[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kamara arrested

Big John

13 hours ago, rajncajn said:

I would imagine this happens in just about any environment. Someone who's been with a company,  has built a relationship with employers and coworkers,  is a star producer that the company relies on heavily... That person is going to get more patience than some low-level scrub intern.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dennis said GTFO. Saints have the worst cap issue this year and Kamara will be messing with legal issues and probably be suspended for a year. They could find a loophole to release or trade him and wont get a cap hit and help make room. Saints could still do well with Ingram and Tony Jones. They could even draft or hit free agency and get a cheaper RB that will get the job done. I love Kamara as a player but he is in some serious manure. So I would rather drop him to help cap if there's a possibility we wont get a cap hit. I don't think Dennis wants to deal with all the manure while trying to get the team back up and running. 

Kamara was electric when he first hit the league, and I don't feel like he ever totally recaptured those first few years. This year was pretty underwhelming, maybe that is partially because teams could focus on him but still. I don't know exactly how indispensable he is anymore

Edited by purplemonster

11 hours ago, purplemonster said:

Kamara was electric when he first hit the league, and I don't feel like he ever totally recaptured those first few years. This year was pretty underwhelming, maybe that is partially because teams could focus on him but still. I don't know exactly how indispensable he is anymore

They played him very differently than past seasons. He used to get 10-15 carries and about 5 catches a game; he would get about 15- 20 touches a game. This season they started pounding him up the middle, quite a few games over 20 carries, with barely any receptions; that's not his strength. In the past, he rarely got 20 carries. 

Edited by Shaft

15 hours ago, gilthorp said:

First year injuries really killed him. He scored 5 TD's in the fantasy playoffs the year before in championship week. He has plenty left in the tank.

He was definitely good in 2020, then injuries, then this year was blah. But the whole Saint offense was blah. so I don't know which is the real Kamara. I think he likely does have plenty left in the tank but not sure how much we are going to see, especially after this shizz going on now. 

Edited by purplemonster

4 hours ago, purplemonster said:

He was definitely good in 2020, then injuries, then this year was blah. But the whole Saint offense was blah. so I don't know which is the real Kamara. I think he likely does have plenty left in the tank but not sure how much we are going to see, especially after this shizz going on now. 

No Drew Brees, no Michael Thomas, no solid TE, no other viable WR1 or 2 and an offensive line that was in shambles with injuries & Covid. You had Trevor Siemian, Taysom Hill & Ian Book as QBs for half the season. Even with all that his average ppg put him neck & neck with Najee Harris at just outside of the top 5. It wasn't 2020 numbers, but still pretty good.

Edited by rajncajn
  • Like 2

I love football..Ill never stop watching football. Every large entertainment organization is going to have bad seeds. I wont stop watching TV because an actor was accused of murder. I wont stop listening to music because a musician was accused of assault. This is life. I hope for proper punishment but realize powerful people get away with manure. Politicians , athletes , actors , musicians . They have to really go over and beyond the top to get banned or arrested etc. If you dont like it , you just dont watch. It doesnt mean I support murder or assault . It means I choose to focus more on the majority of the league than a few aholes. Your weapon is your viewership. Use it as you please

Edited by whomper
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, whomper said:

I love football..Ill never stop watching football. Every large entertainment organization is going to have bad seeds. I wont stop watching TV because an actor was accused of murder. I wont stop listening to music because a musician was accused of assault. This is life. I hope for proper punishment but realize powerful people get away with manure. Politicians , athletes , actors , musicians . They have to really go over and beyond the top to get banned or arrested etc. If you dont like it , you just dont watch. It doesnt mean I support murder or assault . It means I choose to focus more on the majority of the league than a few aholes. Your weapon is your viewership. Use it as you please

In general ,boycotting things is a losing battle.  Some rapper guy I never heard of recently went viral with a photo of him burning his Carhartt hat, due to their vaccine policy, that he posted on Facebook.  Of course Facebook is another company that has a vaccine mandate.   His photo was also taken in front of his Chevy truck.  Chevy also has a mandate and he likely drives his truck on roads maintained by workers who are required to have a vaccine.  Basically this dude came off like a total poser seeking attention. Woke joke. 

While there maybe certain things I'll stay away from supporting, it has to be pretty egregious.  If I enjoy a product or service, I'm generally going to partake in it.  Most of us spend enough time in life doing things we don't necessarily enjoy.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...

I was curious what's been going on with Kamara and his legal issues, appears the hearing was scheduled for a early March and was delayed until late April as the defense team continues to get more information. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33455129/hearing-assault-case-involving-new-orleans-saints-alvin-kamara-postponed-april

Maybe they're hoping to drag it out thru the 2022 NFL season so he doesn't face any punishment this year. 

Edited by stevegrab

• 2 months later...

I'm getting the impression that the NFL offices, combined with the NFLPA are talking with the players involved in these cases, what they can to do reduce punishment, as well as what might be coming. Some of the stories about Watson alluded to that, and these stories about Kamara don't seem to just be wild speculation. 

According to the PFT article (which the linked CBS story references) the big question may be when, since the legal process has yet to play out and there is a hearing scheduled for August. (August 1 actually, and this is the rescheduled hearing from April 25 to give the defense team more time to prepare.)

20 hours ago, stevegrab said:

I'm getting the impression that the NFL offices, combined with the NFLPA are talking with the players involved in these cases, what they can to do reduce punishment, as well as what might be coming.

Of course they are. They are a union,  that's the NFLPA's responsibility to the players. As for the NFL itself,  I'm sure teams are talking to their players as well about what is coming down the pipeline because teams are looking out for their own self interests.

23 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Of course they are. They are a union,  that's the NFLPA's responsibility to the players. As for the NFL itself,  I'm sure teams are talking to their players as well about what is coming down the pipeline because teams are looking out for their own self interests.

Yes that is the union's job, my point was the NFL seem to be involved in these discussions as well, explaining what you need to do in order to lessen the punishment. That doesn't seem common to me, certainly not being done out in the open. 

• 1 month later...

Alvin Kamara was at practice, not in a Las Vegas courtroom, Monday morning for a scheduled hearing dealing with his off-season arrest.

A judge granted attorneys for Kamara and three other defendants a 60-day status check. No action was taken Monday.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
16 hours ago, purplemonster said:

Kamara punched the guy, which I don't know the whole interaction to prompt it. The person who really needs to be responsible is whatever moron was stomping on the guy while he was on the ground. 

Kamara is the most famous, with the most money. We all know how this works.