[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Damar Hamlin-wishing him the best

Shaft

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

I suppose anything is possible, glad I don't have to make the decision. Was not trying to be heartless, but there is a decision to be made, and it impacts quite a lot of people. Not sure that anything they do will be acceptable to everybody. Declaring it a tie (double forefeit) or something if teams won't play addresses the game and the standings. But not the billion dollar betting and fantasy communities. 

The fact that a mans life is up in the air makes everything go on hold. I in no way shape or form find what you said as heartless because I know we all care about him pulling through the most . With the NFL not making a decision on the fate of this game , I believe it ties the hands of the fantasy leagues and league hosts as well. Im in two leagues . In the league I run , the guy had allen but he got trounced . He even said this morning there was no way he was coming back. In the other league a guy had two players and a shot at a comeback . As commish , I said we will follow the lead of the league host who will most likely follow the lead of the NFL . I went to cbs help page today and came across their stance on covid cancellations. They basically said if a game was cancelled and not made up by wed of the following week , it didnt count in the current week . Only one guy in the league was pressing the issue about how it will be handled . Everybody else just wants to focus on seeing this kid make it and let the chips fall where they may as far as everything else 

edit to add MFL stance on their site 

The Bills-Bengals Monday Night game was postponed in the first quarter after a life threatening injury to Bills safety Damar Hamlin. At this time, the NFL hasn't made any decisions about whether the game will be canceled or rescheduled for a later date. Therefore, the stats for the Monday night game are still unofficial and are not final.

We understand that many fantasy leagues are relying on the outcome of this NFL game to determine their fantasy championship. However, we have to wait until the NFL makes a decision on the game before we know how to handle the game for fantasy league purposes. This is an unprecedented situation, so we appreciate your patience while we await further news.

Edited by whomper
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

It's hard to find any updates on his condition. 

We all need to understand the family should be the only ones privy to all the details, and they'll share what they want with others. The Bills obviously will also get some updates.

I saw on the news last night a statement being read to the media from a family representative (it was not the uncle who drove from PIT to CIN to visit him and did an interview with NFL Network). They said he was showing signs of improvement, but still on oxygen (and no indication the saturation level dropped from previously reported 50%).

There is this story on CNN in the past 20min

“Per the physicians caring for Damar Hamlin at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Damar has shown remarkable improvement over the past 24 hours,” the Bills tweeted. “While still critically ill, he has demonstrated that he appears to be neurologically intact. His lungs continue to heal and he is making steady progress.

On 1/4/2023 at 4:06 AM, Shaft said:

They said he had to be resuscitated a second time when he got to the hospital. 😔 However, he does appear to be showing signs of improvement.

That was clarified to be incorrect; he was just given CPR/AED just once (on the field).  Heard this on NFL-N.

Overnight he apparently opened his eyes and squeezed the hand of a loved one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Montana is da Man said:

I was just watching the doctors press conference,  and they said one of the first questions he asked aftee waking up was "who won the game?"  

Gee what do you tell the guy?  I doubt he wants to hear the game was suspended and probably won't be finished due to his injury. 

4 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

Assuming he pulls through - he is going to be overwhelmed with the amount of support and donations his toy drive is getting. I do wonder if telling him is the right thing to actually do until he's fully healed. 

Yep we had a similar situation with elderly family members and wondering if we should tell them about a death after they had recently lost their spouse, the additional pain and suffering could break them. 

1 hour ago, gilthorp said:

Assuming he pulls through - he is going to be overwhelmed with the amount of support and donations his toy drive is getting. I do wonder if telling him is the right thing to actually do until he's fully healed. 

When he gets lucid and on the easier stretch of his recovery, imagine being the person that tells him. Lile "well, I have some good news and some great news about the toy drive."

1 hour ago, Montana is da Man said:

I was just watching the doctors press conference,  and they said one of the first questions he asked aftee waking up was "who won the game?"  

I've been slammed at work and actually at the office for the first time since mid-December.... so I must have missed all this.  I'll need to hit up Twitter now.

Coach McDermott and Josh Allen held a press conference after practice, basically they are getting ready to play Sunday, it will be a challenge and different for every player. But knowing that Damar is doing better and will recover and wants them to play is helping them. 

15 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Coach McDermott and Josh Allen held a press conference after practice, basically they are getting ready to play Sunday, it will be a challenge and different for every player. But knowing that Damar is doing better and will recover and wants them to play is helping them. 

And my favorite part was Josh Allen saying Tee Higgins deserves no blame, which I would think we all agree with.

14 minutes ago, Montana is da Man said:

And my favorite part was Josh Allen saying Tee Higgins deserves no blame, which I would think we all agree with.

Apparently some chalupas online are attacking him, blaming him for Hamlin's injury. (the really bad word)ing morons, he did nothing wrong, every player has the right to avoid being tackled. This was a freak accident from all accounts, required multiple very specific things (amount and location of force and heart rhythm cycle at the right point). 

3 hours ago, Montana is da Man said:

Absolutely. Everyone seems to forget about Higgins but he has to relive that moment every second of his life. If anyone deserves a break it's Higgins, he's got a lot to work through right now. It's nobody's fault, just an unfortunate situation. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Shaft said:

The breathing tube has been removed and he's able to speak. He face timed his teammates.

Was just reading this as well. Absolutely unbelievable, I'm stoked for the kid and the continued positive developments. Kudos to the medical staff for acting quickly to give him CPR, they literally saved his life. 

• Like 1