[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TY Hilton To The Cowboys

League_Champion

A star player for a team does not need to be a perennial all pro, or have some elite status among fans of other teams. 

4 straight Pro Bowls 600+ receptions almost 10,000 yards over 10+ seasons with a team. (Yes I know some people think those don't matter anymore, which is silly considering its still a small number of players. It isn't All-Pro but still an honor that a small number get).

Seriously some of you just like to crap all over everything if it doesn't fit your views. The author of the tweet used a few simple words, "long time star Colts WR", I doubt many Colts fans would disagree with that. 

7 hours ago, Shaft said:

Fantasy degenerates remember all relevant players. :lol:

I remember when Andre Rison went for 1200 plus and 15 TDs in 1993. 

I also remember when Drew Bennet went went for 1200 plus total yards and 11 TDs in 2004.  

TY Hilton played 10 seasons and 6 of those were pretty f'n awesome.  Stats likely say he's outplayed 99% of WRs that have ever put on an NFL uniform.  

He's probably the 3rd best WR the Colts have had in history, albeit far behind Harrison and Wayne; but he also didn't have Manning changing the landscape of passing the ball in the NFL. Not that catching passes from Luck was a huge disadvantage. 

Hilton was far better than mediocre in his prime and more than a flash; which has been insinuated.  Steve is grumpy, but I get what he's saying. Just not sure why it matters at this point or why it's so personal or how much this helps the Boyz.  :lol:

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

But do you remember the 1,000 yard 12 TD performance by Patrick Jeffers in 1999? That was a winner during fantasy playoffs. 

More so if you played a week 17 super bowl. (With CAR and GB running up the score for a potential playoff tiebreaker)

1 hour ago, gilthorp said:

But do you remember the 1,000 yard 12 TD performance by Patrick Jeffers in 1999? That was a winner during fantasy playoffs. 

He single handedly beat me in the superbowl that year. I was dominating and he was part of the late games 

1 hour ago, Big John said:

More so if you played a week 17 super bowl. (With CAR and GB running up the score for a potential playoff tiebreaker)

yep 

My first year ever in fantasy football was 1996. I was crushing the guy I was playing in the superbowl. Fast forward to the late games . I had the Cowboys D and he had Terry Allen. Cowboys had everything wrapped up so they rested a lot of starters . Allen went off for like 4-5 tds and 200 + and I lost. It still stings 

33 minutes ago, whomper said:

As Far as Hilton. A veteran wr with good hands thats a good route runner. Ill take a crack at him for our wr3 here and there in a game 

100% how I felt about the signing. I liked it. If it works, great!  If not, are we any worse off?

17 hours ago, SNOWBOUND33 said:

The point is that it was made to sound like a hugh signing.  In ten years nobody will remember the guy.  

That statement came from a person who covers the Cowboys, of course they wanted to make it sound like a big deal since their fans think they win the SB every year. 

17 hours ago, Shaft said:

Fantasy degenerates remember all relevant players. :lol:

Too true, and Hilton was pretty relevant during his career in IND. 

Fans of a team remember plenty of players long after their less then Pro Bowl careers are over. So the "nobody will remember him" is just more sports hyperbole. Many people here must watch/listen to a lot of sports talk since they seem to feel the need to sound like them. 

On 12/13/2022 at 8:23 AM, stevegrab said:

A star player for a team does not need to be a perennial all pro, or have some elite status among fans of other teams. 

4 straight Pro Bowls 600+ receptions almost 10,000 yards over 10+ seasons with a team. (Yes I know some people think those don't matter anymore, which is silly considering its still a small number of players. It isn't All-Pro but still an honor that a small number get).

Seriously some of you just like to crap all over everything if it doesn't fit your views. The author of the tweet used a few simple words, "long time star Colts WR", I doubt many Colts fans would disagree with that. 

I wonder if people's views become skewed by fantasy football. In FF, his end of season numbers were solid but his game to game variance was high, resuting in great wins or frustrating losses.  As mentioned, if he was catching passes from Peyton Manning, he'd likely have a much more illustrious career.  

For Dallas, they're bringing on a guy with experience and great understanding of game strategy.  He's 33, that's not that old.   He'll be slower than a 23 year old but he'll be smarter.  Look at Fitzpatrick.  He's not their WR1 and he doesn't need to be.  But he will create a problem for defenses, which is why they hired him. I like Dallas and I'm interested to see how things pan out.

• Like 1