[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Baker Mayfield's good bye to Cleveland message

Wolverines Fan

15 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

What happened to Sam Howell? He was projected to go top five this year a year ago.

He was 2nd on my list after ridder.

He had a mediocre senior year (didn't dominate)

Edited by millworkguy

I think this QB class may be getting a raw deal, actually.  Are any ready to start Day One?  I don't know, but how many rookie QBs came out and were simply awesome?  I bet a few of these QBs will surprise you in a couple of years.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, darin3 said:

I think this QB class may be getting a raw deal, actually.  Are any ready to start Day One?  I don't know, but how many rookie QBs came out and were simply awesome?  I bet a few of these QBs will surprise you in a couple of years.

Agree but Cleveland isn't ready to start over with a rookie QB. They are built to win now. This probably puts them deep in the Jimmy G mix, I'd assume. Maybe Winston if NO gets Watson? 

Edited by League_Champion

15 hours ago, irish said:

My post was complete sarcasm, in was jesting about how going from Baker to Watson isn't better in regard to getting an adult. 

Yes I got your sarcasm, my comments were directed at the PFT article, Florio's take and the idea that somehow Watson is an adult.

I cannot help but feel like Haslman is meddling, and told his front office (once Watson cleared charges) "Go get Watson, screw Baker and what he thinks."   Then after this blows up he wants to get on his private plane and fly to Austin to tell Baker they still love him. Yes Baker knew they were looking at other options, he didn't know they were going to trade a bunch of talented guys for Watson and then be castoff in some other trade. (He figured a QB trade would send him to the other team becoming their starter.) 

I also have this feeling we're going to end up with Jimmy G whose arm is going to be wet noodle come training camp. 

If the other option is Winston if Watson goes to NO, I'm not impressed either. 

Edited by stevegrab

8 hours ago, darin3 said:

Problem is today's NFL spits out rookie QBs who don't dazzle in the first year or two. Who knows if they'd ever develop properly if given time, not forced to start right away etc. 

6 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Agree but Cleveland isn't ready to start over with a rookie QB. They are built to win now. This probably puts them deep in the Jimmy G mix, I'd assume. Maybe Winston if NO gets Watson? 

Agreed - I wasn't necessarily saying CLE should go after and start a rookie. I was really just commenting on this rookie class and how they may be overlooked to a degree.

35 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Like he's good enough to pick where he's going. What an a-hole. 

I think you want him, to want to be there,  come and embrace the city.  I think this is really telling of what the teams think of this years qb class. Indy could put him into the playoffs this year, Seattle has a bunch of talent (and picks to build with) .  Plenty of qb's have been given multiple chances,  but if there is an opportunity to get a starting qb and not spend your 1st, why wouldn't you try and make it happen 

3 minutes ago, millworkguy said:

I think you want him, to want to be there,  come and embrace the city.  I think this is really telling of what the teams think of this years qb class. Indy could put him into the playoffs this year, Seattle has a bunch of talent (and picks to build with) .  Plenty of qb's have been given multiple chances,  but if there is an opportunity to get a starting qb and not spend your 1st, why wouldn't you try and make it happen 

Someone will definitely give him a shot, and he deserves it. He's just not that good, ask Cleveland. 

9 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

I feel like Seattle or Indy is going to get a really good deal. If Denver didn't land a great qb, I'd want them to go after baker

Why though? Baker had his shot with a very good Browns team and he did nothing with it. His stats suck, I don't understand the Baker love? He's an average QB. 

58 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Why though? Baker had his shot with a very good Browns team and he did nothing with it. His stats suck, I don't understand the Baker love? He's an average QB. 

it's almost as if you purposely ignore all of factors that hurt cleveland's offense this year.

• Like 1