems for the NFL while the game was going on. I know a lot of people would have a problem with it, but I don't because it wasn't like Kamara was going to skip town or go beat someone else up just before or during the game.

I feel like you're downplaying the charges here. Assault with Substantial Bodily Harm is very serious, regardless of who you are. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I feel like you're downplaying the charges here. Assault with Substantial Bodily Harm is very serious, regardless of who you are. 

I'm not. I'm just not very confident the charges will result in any sort of jail time and subsequently any really significant NFL suspension and by significant I mean a season or more. I could certainly be wrong and if have no issue with that if the police reports are accurate, which they seem to be.

As for the Saints, I wouldn't expect them to release Kamara unless he were convicted and facing jail time.  It's simply not in their best interest to do so financially or strategically.  If have no issue with them doing so for the same reasons as above, but my feelings really make no difference.

1 minute ago, rajncajn said:

I'm not. I'm just not very confident the charges will result in any sort of jail time and subsequently any really significant NFL suspension and by significant I mean a season or more. I could certainly be wrong and if have no issue with that if the police reports are accurate, which they seem to be.

As for the Saints, I wouldn't expect them to release Kamara unless he were convicted and facing jail time.  It's simply not in their best interest to do so financially or strategically.  If have no issue with them doing so for the same reasons as above, but my feelings really make no difference.

He's getting jail time, even if minimal but that tape doesn't lie. And the Saints have cut people for much less. Wouldn't they be hypocrites to keep Kamara? I don't know how they can keep him at this point. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Did I say it was any sort of excuse? Because you're responding to me like I said it was an excuse. I said it makes sense in that it somewhat aligns with what we already know. I even said "this is the story Kamara is going with." I didn't say that I believe it, I didn't say I condone it, I didn't say it was an excuse (in fact I said it was not) all I said was it's plausible.

You said it makes sense, and I don't think it does. I think it shows that Kamara is just another low life who would attack somebody over words, and beat them unconscious. Your statements try to dance along the fence not condoning his acts while accepting them as "sensible". 

As for LVPD and the NFL waiting, to avoid publicity problems, yes that worked out well. If football fans are talking about this "why did the NFL and cops not arrest him before the game" and wondering how long before the team or NFL punishes him, you can bet the non-sports world is screaming about the National Felons League and how the sport is totally screwed up. Of course that should make you happy, since you have a massive axe to grind with the NFL and Goodell. 

10 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Your moderate ways will not be tolerated here, now pick a side so one of the above gets off your back or stop posting like the rest of us.  You're either with them or against them here. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

As for LVPD and the NFL waiting, to avoid publicity problems, yes that worked out well. If football fans are talking about this "why did the NFL and cops not arrest him before the game" and wondering how long before the team or NFL punishes him, you can bet the non-sports world is screaming about the National Felons League and how the sport is totally screwed up. Of course that should make you happy, since you have a massive axe to grind with the NFL and Goodell

And he was arrested at an NFL event. That's a bad look 

1 minute ago, League_Champion said:

And he was arrested at an NFL event. That's a bad look 

Drai's had an NFL event?  :blink: If you're just referring to this just being during Pro Bowl weekend, I don't think it matters. 

But he's in a world of hurt here, unless he's completely forthright with what happened and takes his lumps.  I bet he's suspended 8 games and gets it cut to 4.

2 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Drai's had an NFL event?  :blink: If you're just referring to this just being during Pro Bowl weekend, I don't think it matters. 

But he's in a world of hurt here, unless he's completely forthright with what happened and takes his lumps.  I bet he's suspended 8 games and gets it cut to 4.

He was arrested at the Pro Bowl. 

3 minutes ago, darin3 said:

It's violent assault, not a drug test. It's not getting cut down. 

37 minutes ago, Def. said:

Your moderate ways will not be tolerated here, now pick a side so one of the above gets off your back or stop posting like the rest of us.  You're either with them or against them here. 

Glad I'm not the only one that sees it that way. I'm a glutton for punishment,  but I'm starting to reach my limits.