[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Notable Roster Cuts & Subsequent Signings

darin3

Tomorrow is cutdown day.  Post any notable cuts here, and then subsequent signings since teams will definitely poach from other teams.

Not really notable but Brett Kern (punter) got released by Tennessee.  He'll probably end up going north to Buffalo.

Got some cuts already today (and some of these may be from a few days ago or more)...

Not huge news but Atlanta cut Auden Tate and Geronimo Allison, both WRs.  Probably good news for Drake London and if you're looking for a deeper sleeper, Bryan Edwards (although he was hot garbage with Raiders last year).

Tavon Austin experiment over in BUF.  Signals that they really like Khalil Shakir, if anything.

Liram Hallelujah or whatever got cut by Dallas, making Brett Maher the #1 PK for them.  Could be productive with that offense.

Joe Schobert didn't last long in Denver.  Once a highly-productive IDP.  Signals good things for Josey Jewell and Alex Singleton.  They also cut ties with Travis Fulgham, who was a fantasy darling with the Iggles for a spell.  Fulgham got scooped up by the Packers (could be interesting if the rookies suck?).

Laquon Treadwell, gosh what a bust, was booted by the Jags.  He'll find another home but man it looks like this guy really stinks.

Derrick Gore cut by KCC, making things just slightly clearer for that RB situation... still murky, though.

Kenyan Drake cut by Vegas.  Zamir White looks good and Ameer Abdullah may be the COP back, though. DeMarcus Robinson cut, too, and ended up on the Ravens and excelled this weekend.  Could actually be a decent #2 WR for the Ravens.

Kicker Eddy Piniero cut by Jets.  Kicker carousel continues.

Jaquiski Tartt cut by Eagles, was once thought to be a starting safety for them.  Looks like Anthony Harris and Marcus Epps will start.  Both could produce.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nobody really notable for the Saints just yet. Abram Smith was cut & could be a nice addition for a team that runs a zone-scheme. Kevin White, remember him? He was given an injury settlement and he's probably done in the NFL. There's speculation Trequan Smith could be traded. What was a thin group last year has turned into a strength this year and I believe the Saints are going to try to squeeze Kirk Merritt on the roster due standing out this preseason.

Just now, rajncajn said:

Nobody really notable for the Saints just yet. Abram Smith was cut & could be a nice addition for a team that runs a zone-scheme. Kevin White, remember him? He was given an injury settlement and he's probably done in the NFL. There's speculation Trequan Smith could be traded. What was a thin group last year has turned into a strength this year and I believe the Saints are going to try to squeeze Kirk Merritt on the roster due standing out this preseason.

Huh.  At the start of camp I thought that they really liked Smith.  I guess they really like Tony Jones instead.

And I thought I had saw a few clips of White doing good things at Saints camp.  Guess they were too few and far between.

22 minutes ago, Big John said:

WR Shenault traded from JAX to CAR.

Wonder if Robbie Anderson is retiring.  I heard Rashad Higgins was already going to cut into his snaps/targets.

Kirk and Jones should be firmly entrenched as Jags' #1 and 1b.

Only notable cut so far in CLE is TE Miller Forristall, many expected him to make the team as the 3rd TE behind Njoku and Harrison Bryant. Doubt they have just 2 TEs in an offense that likes to use them, especially without the deep pass of Watson. 

Couple others WR Ja'Marcus Bradley (could return on practice squad) and OL Blake Hance (started much of 2021)

1 hour ago, CrazyCajun said:

CGJ traded to the Eagles. I dont know what for yet. Hopefully a lineman. The Saints need help at LT now the Penning is out for the season. 

That's safety Chauncey Gardner-Johnson for those who don't know every 3 character player tag ;) 

The Browns are expected to release backup QB Josh Rosen (Dobbs will be the backup) as well as RB John Kelly and FB Johnny Stanton. The linked article below is being updated regularly with cuts and even some guys that made the cut, like WR Michael Woods II

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/lists/cleveland-browns-roster-cuts-2022-53-man-roster/

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CrazyCajun said:

CGJ traded to the Eagles. I dont know what for yet. Hopefully a lineman. The Saints need help at LT now the Penning is out for the season. 

The Eagles gave up dog pooopy

Full trade terms:

🏈Eagles receive safety Chauncey Gardner-Johnson and Saints’ 7th-round pick in 2025.

🏈Saints receive the Eagles’ 5th-round pick in 2023 and the worse of their two 6th-round picks in 2024.

30 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

The Eagles gave up dog pooopy

Full trade terms:

🏈Eagles receive safety Chauncey Gardner-Johnson and Saints’ 7th-round pick in 2025.

🏈Saints receive the Eagles’ 5th-round pick in 2023 and the worse of their two 6th-round picks in 2024.

"I got a rock"

HUGE loss for the Saints and great pick-up for the Eagles. Saints just couldn't pay the guy what he's asking. They were apparently about 4 million apart and the Saints have other players they need to sign as well. So, rather than letting him go after the season, likely to a division rival, they traded him to Philly for a bag of dirt. Gonna miss that one. He was fun to watch. Philly will enjoy the hell out of him pissing off the Cowboys.

8 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

"I got a rock"

HUGE loss for the Saints and great pick-up for the Eagles. Saints just couldn't pay the guy what he's asking. They were apparently about 4 million apart and the Saints have other players they need to sign as well. So, rather than letting him go after the season, likely to a division rival, they traded him to Philly for a bag of dirt. Gonna miss that one. He was fun to watch. Philly will enjoy the hell out of him pissing off the Cowboys.

That was a huge area of need for the Eagles. They took a beating for not addressing it in the draft