[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kyler Murray

League_Champion

I think it's weird too. Warren Sharp posted some of Kyler's stats with the team and didn't make him sound very impressive. I have 2 thoughts:

1. He starts off absolutely red hot every year, then gets hurt, then he sucks. This past season was particularly bad in this regard

2. I am not at all sold on the coach.

The whole thing is odd. I'd be inclined to pay him but something is not right with all this.

• Like 2

To me there is a bigger problem with how he’s handling his want of a contract extension than his play. Yes he has flamed out in the second half of the season the last couple years, and the playoff game was bad, but they have improved every year he’s been there. Maybe next year they win a playoff game. He’s definitely putting the Cardinals in a tough spot. My guess is they come to an agreement on an extension and move on

Well the Cardinals re-upped Kingsbury and the GM, so it would appear they're going with this crew for a while to come.....or until the wheels come off.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33405672/arizona-cardinals-extend-gm-steve-keim-coach-kliff-kingsbury-2027

Philly should take a run at Kyler - see what level of discontent there is in the desert.

my memory may be fading... and i believe the KM could be handling this better, bud didn't KM and the team in general experience a lot of injuries throughout the year (and especially late in the season)?

13 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

my memory may be fading... and i believe the KM could be handling this better, bud didn't KM and the team in general experience a lot of injuries throughout the year (and especially late in the season)?

I think most teams have dealt with injuries to a certain extent. It was bad for everyone this season. 

2 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I think most teams have dealt with injuries to a certain extent. It was bad for everyone this season. 

of course.  I just think the criticism might be a bit extreme given his age and circumstances.  Expectations are starting to get lofty for young qbs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bier Meister said:

of course.  I just think the criticism might be a bit extreme given his age and circumstances.  Expectations are starting to get lofty for young qbs.

Agree, but he was terrible at times, especially in the playoffs. If he's demanding to be paid like a top QB he needs to be better, or shut up. 

• Like 1

Dude was on cruise control the last part of the season and in full-on damage control during the playoffs.  Aside from an emerging Zach Ertz, he really had no one to rely on.  Kirk is best suited as a #2 or even #3.  AJ Green showed some flashes but was meh.  They promised to involve Rondale Moore more but never really did.  

If D-Hop is healthy and they start getting Moore involved Murray will be fine, both NFL-wise and in fantasy.  Hell I'd say he's a buy-low candidate right now in dynasty formats.

9 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Dude was on cruise control the last part of the season and in full-on damage control during the playoffs.  Aside from an emerging Zach Ertz, he really had no one to rely on.  Kirk is best suited as a #2 or even #3.  AJ Green showed some flashes but was meh.  They promised to involve Rondale Moore more but never really did.  

If D-Hop is healthy and they start getting Moore involved Murray will be fine, both NFL-wise and in fantasy.  Hell I'd say he's a buy-low candidate right now in dynasty formats.

In my opinion he didn't run enough. He's 5'10, there's no way he can see down field with 6'4 beasts breathing down his neck. It seems like they wanted him to throw from the pocket more which isn't a good idea for him. 

21 hours ago, League_Champion said:

In my opinion he didn't run enough. He's 5'10, there's no way he can see down field with 6'4 beasts breathing down his neck. It seems like they wanted him to throw from the pocket more which isn't a good idea for him. 

I agree he should run more, which would up his fantasy value.  We'll see what happens.

On 3/2/2022 at 1:38 PM, Bier Meister said:

It's a good point. We used to be surprised to see QB's have a full season by 3rd year. Now they are considered a dud by then. Not saying what is right or not, I really don't know. Just the reality is that we are less patient than in the past 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, purplemonster said:

It's a good point. We used to be surprised to see QB's have a full season by 3rd year. Now they are considered a dud by then. Not saying what is right or not, I really don't know. Just the reality is that we are less patient than in the past 

Fans and media also have a habit of crowning players as elite early in their career. Remember how luck was considered the next Peyton by some, guys like Murray, Lamar, Mahomes considered among the best ever after just a few seasons. 

I heard the other day that Baker Mayfield and the Browns people met during the combine, and there will be no contract extension talks before or during this season. So he's going to have to produce now if he wants to be a long term starter in the league. Hopefully they get him some receivers because it sounds like Landry is probably gone.