[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Agency Tracker

League_Champion

On 5/14/2022 at 11:16 AM, Dcat said:

Why did Edwards suck so bad in Oakland/LV?

He was hardly used in his rookie year, played 32% of offensive snaps, 259 plays and just 15 targets (1 target ever 17 plays). Last year he played in 76% of snaps, 811 plays and 59 targets (1 target per 13.7 plays). Hard to do much when you don't get many chances. 

39 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

He was hardly used in his rookie year, played 32% of offensive snaps, 259 plays and just 15 targets (1 target ever 17 plays). Last year he played in 76% of snaps, 811 plays and 59 targets (1 target per 13.7 plays). Hard to do much when you don't get many chances. 

Raiders fans say he was never thrown to because he couldn’t get open. He was too slow and couldn’t separate. It’s not like the Raiders didn’t have opportunity or a decent QB. 

5 hours ago, stevegrab said:

He had zero separation, couldn't get open. 

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

He had zero separation, couldn't get open. 

Spot on and I had high hopes for Edwards in that offense.  Waller took a lot of the targets, then Renfrow, then it was just obvious that Edwards lacked the athleticism to do much of anything.

16 hours ago, tazinib1 said:

Hey Taz, your buddy Pierce happened to be in our neck of the woods recently. A friend of my wife's snapped a shot of him at one of our local eateries. I was wondering if maybe he was shooting something in the area.

On 5/18/2022 at 6:03 AM, rajncajn said:

Hey Taz, your buddy Pierce happened to be in our neck of the woods recently. A friend of my wife's snapped a shot of him at one of our local eateries. I was wondering if maybe he was shooting something in the area.

lol I have no idea. I imagine he is. He's a pretty busy guy. 

Fuller has missed at least 5 games every one of the past 5 seasons. Over his 6 year career he's averaged about 9 games per season.

Not that interested in him, think Donovan People's Jones and other young WRs on the team will continue to improve. 

Baker Mayfield vacationing in Seahawks' territory...

22 minutes ago, irish said:

Baker Mayfield vacationing in Seahawks' territory...

Don't think any of that is substantiated.  He posted a picture on Twitter of him drinking a beer at an ale house and someone noticed a sticker of a Seattle brewery.  The 'chatter' on the tweet I saw was that it was only a sticker and he wasn't in Seattle.

1 minute ago, Bobby Brown said:

Don't think any of that is substantiated.  He posted a picture on Twitter of him drinking a beer at an ale house and someone noticed a sticker of a Seattle brewery.  The 'chatter' on the tweet I saw was that it was only a sticker and he wasn't in Seattle.

Yup, that was the exact tweet I'm referring to. Guess we'll find out...

10 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Don't be such a debbie downer....Got to love the sports media paparazzi, TMZ style reporting that seems to dominate these days. 

I can give you a real fact, Baker is skipping Browns OTAs, not that it is a surprise to anybody. 

Some other good info on Mayfields potential landing spot, contract situation, who will pay how much of it, etc 

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2022/05/latest-on-browns-baker-mayfield-4

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...

Some articles that cover the Njoku contract in more detail, basically a 2 year $25M contract. He should be used more in the offense, and poor QB play last year really limited his ability. He had a lot of drops early in his career but improved. Hooper is gone who they were also paying. Not as horrible a move as some think.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/05/31/inside-the-david-njoku-deal/

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2022/06/talking-to-myself-about-david-njokus-contract-and-the-browns-terry-pluto.html

• 2 weeks later...