[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Baker Mayfield's good bye to Cleveland message

Wolverines Fan

On 3/16/2022 at 10:26 AM, darin3 said:

Right?!  If I were Jarvis Landry I'd want to put aside my ill will towards the franchise and come back to make a run at that division and who knows, maybe contend for the conference too.

The Browns are trying to bring him back.

On 3/18/2022 at 7:41 PM, League_Champion said:

No, I'm looking at his skillset which is very limited. People love him, why? Because he's a ra ra "firery" competitor? He is what he is. Why do you think Cleveland is over him? 

5 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Probably just trolling, but it does expose his NFL ignorance or Baker bias. 

3 hours ago, League_Champion said:

You're still hanging on to you're Baker infatuation? THE GUY CAN'T PLAY STEVEN. How many excuses can you make for him? Even the Browns know he sucks. 

baker either tied or broke the rookie td record playing less than a full season. he had a sophomore slump.  third year, he help his team go 11-5 and win a playoff game...barely lost to KCC.  in that year he reduced his ints from 22 to 8.  we have already beat the dead horse for last year.... his injuries, teammates' injuries, play calling, and covid seriously restrained their offensive production.

If he had gotten off-season surgery last year, we would not be having this discussion. I do not believe that he is elite by any means, but to say that the guy cannot play is having a very selective evaluation process. I think he is middle of the road (maybe a C+/B-) type of qb.

Edited by Bier Meister
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

but to say that the guy cannot play is having a very selective evaluation process. 

Don't know if you've noticed it before,  but this LC guy is cartoon schtick.  Everything is the bestest or the worstest evah.  He's the Wendy Williams of football talk on the huddle forums.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I hope Baker lights it up with whatever team he goes to, if for nothing other than to stick it to the Browns who basically sold their soul for Watson and manure all over Mayfield in the process. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

I hope Baker lights it up with whatever team he goes to, if for nothing other than to stick it to the Browns who basically sold their soul for Watson and manure all over Mayfield in the process. 

Agreed and I wanna see more of those commercials!

11 hours ago, rajncajn said:

I'd like to see him succeed, not sure I need the extra kick in the gut that goes with it. But I'm not happy about this move by the Browns and I'm not the only one. It won't be the end of my fandom with the team, as the team goes beyond one player or one owner or management group. But I have accepted that dysfunction is still a large part of this team, and it starts at the top. 

9 minutes ago, darin3 said:

TBH if he goes to Seattle, I would kinda like his prospects as a fantasy QB.  He'd have Lockett, Metcalf and Fant, a crappy-azz defense and would be playing from behind a lot.  Convince me otherwise.

But that o-line...

1 minute ago, rajncajn said:

But that o-line...

It's not great, but Mayfield does have some semblance of escapability.  Not like Russ, but enough.  Enough to complete 20ish passes a game.  I'm just saying there's some interesting fantasy value if he goes there, given the weapons and fact they'll be down a lot.

Yes Baker is on the 5th year of his rookie contract, almost $19M in salary and cap hit. 

If he and the Panthers won't have interest in a deal that leave the Browns with one partner, who has other options (Lock, Jimmy G) so they may be out of luck. 

Maybe the Seahawks don't want to give up what the Browns want, or take on that salary. Or figure it doesn't work out long term because if he's good enough to be the franchise QB he may want a big contract. 

Baker has already made $33 million in the NFL, another $18M if his contract for this year is honored. Maybe he'll say "screw this don't need to drama and headaches" and walk away. He's probably never going to be seen for his potential after this fiasco. 

Kind of surprised the guy who thinks Baker stinks and isn't a viable NFL starter believes any NFL team should sign him. 

5 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

I'm guessing Seattle thinks they'll release him and are willing to take the chance. After all, who else wants him? 

If Cleveland keeps him, then sea can bring in Dalton to compete with lock

I love how everybody in here ripped me because I said he's not a franchise QB. Doesn't this validate my point? He can't get a job anywhere. 

• Sad 1