[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Antonio Gibson 2022----Has he fallen from grace?

Shaft

I don't know yet, Gibson had 300 touches last year, 1331 yards, 4.0 ypc, and 10 total tds.  Will he match that again?  Probably not. Is he lowest man on the todem pole?  Probably not. Could Patterson, who's done it before, beat him out for the last RB spot?  Maybe. Could rookie RB, Brian Robinson steal the main bellcow job (1st and 2nd downs and GL)?  Absolutely. Then leaving McKissic as the CoP/3rd down guy. I still think Gibson plays a role, slightly edges Robinson for early down touches over the season, therefore, getting slightly more carries, yards, pretty even for tds and more looks than Robinson in the passing game but less than McKissic. 

Top 30-35 RB with the greatest upside finishing in the mid-upper 20s.  I wouldn't write him off, but he'd sorta have to come off the manager's special shelf or clearance rack. But I certainly have a very close eye on Robinson. 

• Like 1

The Gibson owner in our 12 team 5 man keeper league put him on the trade block. He's also got Joe Mixon and Najee Harris so he's pretty solid at RB already (we can only start 2, so keeping 3 is rare). I considered making an offer but after looking at some info including rankings I don't see him as a significant upgrade over my 2 RBs (Akers & Jacobs). 

20 hours ago, gijoerock said:

Gibson dropped significantly in mock drafts. He could be a steal.

Possible but on his current trend his touches seen to be decreasing. Robinson is quickly becoming a favorite of Ron Rivera. Gibson was actually a WR in college and became the 'Redskins'(old school) starting back. My guy WR Deebo Samuel can run the ball.at times but he certainly couldn't pound the rock 20 times a game. RRB's have an inate(spelling) ability for carry I ng the ball which is something Gibson probably had to learn once in the NFL. Not saying he can't be a steal but if Robinson continues on his current trend Gibson will see the balm less and less. I don,'t think he's anything more than a low end RB3 and could drop even farther by week 1.  Maybe Gibson gets the start week 1 but once Robinson comes in he'll be riding pine. My Grandson's an avid Commandersfan.and has.been at training camp and following Gibson and Robinson and tells me that Robinson's involvement with the 1's increases almost daily. I would draft Robinson before Gibson and I could be wrong but outside of Tery McLaurin I'm not bigg on drafting.any Commanders.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2022 at 9:41 AM, stevegrab said:

The Gibson owner in our 12 team 5 man keeper league put him on the trade block. He's also got Joe Mixon and Najee Harris

I'd be very very pleased with Mixon/Harris as my rb's.

On 8/18/2022 at 9:41 AM, stevegrab said:

(we can only start 2, so keeping 3 is rare). 

?   Start 2 with one backup on the bench seems very... normal.  In fact i usually have a handcuff and a backup/bye week rb  on my bench.  I'd think with 2 RB's starting that having at least ONE on the bench would be essential.  

What am I missing.  Learn me up!

Edited by FinishTheDrill

2 hours ago, FinishTheDrill said:

I'd be very very pleased with Mixon/Harris as my rb's.

?   Start 2 with one backup on the bench seems very... normal.  In fact i usually have a handcuff and a backup/bye week rb  on my bench.  I'd think with 2 RB's starting that having at least ONE on the bench would be essential.  

What am I missing.  Learn me up!

Short answer, I meant 3 of your 5 keepers being RBs is rare, because you can only start 2. 

Maybe that is enough explanation. Usually you can look at most rosters and pick the the likely keepers pretty easily, often QB-RB-RB-WR-WR, sometimes a top TE, or no QB and a 3rd WR or even RB. 

Not sure if this would be different in a redraft, how many picks do you make of bench players before your have most of your core starters. Kicker and defense usually come later, and I may have some depth at RB/WR or even QB before my TE. But I don't like having that 3rd RB when I don't have a QB or 3 WR yet. 

My point as it relates to Gibson was just that this owner has 2 very high level RBs to protect, so it makes sense that somebody like Gibson of lower and questionable value would not be a keeper and instead offered or trade. One owner has put Javonte Williams and JK DObbins on the trade block, he's got Taylor and Swift as likely keepers. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, League_Champion said:

There's no flex spot? I have 3 RB keepers in several leagues 

Nope no flex spot, we had one long ago but got rid of it, forget why. 

If we had a flex I'd probably be keeping Kareem Hunt over Amari Cooper (others are J Jacobs, C Akers, D Adams, M Pittman). 

35 minutes ago, FinishTheDrill said:

Its certainly less flexible.  😂

Which is fitting for our league. Any rule change is met with suspicion that the owner(s) proposing it have some way to game the system and get an advantage from the rule change. People hated ties, and we proposed fractional scoring (e.g. 0.1 pt/yd instead of 1 pt for 10 yds) to address that and there was all sorts of "well what if". 

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Which is fitting for our league. Any rule change is met with suspicion that the owner(s) proposing it have some way to game the system and get an advantage from the rule change. People hated ties, and we proposed fractional scoring (e.g. 0.1 pt/yd instead of 1 pt for 10 yds) to address that and there was all sorts of "well what if". 

I think that any league over 10 teams should always be a Superflex league, otherwise it's just another boring league. 

• Sad 1