[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Damar Hamlin-wishing him the best

Shaft

1 minute ago, League_Champion said:

We tend to throw around the word "hero" to easily nowadays but these people truly are heros. What they did for that gentleman is truly amazing. 

agree 100%. Being a first responder is a crazy and important job!

I've known EMTs who had PTSD. It's upsetting. I spoke to a sheriff the other day who said they now have mental health services in place. When he started 28 years ago, the individual officers were on their own to deal with the stress. 

I'm impressed with anyone who can remain calm during such chaos to focus on helping others.

1 hour ago, Anonymouse said:

agree 100%. Being a first responder is a crazy and important job!

I've known EMTs who had PTSD. It's upsetting. I spoke to a sheriff the other day who said they now have mental health services in place. When he started 28 years ago, the individual officers were on their own to deal with the stress. 

I'm impressed with anyone who can remain calm during such chaos to focus on helping others.

A friend of mine who retired was looking for something to do part time, took a job as a 911 operator, and said after a few months it was just too stressful. He served during Vietnam too. 

I was reading some of the information that came out after the incident, the NFL medical emergency response stuffv. How they train and prepare, including before every game going over who does what, where the nearest level 1 trauma center is, ambulances prepared etc. I know that motorsports facilities do similar things, and have seen them jump into action. One local track I've attended frequently had a golf cart modified as mini-ambulance, driver, patient on a stretcher, attendant and equipment, it looked like it was from the 80s.

20 minutes ago, irish said:

Thats classy.  Nice gesture, which didnt cost a lot but really says something and means a lot for the player, family, and equally as important, for the rest of the Bills "family".   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, irish said:

Seems odd to me that the NFL and NFLPA had to sign off on this. Did it require some salary cap relief? Or other bending of some rules that wouldn't allow it? 

Good to hear they did this. You can expect every decision regarding this guy to be under a microscope so people will try to make sure they don't look bad. 

23 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

It should make all of us want to get into elite shape, eh? 

The training staff did get out there quickly!  So yeah. 

• 3 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, BillyBalata said:

Who knew LC would be the first to post something about the newest conspiracy theory?

anyone surprised?

No. And that Twitter account has 600ish followers and most of the replies saying that guy isn't Damar Hamlin.

It appears Hot Take Snooki got pwn'd by hot take clickbait.  How unexpected.

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Haha 1