[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

YouTube wins NFL Sunday Ticket... no more DirecTV

DMD

4 minutes ago, Gopher said:

Is there anything YTTV doesn't have, in terms of sports stuff?  I went with Fubo about 3 years ago, and they're great.  NFL/RZ, MLB, NBA, all of the regional sports channels, etc.  But they don't have TNT/TBS/TruTV, so I always have to find another option for March Madness, NBA playoffs, etc.

I'm not 100% sure they have ESPN+. I checked yesterday just to price them out relative to what I have now and I didn't see it.

Maybe @Bier Meister can confirm.

1 minute ago, Gopher said:

Is there anything YTTV doesn't have, in terms of sports stuff?  I went with Fubo about 3 years ago, and they're great.  NFL/RZ, MLB, NBA, all of the regional sports channels, etc.  But they don't have TNT/TBS/TruTV, so I always have to find another option for March Madness, NBA playoffs, etc.

this year they were not able to renew their contract with mlb channel (bummer for me as i play fantasy baseball).  i get all of my regional sports, but will admit that i am unsure of their scope on hockey. 

I have seen a variety of sports/events, but honestly have not researched specific channels.

I am looking at my lineup and see trutv in there.

4 minutes ago, Chief Dick said:

I'm not 100% sure they have ESPN+. I checked yesterday just to price them out relative to what I have now and I didn't see it.

Maybe @Bier Meister can confirm.

espn

espn2

espn news

i opted for the 4k package so have espn4k

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Great discussion. 

bier can you tell me if YTTV has Fox Sports (1 and 2)?  What about CNBC (they carry some racing I follow). 

While i am not looking at the base package, here are sports related channels that i have:

nfl network

redzone

fs1 and 2

espn, espn2, espn news, espnu, espn4k

nba tv, nba tv 4k

SEC network

ACC network

3 channels for fox sports 4k

nbc bay area plus

nbc california

2 nbc california plus

3 nbc sports (2 in 4k)

i do have tnt

BIG network (4 channels)

Fox soccer plus

golf channel

4 stadium tv channels

2 fan duel channels

cnbc

motortrend

2 bein sports channels

sports grid

poker

fight

wrestling

Edited by Bier Meister
  • Like 1

I really need to do my research here.  I want to keep DirecTV if at all possible and just add something on my smart TV so I can just get the Redzone.  If you have any clue how to best do that, I'll PayPal you enough for a solid 6-pack  :brew: 

40 minutes ago, darin3 said:

I really need to do my research here.  I want to keep DirecTV if at all possible and just add something on my smart TV so I can just get the Redzone.  If you have any clue how to best do that, I'll PayPal you enough for a solid 6-pack  :brew: 

When I quit Directv after 23 years, they said you can get YouTube TV through them somehow. I didn't follow up since I already had You Tube TV.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2023 at 10:14 PM, darin3 said:

Yeah I haven't paid for Ticket/RZ in years.  I'd just call DirecTV up and whine about how I pay too much and would feign cancellation and I'd always get a lower price, free HBO and Ticket/RZ.  One year I even got a $200 Visa gift card to boot.  

Guess that ain't happening anymore.  

We love DirecTV (and I need to call and get my fees lowered while I'm on the topic) and would hate to switch to something else.  But I MUST have RZ.  It's not even debatable.  

Oh and hey @REZ ... good to see you.  You still in PS?  I'm headed out there for my big 5-0 in August.  :D

I am still in PS. Let me know when you're here and I'll buy you a beer 

• Like 1

On 4/15/2023 at 7:26 PM, darin3 said:

Free yourself. Remove the yoke.

satellite-dish-removal-1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Dcat said:

Free yourself. Remove the yoke.

satellite-dish-removal-1.jpg

I can't believe that anyone still has DTV.

10 hours ago, irish said:

I can't believe that anyone still has DTV.

I never lose signal due to weather (thanks, SoCal) and I get a very reasonable price because of my yearly phone call to them to b*tch about the price going up, and I have always been successful in getting free Sunday Ticket Max AND 6 months free of HBO and in some cases even more (like a $200 gift card one year).  

Now that DTV no longer has the option of Red Zone Channel, I'll have to make a switch.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, darin3 said:

I never lose signal due to weather (thanks, SoCal) and I get a very reasonable price because of my yearly phone call to them to b*tch about the price going up, and I have always been successful in getting free Sunday Ticket Max AND 6 months free of HBO and in some cases even more (like a $200 gift card one year).  

Now that DTV no longer has the option of Red Zone Channel, I'll have to make a switch.

Not to mention that anything HD-4k sucks balls on Directv.  Outdated and obsolete.  

Edited by Dcat

I had Dish TV when I first moved into my home, didn't care for Time Warner Cable and the customer service nightmares I heard about them back then. 

When I switched providers the dish didn't even come down, its on a shed in the back yard, that points over a fence and doesn't bother me. (Also no wife telling me "that looks ugly take it down".) I did eventually remove some of the wire that was run, but the rest was connected along a gutter line that meant a lot of extra work and potential issues with removing it.

My brother still has Dish, lives in a rural area without a lot of other options. I have AT&T U-Verse. Both are not widely used, but then all traditional "cable" type TV is becoming less common as people change to streaming.

On 4/28/2023 at 10:34 AM, stevegrab said:

I had Dish TV when I first moved into my home, didn't care for Time Warner Cable and the customer service nightmares I heard about them back then. 

When I switched providers the dish didn't even come down, its on a shed in the back yard, that points over a fence and doesn't bother me. (Also no wife telling me "that looks ugly take it down".) I did eventually remove some of the wire that was run, but the rest was connected along a gutter line that meant a lot of extra work and potential issues with removing it.

My brother still has Dish, lives in a rural area without a lot of other options. I have AT&T U-Verse. Both are not widely used, but then all traditional "cable" type TV is becoming less common as people change to streaming.

You guys have internet, right?  Time to cut the cable, smitches!  Get a Roku.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gilthorp said:

Comcast just sent a note out that said they no longer are carrying the NFL Network, or RedZone. 

Just checked and yep, both channels are no longer available. What the holy "really bad word"-ing crap is that?? I'm done, that is the last straw, finally cutting the cable, calling tomorrow and canceling. 

Any ideas for what to do for live TV, local channels and the NFL/RedZone channels? 

Also, need Root Sports for Mariner games and Pac12 for college football. I will do some research and try and figure it all out. What a huge pain the azz!!

Edited by heehawks

38 minutes ago, heehawks said:

Just checked and yep, both channels are no longer available. What the holy "really bad word"-ing crap is that?? I'm done, that is the last straw, finally cutting the cable, calling tomorrow and canceling. 

Any ideas for what to do for live TV, local channels and the NFL/RedZone channels? 

Also, need Root Sports for Mariner games and Pac12 for college football. I will do some research and try and figure it all out. What a huge pain the azz!!

I love YouTube TV. got myself a Roku and won't look back. You could do Hulu plus live TV or even something with more sports stuff like Fubo TV.  Either way you're long overdue for cutting the cord!

Edited by irish

2 minutes ago, irish said:

I love YouTube TV. got myself a Roku and won't look back. You could do Hulu plus live TV or even something with more sports stuff like Fubo TV.  Either way you're long overdue for cutting the cord!

For sure! Thanks irish, gonna dig into it and make it happen. I just want to be sure I get what I want to watch. All NFL games, local MLB baseball and college sports, sports in general (NBA, etc..), live local TV. 

39 minutes ago, heehawks said:

For sure! Thanks irish, gonna dig into it and make it happen. I just want to be sure I get what I want to watch. All NFL games, local MLB baseball and college sports, sports in general (NBA, etc..), live local TV. 

Good luck!  I switched my cell service from Verizon to T-Mobile and one of the perks was that they paid for Netflix, free MLB for the year, got me like $10 off my monthly YouTube TV bill and other free things or discounts that I can't think of right now. 

Edited by irish

4 hours ago, Big John said:

NFL Network is back on Comcast after less a day.

Appears to have just been the end of their current deal, and Comcast playing hardball to force a resolution. Roger Goodell even got involved to get things ironed out. 

With the NFL Network no longer having any exclusive live NFL game they might start to have even less appeal.

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/SB-Blogs/Newsletter-Media/2023/05/01.aspx

Edited by stevegrab

Interesting - Comcast sends an email to all their customers that said:

NFL Network is currently unavailable

Our programming agreement with NFL Network has expired. This means that NFL Network, NFL RedZone, and NFL On Demand programming are currently unavailable through Xfinity.

We know unexpected changes to your TV lineup can be frustrating, and we apologize for the inconvenience. We are committed to bringing you the entertainment you love, and we have made reasonable offers that NFL Network has not accepted.

We’ll contact you again if or when the programming is restored to your channel lineup. To learn how we work to bring you great content at the best value we can, visit xfinity.com/howitworks.

Thank you for being an Xfinity customer.

3 hours ago, gilthorp said:

No further update email, but if what John says is true, it got resolved quickly. 

If your provider is working to resolve it there is a chance it will come back. When AT&T U-Verse dropped NFLN they made it pretty clear they were not negotiating further and the channel was not coming back. 

I know its a key source for NFL junkies, while I watch a lot of NFL games and read news, there wasn't much on NFLN for me beyond live games and some of their "replay" options. If I really want it I can access it online, using my brother's Dish TV login credentials. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

If your provider is working to resolve it there is a chance it will come back. When AT&T U-Verse dropped NFLN they made it pretty clear they were not negotiating further and the channel was not coming back. 

I know its a key source for NFL junkies, while I watch a lot of NFL games and read news, there wasn't much on NFLN for me beyond live games and some of their "replay" options. If I really want it I can access it online, using my brother's Dish TV login credentials. 

That's wild.  NFL-N has great programming IMO.  :shrug: