[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Late Late Round Sleepers

darin3

On 7/16/2022 at 10:10 AM, Docniner said:

Couple of other.guys that.might be worth a dart throw late in drafts are:

QB- MITCHELL TRUBISKY- yeah I get it, people down on him for not producing for being a high first round pick but he has way better weapons than he had in CHICAGO AND  a way better coaching staff in Pittsburgh. He should a least be a serviceable QB2/Bye week filler and.it's possible he keeps Picketton the bench. He has talent.so let's see if he's learned anything.

SS1.JPG.53697cbb9dd31f4df9da99b80f07e750.JPG

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/23/2022 at 6:59 PM, millworkguy said:

Can't believe I'm going to agree with LC, but hooper would be high on my list, for best ball I'd likely grab haskins (ten rb) and I always grab a 3rd qb - Jimmy g, ridder , and there is 146 targets up for grabs in Baltimore,  so grab me a share of devin duvernay.

But I think this is the year I pass on James white 

Good info here

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Having James White out does help a little. Not that BB is reliable when it comes to RB's but having only Damien Harris and Rhamondre Stevenson now does help. I don't think Ty Montgomery or whoever else is going to vulture too much but James White certainly could have 

I'd look to Pierre Strong to take the "PPR back" for the Pats.  Moving him WAY up on my rookie board.

35 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Having James White out does help a little. Not that BB is reliable when it comes to RB's but having only Damien Harris and Rhamondre Stevenson now does help. I don't think Ty Montgomery or whoever else is going to vulture too much but James White certainly could have 

4 minutes ago, darin3 said:

I'd look to Pierre Strong to take the "PPR back" for the Pats.  Moving him WAY up on my rookie board.

Over the last two days I've seen various "reports" that Pats are open to dealing Harris and are please with what Strong has been doing.

Fortunately I had been targeting Stevenson in a lot of best ball drafts but over the last 7-10 days he has been creeping up in ADP to the point where he is now ahead of Harris (had been about 18 picks behind him just 3-4 weeks ago)

Just now, Big Country said:

Over the last two days I've seen various "reports" that Pats are open to dealing Harris and are please with what Strong has been doing

I hate to say it but they really need to tear it down to the ground. They have nothing on that team and the coordinators suck. 

https://www.rotoballer.com/player-news/pats-reportedly-taking-calls-for-damien-harris/1051643

Ameer Abdullah, early word is he could be taking over the James White role in Vegas and pushing Drake down the ladder. 

Edited by irish

I know he's 185 on the list and without a great QB option, but George Pickens, if he doesn't get himself in trouble and suspended. 

On 8/14/2022 at 9:40 AM, irish said:

I know he's 185 on the list and without a great QB option, but George Pickens, if he doesn't get himself in trouble and suspended. 

He's climbing and I need to either keep him on TS or give him a fat contract. I don't have a good enough team where it really matters. Can I get a smidge of Chase or Jefferson this year is the question.

2 hours ago, gilthorp said:

He's climbing and I need to either keep him on TS or give him a fat contract. I don't have a good enough team where it really matters. Can I get a smidge of Chase or Jefferson this year is the question.

He's a TS guy to me based on your description of your team. He still has Diontae and Claypool there, and a very questionable QB situation. Claypool is signed through 2023, but he may be a guy they deal so they don't have to give him a big raise, especially if Pickens is ready to take over next season. This season, I think Pickens will show inconsistent flashes but not be someone you can count on weekly. Based on that profile though, I am happy to get him in some best ball leagues where his ADP is in the mid-13th round. Well worth the flyer at that point.

The biggest challenge with Pickens isn’t his situation. If it was that simple, he’d be highly sought after. His biggest red flags are injury and personality. He’s pretty much a Josh Gordon type. When you buy a WR you’re expecting 5-7 good years out of them. I can’t predict that with Pickens. And the fact that he may have to wait to become productive is concerning. Ideally he’d show up day one…show he is an elite dynasty asset…then you trade him. But I’m not sure that’s going to happen this year. 

• 2 months later...