[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kamara arrested

Big John

Maybe that's because there was no hitting allowed during the Pro Bowl?  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, millworkguy said:

Obviously not important enough to arrest him prior to the game though 

Was he identified before the game? I haven't seen that reported. 

Just to add some details, police said (according to tweet BJ posted) they went to the hospital around 6PM Saturday, to interview the victim. Pro Bowl was played at noon the next day. He was questioned and arrested at the stadium after the game, so maybe they knew before but didn't want to cause a scene. 

And some more details in this story 

https://www.nfl.com/news/saints-rb-alvin-kamara-arrested-for-battery-resulting-in-bodily-harm

Does not look good for Kamara, evidence he did what was accused and was not at all self defense. Kamara's claims sound like they are not supported by video evidence. He should realize there is video...

Edited by stevegrab

34 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Got into a fight at 630 am at the after dark club. Not sure what Kamara is doing, I thought that was what having an entourage was for. Sounds like he will be coughing up some dough 

6:30AM?  I missed that tidbit in early reports, since they mentioned late Saturday afternoon call to the hospital I figured the incident happened sometime closer to that. 

Either way, yes the cameras don't lie, but Kamara might be "misremembering". The whole "he was running away after doing something to my buddy so I punched him" bit sounds odd. Somebody running away is not a threat, so why are you attacking them? Did they bleed on your buddy after he hit them.  Even if the guy was a jerk and called them names, used racial slurs, it doesn't justify (legally) assault. 

I presume that is the victim? Not sure if there is more info in that tweet, unless you have an account you cannot see much on Twitter (a recent change). 

Interesting that there is no mention of the other attackers being arrested, sounds like the were identified and known to be involved. 

This looks pretty serious. Far worse than Kareem Hunt. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10488783/New-Orleans-star-Alvin-Kamara-three-beat-man-unconscious-nightclub-Las-Vegas.html

• Kamara and three other men are alleged to have punched victim nine times and stomped on his face, chest and legs around 23 times
  • Victim was left unconscious and he suffered a fractured eye socket in the attack

39 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Interesting that there is no mention of the other attackers being arrested, sounds like the were identified and known to be involved. 

They weren't mentioned because they are unimportant to the media.  The story isn't that some guy got a beat down by some men outside a Vegas elevator. The story is that an NFL star was involved.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

If that's the real story Kamara is in BIG BIG trouble. 

He'll pay his way out of it,  just like they all do.  He'll throw a big chunk of money at the guy and he'll drop all charges.  The NFL will hammer him with a suspension that's catered to public perception then he'll go on playing and fans will no longer care.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, stevegrab said:

I presume that is the victim? Not sure if there is more info in that tweet, unless you have an account you cannot see much on Twitter (a recent change). 

This looks pretty serious. Far worse than Kareem Hunt. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10488783/New-Orleans-star-Alvin-Kamara-three-beat-man-unconscious-nightclub-Las-Vegas.html

• Kamara and three other men are alleged to have punched victim nine times and stomped on his face, chest and legs around 23 times
  • Victim was left unconscious and he suffered a fractured eye socket in the attack

I really don't understand fighting like that. You aren't trying to kill somebody just win a fight. There is no reason to kick a dude who is on the ground, unconscious, whatever. Dangerous and dumb and no honor. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, purplemonster said:

I really don't understand fighting like that. You aren't trying to kill somebody just win a fight. There is no reason to kick a dude who is on the ground, unconscious, whatever. Dangerous and dumb and no honor. 

He won't but he could get attempted murder if deemed excessive. It certainly was not self defense and his life was never in any danger. He also left the scene which is not good. None of this = a good outcome. To make things worse he was arrested at an NFL event which will not sit well with the NFL. It's a bad look. 

13 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

He won't but he could get attempted murder if deemed excessive. It certainly was not self defense and his life was never in any danger. He also left the scene which is not good. None of this = a good outcome. To make things worse he was arrested at an NFL event which will not sit well with the NFL. It's a bad look. 

Nah, it would be way too difficult to prove attempted murder. Had he used a weapon of some sort, maybe. Had they continued to beat him well after, maybe. In all likelihood the whole thing happened in a flurry and then they walked away. There are other crimes that could be charged like leaving the scene etc, but I think murder is a long stretch that no DA would touch unless there's very specific evidence.