[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Apologies for the Board - change theme at the bottom of page to default to read threads

DMD

After 19 years (?), the weight of a million posts, the need to completely uproot and head to a newer system and server and a lack of communication led to the crash. The company that runs the board software are at work trying to recover and get back to functionality.

39 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Thanks....and if people have trouble reading stuff change your theme (scroll to bottom of screen [at least on a PC]) and select Default

image.png.0383bf45ab424329555b89aaacefce18.png

It's the same on mobile as well. Change the theme from The Huddle (Default) to just Default. 

• Like 1

FYI  before I changed my theme I could not read this thread, but the one in forum help about posting errors could be read. I just changed my theme back to Huddle (Default) and don't see any errors. So maybe that was an issue they were resolving, or it doesn't matter that theme only that you change it. 

While we're discussing board issues, the links for the forum areas at the top of the page are not working properly,

image.png.0865c74bba7bc18d418a39584ffce525.png

I tried to go back to the main forum by clicking Fantasy Football and notice it took me to the Staff page. When I look more closely I see that when I hover over fantasy football it is selecting the staff link, if I move down a bit (below the text I want) it uses the proper link.   (Using a Windows 10 PC, Chrome browser)

Edited by stevegrab

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:
56 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

It's the same on mobile as well. Change the theme from The Huddle (Default) to just Default. 

Thanks....and if people have trouble reading stuff change your theme (scroll to bottom of screen [at least on a PC]) and select Default

image.png.0383bf45ab424329555b89aaacefce18.png

The problem is a lot of people can't see these instructions because they can't read the threads. I had to go to Steve's profile page and see his posts to figure out how to do this.  

For me, this thread was unreadable in Chrome, but I could read it in Edge.  I saw the instructions in Edge, and then switched my theme in my Chrome browser and I'm able to read the thread there now too.  But it was working fine in Edge without having to flip the theme.

35 minutes ago, Mike C said:

For me, this thread was unreadable in Chrome, but I could read it in Edge.  I saw the instructions in Edge, and then switched my theme in my Chrome browser and I'm able to read the thread there now too.  But it was working fine in Edge without having to flip the theme.

I just had to do the same thing. Thankfully I am super smart 😜  and thought to try a different browser.

Edited by Big Country

2 hours ago, DMD said:

After 19 years (?), the weight of a million posts, the need to completely uproot and head to a newer system and server and a lack of communication led to the crash. The company that runs the board software are at work trying to recover and get back to functionality.

The board company has a bit more free time now after they "fired" one of their other major fantasy football message board clients.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

While we're discussing board issues, the links for the forum areas at the top of the page are not working properly,

image.png.0865c74bba7bc18d418a39584ffce525.png

I tried to go back to the main forum by clicking Fantasy Football and notice it took me to the Staff page. When I look more closely I see that when I hover over fantasy football it is selecting the staff link, if I move down a bit (below the text I want) it uses the proper link.   (Using a Windows 10 PC, Chrome browser)

Oh, there's more than that which doesn't work.  They are working on a solution.

4 hours ago, Shaft said:

The problem is a lot of people can't see these instructions because they can't read the threads. I had to go to Steve's profile page and see his posts to figure out how to do this.  

The real problem is that we have to figure it out ourselves and inform each other about it. I was only able to see some info in another thread in the help forum. I know its free so we shouldn't complain much.  But there seems to be little effort by anybody involved with the huddle to assist us. I know some use the forums to run various leagues, so that could be a problem for them with drafts coming up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

The real problem is that we have to figure it out ourselves and inform each other about it. I was only able to see some info in another thread in the help forum. I know its free so we shouldn't complain much.  But there seems to be little effort by anybody involved with the huddle to assist us. I know some use the forums to run various leagues, so that could be a problem for them with drafts coming up. 

This was an issue created by the company that runs the board for the last 18 years. We've been in constant contact with them to get this corrected. There is a tremendous effort to resolve the problem. I am happy that a work-around was found, but our efforts have been solely tied to correcting the issue so that it runs the way it is supposed to run as it has. After being a paying customer for nearly two decades, we are on this and not happy. But it is a mistake to somehow assume that we're doing nothing to to assist you.

45 minutes ago, immikesvikes said:

I can't log in. I tried registering but my name is already in use. By myself?

MikesVikes

Should be the exact same as before. It's the same as it was for names and passwords.

• DMD changed the title to Apologies for the Board - change theme at the bottom of page to default to read threads
1 hour ago, DMD said:

This was an issue created by the company that runs the board for the last 18 years. We've been in constant contact with them to get this corrected. There is a tremendous effort to resolve the problem. I am happy that a work-around was found, but our efforts have been solely tied to correcting the issue so that it runs the way it is supposed to run as it has. After being a paying customer for nearly two decades, we are on this and not happy. But it is a mistake to somehow assume that we're doing nothing to to assist you.

In short you know of a work around, are you trying to share it with the many people using this forum? That's what I'd be doing, while working on the real full fix. Sorry if I assumed nothing is being done, but until this big problem is solved you have people basically locked out of the forum. 

longer view below

I appreciate that you are working on a complete fix, but everybody using the forum is left to figure out any work around on their own. you're now aware of one, is there something being done to inform forum users of this? I got one PM already from somebody asking for my help, which I gladly did. Rajn found the initial fix, but I didn't know where "Themes" were configured, and luckily I found it, then provided some info to help others. Of course they may not be able to see it thru normal form use. 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I appreciate that you are working on a complete fix, but everybody using the forum is left to figure out any work around on their own. you're now aware of one, is there something being done to inform forum users of this? I got one PM already from somebody asking for my help, which I gladly did. Rajn found the initial fix, but I didn't know where "Themes" were configured, and luckily I found it, then provided some info to help others. Of course they may not be able to see it thru normal form use. 

I changed the title and pinned it.

• DMD pinned this topic
  • DMD unpinned this topic