[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

week 7: Rypien will start for Denver

Dcat

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

They were a good start before, even better now. 

I've chased defenses in the past when the starting QB was ruled out, etc. Lots of times it didn't work as planned, just sayin 🤔

that being said, I was about to pick up Jets DST and saw somebody beat me to it by 15mins lol. I have Miami and will roll with them

53 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

That was the first time I had seen the Dangeruss sub commercial from Subway, and hopefully the last 

He started to get cringey about the time he hooked up with Sierra; but man it has gotten a lot worse recently.  

Not only did he leave a coach who hid his inefficiencies, he apparently left a PR person who was doing the same.  

15 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

He started to get cringey about the time he hooked up with Sierra; but man it has gotten a lot worse recently.  

Not only did he leave a coach who hid his inefficiencies, he apparently left a PR person who was doing the same.  

That's a good way to explain it. He seemed like a rockstar early on, just in general. Then started getting seemingly cringier and odd, maybe that was more exposure. But his teammates comments you can read through the lines that they find him difficult in not a great way. Richard Sherman or Beast Mode recently mentioned they can't talk to him directly, they need to go through his manager or something. Not a great way of dealing with friends.  

Edited by purplemonster

13 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

That's a good way to explain it. He seemed like a rockstar early on, just in general. Then started getting seemingly cringier and odd, maybe that was more exposure. But his teammates comments you can read through the lines that they find him difficult in not a great way. Richard Sherman or Beast Mode recently mentioned they can't talk to him directly, they need to go through his manager or something. Not a great way of dealing with friends.  

I don't think he was ever friends with Sherman. They had a number of run ins as teammates.  The Hawks broncos MNF game marked a return of several ex Seahawks making their first return to the sideline.  Not a coincidence.

A local Hawks media guy claims that Wilson's demands and entourage stuff during his Hawk tenure were ridiculous and most people don't realize how much of a polarizing diva Wilson was.

39 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

If thats the case there's zero percent chance of this getting fixed.  You need the locker room or you need them to need you as a function of possessing massive talent.  

The Denver experience wont heal.   

5 hours ago, FinishTheDrill said:

If thats the case there's zero percent chance of this getting fixed.  You need the locker room or you need them to need you as a function of possessing massive talent.  

The Denver experience wont heal.   

This will probably go down as the worst trade in NFL history. Denver is F'd for years to come. I bet Seattle is glad that they maximized his value when they did 😊

Meh.  I'll root for Wilson's downfall to Seattle's future pick benefit, but there is more to it than his skillset falling off a cliff.  He played considerably better than this end of last year with a busted finger on his throwing hand.  Denver coaching staff has been absolutely horrendous at employing schemes that play off his strengths.

Don't get me wrong, it's clear Wilson's magic is well past its prime and Denver probably got taken to the cleaners;  but he shouldn't be 'this' bad.

Hershel

16 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

This will probably go down as the worst trade in NFL history. Denver is F'd for years to come. I bet Seattle is glad that they maximized his value when they did 😊

Hershal Walker or John Hadl trades?

• Thanks 1

Two firsts, two seconds, a few players, and right now Geno is the superior QB. I'd say the Seahawks won that trade. Even more ironic that most people thought the Seahawks lost that trade initially. There can be a renaissance maybe for Russ but either way the Seahawks made out handsomely it appears. The Herschel Walker trade, the Cowboys got 3 firsts, 3 seconds essentially and multiple players. However, Russ has 165 million guaranteed when he signed a new contract with the Broncos 

On 10/22/2022 at 11:12 PM, purplemonster said:

Two firsts, two seconds, a few players, and right now Geno is the superior QB. I'd say the Seahawks won that trade. Even more ironic that most people thought the Seahawks lost that trade initially. There can be a renaissance maybe for Russ but either way the Seahawks made out handsomely it appears. The Herschel Walker trade, the Cowboys got 3 firsts, 3 seconds essentially and multiple players. However, Russ has 165 million guaranteed when he signed a new contract with the Broncos 

This couldn’t have worked out better for Seattle. Their is a chance Seattle makes the playoffs and will have the #1 pick in next years drat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, T.C. said:

Seriously imagine how happy the Seahawks are. They get top picks and lose their washed QB. And I can't be the only one that doesn't feel bad for wilson either. The guy thought the team revolved around him.

The Seahawks pulled off one of the all time greatest heists. They got that scrub off the books, got a shizz ton of draft picks and are sitting pretty in first place. As for Denver, good luck they're screwed for years to come. 

• Big John changed the title to week 7: Rypien will start for Denver