[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Late Late Round Sleepers

darin3

QB:  Meh.  Not really liking much but if you think Drew Lock is going to be the starter in SEA, he could be a cheap source of garbage time stats.  Not as your QB1 but if you have a elite QB1, maybe you stash Lock as your bye week fill.  

RB:  Gotta love getting James White this late.  If healthy, he's a solid full PPR backup/bye week filler.  Keontay Ingram is a name I'm watching because I don't think James Conner can stay healthy a full season.  

WR:  I think Robby Anderson has a fair chance at being a WR3, so to get him that point would be nice.  Sterling Shepard this late would be solid in a full PPR league.  A.J. Green could prove useful for the first six weeks of the season.  

TE:  Plenty of options here, IMO.  Austin Hooper is a nice fantasy TE this season I think.  C.J. Uzomah has some upside.  Adam Trautman's name has been put out there as a breakout candidate.  Maybe Mo Allie-Cox as a deep find with no other TEs really of note in Indy.

• Like 1

Keontay Ingram is a name I'm watching because I don't think James Conner can stay healthy a full season.  

I was high on him, but then they brought in Darrel Williams. And now they are talking up Eno Benjamin. There are yards and touches to share there for sure.

WR Alec Pierce, RB James Robinson, Mark Ingram, and Jalen Tolbert  have made it on my teams so far.

17 minutes ago, DMD said:

I was high on him, but then they brought in Darrel Williams. And now they are talking up Eno Benjamin. There are yards and touches to share there for sure.

WR Alec Pierce, RB James Robinson, Mark Ingram, and Jalen Tolbert  have made it on my teams so far.

I liked Eno Benjamin, this time last year and Conner ended up staying on the field.  Last year, though, they had Chase Edmonds.  No Edmonds anymore and Conner a year older.  Whoever comes out of camp - Benjamin or Ingram - as the #2 could have some value. For some reason I don't like Williams.  If both Benjamin and Ingram impress in camp, Williams could not even make the roster.

I also like Pierce.  They are talking him up big time.

I like 2 rookies. WR Alec Pierce(Ind), WR78. Sure the offense runs through Taylor and Pittman looks like the teamsWR1, so I think Pierce has a good chance to slide into the #2 spot.

The other rookie, Jalen Tolbert(Dal), WR81. Gallup still rehabbing and Lamb will draw all.the attention I think Tolbert could put up.deceny numbers early, at least until Gallup's up to speed.

• Like 1

I've got an unhealthy amount of Matt Breida on my best ball teams, but getting him in the 19th/20th rounds as a dart throw is worth it. I have Keontay on a few teams, but cooling on him with the latest talk being about Eno as the primary backup plus a few of the other guys they have.

As for WR, you guys have mentioned most of the top ones that I like (Tolbert). David Bell is intriguing in CLE as a late round guy. 

I was grabbing Robbie Anderson earlier in May, but him coning out and saying he is contemplating retiring has knocked him down even more and I think there are better dart throws that are not threatening retirement.

Can't believe I'm going to agree with LC, but hooper would be high on my list, for best ball I'd likely grab haskins (ten rb) and I always grab a 3rd qb - Jimmy g, ridder , and there is 146 targets up for grabs in Baltimore,  so grab me a share of devin duvernay.

But I think this is the year I pass on James white 

1 hour ago, Big Country said:

User name check out

EXPERT NOTE

I'm disappointed to report that I acquired zero of Titans wide receiver, Kyle Philips, in my rookie drafts. First, he was taken one spot before me by FantasyPros' own Pat Fitzmaurice after I waxed poetic about him on Pat's Fitz on Fantasy podcast. Then he got swept up right before my pick in another dynasty rookie draft.I believe he has some sneaky Hunter Renfrow-like slot skill that most will overlook, but NFL teams like the Titans will love.Philips commanded a 30 percent target share in 2021 at UCLA and could potentially become a top underneath option for Ryan Tannehill in Tennessee.

Andrew Erickson - FantasyPros - 4 weeks ago

Fantasy Impact:

After the Titans traded A.J. Brown on Thursday and released Julio Jones early this offseason, Philips could earn targets early in his rookie season. He is a late-round target in rookie drafts, especially in PPR scoring.

Plus this from Steve Smith 

https://titanswire.usatoday.com/2022/05/03/tennessee-titans-kyle-philips-endorsement-steve-smith/ 

1 hour ago, MustOfBeenDrunk said:

Fantasy Impact:

After the Titans traded A.J. Brown on Thursday and released Julio Jones early this offseason, Philips could earn targets early in his rookie season. He is a late-round target in rookie drafts, especially in PPR scoring

And Treylon Burks hasn't exactly dazzled at camp either. I think they'll end up regretting that pick. 

• Like 1

On 6/24/2022 at 6:50 PM, League_Champion said:

And Treylon Burks hasn't exactly dazzled at camp either. I think they'll end up regretting that pick. 

I'm sure they already do.  I would target Philips at his ADP before Burks as I don't think he'll measure up.  Also, TN is not good about the long ball and I suspect Burks' YAC will be low.  Medically, the dude probably has severe allergies exacerbating his asthma.  I hope team docs are smart enough to have him tested and treated.  If that is the case, year 2 or 3 could be a lot better.

On 6/24/2022 at 4:50 PM, League_Champion said:

I drafted him @ 4.09 in a 4 round rookie only draft (Dynasty league) where I can put him on my taxi squad for up to two years before I must activate or drop 

4 hours ago, millworkguy said:

I assume you mean 1.09

No I mean 4.09 in many other drafts he was not taken at all, show me just one other draft he was picked it 

4.09 45 Must of been Drunk Philips, Kyle TEN WR (R) Mon Jun 6 10:46:28 a.m. PT 2022

4 minutes ago, MustOfBeenDrunk said:

No I mean 4.09 in many other drafts he was not taken at all, show me just one other draft he was picked it 

4.09 45 Must of been Drunk Philips, Kyle TEN WR (R) Mon Jun 6 10:46:28 a.m. PT 2022

Well I actually did find he was drafted in other rookie only  leagues but his ADP was 56 and in a 12 team 4 round draft we only have 48 total picks 

16 hours ago, MustOfBeenDrunk said:

haha oh okay the start of this was me giving out Phillips as a late round sleeper when I misread the subject line ( Redrafts) 

I think the real problem was you quoting somebody talking about Burks and saying "I drafted him at 4.09"

People rightly assume him = person named in the quoted post, we're not in your head and know that you meant Phillips who you mentioned earlier

• 3 weeks later...

Couple of other.guys that.might be worth a dart throw late in drafts are:

QB- MITCHELL TRUBISKY- yeah I get it, people down on him for not producing for being a high first round pick but he has way better weapons than he had in CHICAGO AND  a way better coaching staff in Pittsburgh. He should a least be a serviceable QB2/Bye week filler and.it's possible he keeps Picketton the bench. He has talent.so let's see if he's learned anything.

RB- ZAMIR WHITE- Raiders didn't pick up the 5th year option on Jacobs and if he misses any time this kid has the talent to seize the lead back job. He could be a 3 down player and I don't see a whole lot of other backs on the Raiders that could keep him off the field.

TE-  CADE OTTON- Gronks retired and if this rookie has a decent camp he could get good playing time as not any real world beaters on the Bucs TE group.