[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kamara arrested

Big John

2 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

He's all over what? He didn't say anything different than what everyone else is saying. :shrug:

He's pointing out how wrong Kamara is, which I find refreshing. He isn't trying to blame the victim like some have, or saying that its no big deal and Kamara will get off with little punishment (which you've done repeatedly). He even agreed their could be jail time. Which some here don't believe. So yes he is saying different stuff. 

You can just skip by if not interested. 

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

He's pointing out how wrong Kamara is, which I find refreshing. He isn't trying to blame the victim like some have, or saying that its no big deal and Kamara will get off with little punishment (which you've done repeatedly). He even agreed their could be jail time. Which some here don't believe. So yes he is saying different stuff. 

You can just skip by if not interested. 

So you're going with option three. Good to know and good riddance. 

purposefully misconstruing what I wrote into something that it's not in order to make me look bad. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gilthorp said:

Maybe he was just letting off steam from playing for the most penalized team in the history of the Earth.

There are no excuses for what he did and he deserves more than the punishment he'll probably get,  plain and simple. Nothing at all would surprise me,  honestly. 

18 hours ago, darin3 said:

Drai's had an NFL event?  :blink: If you're just referring to this just being during Pro Bowl weekend, I don't think it matters.

"Kamara played in the Pro Bowl on Sunday and was interviewed, then arrested at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas after the game in connection with an incident that occurred early Saturday." 

Imagine being arrested at your job for assault, you'd be fired immediately. How have the Saints not released him already? 

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

Imagine being arrested at your job for assault, you'd be fired immediately. How have the Saints not released him already? 

Maybe because they have a business to run, their own interests to consider and don't rush to decisions like irrational children.

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

"Kamara played in the Pro Bowl on Sunday and was interviewed, then arrested at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas after the game in connection with an incident that occurred early Saturday." 

Him being arrested at the Pro Bowl would be like me being arrested at our conference with our software users. Worse than at my office for sure, since our customers and some vendors are there as well, not just coworkers. But then I doubt he was hauled off in cuffs in front of the other players or fans. 

Remember the Chiefs released Hunt not because he kicked a woman (far less than what Kamara did) but because he lied to them about it. So maybe Kamara's beatdown doesn't cause that threshold. 

I wonder if most Saints fans have the same view as rajn, that there's no reason to release him. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Him being arrested at the Pro Bowl would be like me being arrested at our conference with our software users. Worse than at my office for sure, since our customers and some vendors are there as well, not just coworkers. But then I doubt he was hauled off in cuffs in front of the other players or fans. 

Remember the Chiefs released Hunt not because he kicked a woman (far less than what Kamara did) but because he lied to them about it. So maybe Kamara's beatdown doesn't cause that threshold. 

I wonder if most Saints fans have the same view as rajn, that there's no reason to release him. 

Not a Saints' Fan but it looks bad for Kamara. The legal process should carry through first but if found guilty, he'd be toast regardless. Looks like another punk in the NFL but we shall see. 

1 minute ago, irish said:

Not a Saints' Fan but it looks bad for Kamara. The legal process should carry through first but if found guilty, he'd be toast regardless. Looks like another punk in the NFL but we shall see. 

I see, let the legal process play out, then release him regardless, since he looks like a common street criminal. I guess that isn't a bad plan, but look at Henry Ruggs, granted not as talented as Kamara, and he did far worse (killed somebody while diving drunk though stomping a guy unconscious could easily result in death) he was cut long before any legal process was complete. Was that wrong?  Or just a different and just as OK way to do it. 

The reason I wonder what Saints fans think is because they are the ones that can put pressure on the team. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Him being arrested at the Pro Bowl would be like me being arrested at our conference with our software users. Worse than at my office for sure, since our customers and some vendors are there as well, not just coworkers. But then I doubt he was hauled off in cuffs in front of the other players or fans

This exactly! And this isn't a Deshaun Watson situation where it's allegations, it's all on video. He did this, he beat a Man unconscious. What more do they need to see? 

4 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

What are you talking about? He beat a man unconscious on video? What more do you need to see?? 

Releasing him at this point would be stupid. Release him now and he'll be getting calls from multiple other teams within the hour and then what purpose does that serve? There is an entire offseason to decide what to do with him before he would possibly be put on a field again. The smart thing to do is to let the courts start sorting things out before cutting bait. Find out what his punishments might be & find out what your options for replacing him might be. We don't even know if the Saints have had an opportunity to talk to Kamara to see if even has anything to say for himself or if they've even been allowed to view the evidence. He may very well end up being cut, he could absolutely see jail time as well. But to make a decision to cut him now based on assumptions, with no plan going forward is just stupid. Nevermind the fact that I keep repeating to you, they have much more important decisions to make right now than what to do with Alvin Kamara since they are right in the middle of bringing in a new coaching staff.

41 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I see, let the legal process play out, then release him regardless, since he looks like a common street criminal. I guess that isn't a bad plan, but look at Henry Ruggs, granted not as talented as Kamara, and he did far worse (killed somebody while diving drunk though stomping a guy unconscious could easily result in death) he was cut long before any legal process was complete. Was that wrong?  Or just a different and just as OK way to do it. 

The reason I wonder what Saints fans think is because they are the ones that can put pressure on the team. 

I will never blame an organization for cutting a player that doesn't fit who they are. Personally, I'd cut Kamara even before the legal process played out. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, League_Champion said:

This is simply untrue.

4 hours ago, League_Champion said:

:fishy: 

30 minutes ago, irish said:

I will never blame an organization for cutting a player that doesn't fit who they are. Personally, I'd cut Kamara even before the legal process played out. 

I wouldn't blame them either. That doesn't necessarily make it a smart business decision, nor does it reflect on them as being sympathetic. It's simply being pragmatic.

2 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

This.

If pit didn't release Ben after the rapes, AP beating his kid, tyreek breaking his kid's arm...

This isn't good but it isn't the worst.

Ray rice only got rejected because his skills deteriorated

Right and those cases are just like Kamara's, there's video evidence of Ben raping somebody and everything :rolleyes: 

AP was deactivated and suspended, should have been released, was also almost a decade ago, times continue to change. 

Tyreek, didn't break his son's arm, at least not according to the authorities and medical people who investigated it.

Rice had video, and yes was not near elite status. 

JFC folks, Vick was in prison for 22 months before finally being released from the Falcons.  Outside of Carruth and Hernandez there was probably not a more heinous criminal and he still was on a NFL roster. 

But only 4-5 days here and "OMG! WHY ISN'T HE RELEASED!?!?!?"

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Def. said:

JFC folks, Vick was in prison for 22 months before finally being released from the Falcons.  Outside of Carruth and Hernandez there was probably not a more heinous criminal and he still was on a NFL roster. 

But only 4-5 days here and "OMG! WHY ISN'T HE RELEASED!?!?!?"

:rolleyes:

Once again, he damn near beat a man to death on VIDEO at an NFL Event. He was then ARRESTED at THE PRO BOWL, his job. Very different, you don't need a trial here. What more do you need?