[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No Cincy Buffalo game this week

Bobby Brown

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-says-bills-bengals-will-not-be-resumed-this-week-league-has-not-changed-week-18-schedule-183144911.html

Not to move on from the injury to Hamlin, but this is going to create havoc in fantasy leagues.  In main event FFPC there was $1 million alone for first place alone up for grabs, pending Singletary's stat line.  This will be interesting as I'm not even sure high stakes leagues had rules covering this scenario.  

• Like 1

Im trying to figure out what to do about this. I run two leagues and this game can decided who wins the champions ship. Its really close. I understand the players and how this freak accident can really change a person mentally. I hope the player recovers but it does put a wrinkle in Fantasy because people put a lot of money down to play. 

1 minute ago, CrazyCajun said:

Im trying to figure out what to do about this. I run two leagues and this game can decided who wins the champions ship. Its really close. I understand the players and how this freak accident can really change a person mentally. I hope the player recovers but it does put a wrinkle in Fantasy because people put a lot of money down to play. 

Put it in the hands of your league host and remove yourself from the decision. CBS put up a message saying week 17 has been extended. They didnt elaborate. Ill wait and see what they say.

My guess is anyone you had in the line up , they will count their week 18 stats towards your week 17 score.

If you have a week 18 superbowl , I dont know how they would handle that aside for calling you a dummy for having a week 18 superbowl

Someone told me that if Chiefs, Bengals, and Pats win week 18, that the Cincy-Bills game would have no impact on playoff seeding.  Maybe that is what the NFL is waiting for.  Is it logistically conceivable to push the post-season 1 week?  Maybe they can eliminate the off week between conference championship games and the Super Bowl?

I guess in some ways this is better than last week as there would be not much way to figure that out for championships. You wouldn't know who would be in the championship. I suppose you could say all senifinalists play your week 18 lineup and we will award winners based on how they would have fared once this game is played but that sucks. This isn't applicable for the 90%+ who don't have a championship week this upcoming week. 

If the game is canceled entirely, not sure how the NFL could do that with so much riding on seeding. Also it would suck for fantasy purposes because then you count the scores for the next week? Those were two good defenses. Not counting the scores at all or only the partial game scores also sucks. Best case scenario which still isn't good is they play the game later and you award fantasy winners then. 

My co-commissioner and I have been discussing options, including moving the one undecided championship game to week 18, or maybe just doing that for the players involved in the week 17 game. (3rd place game is a 70 point lead with the losing end having one player left, so we're just going to call that one.  

Sure we can wait and see what CBS does, but we may also not like their solution and want one we find more equitable. We will probably get some input from the 2 owners involved and see what they think. (One guy leads by 60+ but the other guy has 4 players including Burrow-Mixon-Chase.)

11 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I was told that unless this exact game is rescheduled then it's just zeros for every player involved. 

They can't move it to week 18 because it's a different matchup/scenario and there's probably no rules in place to do so anyhow. 

It's a nightmare for high stakes players and managers. 

Zeroes. Goddamn I can't imagine losing that way, especially with a lot of money. 

I am not sure what the NFFC, RTS or NFFC will do as Millions are on the line.  Underdog has a rule in place already.  If game is continued stats will continue otherwise it is done as is for their season.  I do not know the guy personally but I do watch ship chasers every Wednesday and 1 of their hosts was inline to win $2 million if he held the lead going into Monday night.  Should the game not be finished he will win the $2 million.

Ironically I waiver move I made way back in week 8 might have cost me $24K.  I had Hurts as my QB so after his bye I dropped Goff and picked up Watson as my backup.  When Hurts was injured I had to play Watson of course I would have had to play Goff that 17 point difference.

I started last night in 8th place in RTS had I kept Goff I would been 3rd place.  

I assumed I would be passed by tons of teams so I didn't care much but now it may have mattered pending how they handle it.

As far as the actually game I am not sure if the NFL would decide to play a week 19 and move the NFL playoffs back a week and cut out the bye week before the Super Bowl.

I would assume for sure if Buf/Cin had no seeding implications game would not be finished.

If it does would they ?  It could determine #1, #2 and #3 seeds which matter big time.

As far as a commish this is not great situation for the 9 leagues I run.  It is a long long wait to find out if they will conclude the game and what to do.

Week 18 will have impact and Cin / Buf / Bal / NE all have something to play for so using the CIN/BUF players is an option and replacing week 17 with week 18 for just those players but if they then conclude the CIn/Buf game then those would not count and we revert back to the Cin/Buf stats.

So you could sweat out a win/loss in week 18 to only find out it meant nothing.

Just ending the season with week 17 stats seems like the worst of options.

The game being finished is the best of options but we have to wait for that option that may never come and do we use week 18 stats in their place if it never comes ?

I have been a commish and playing since 1990 and these are unprecedented times.  In 2020 and 2021 we had covid and those were unprecedented times at the time but we had a rule in place in my leagues before Sunday 1 PM ET everyone would declare backup players in case Monday night was cancelled for covid or if you lost a player to covid you would get the pts of the backup player but of course we did not have that rule in place before last night.

• Thanks 1

There are a lot of hypotheticals here. I assume they will need to replay/restart this game. There are too many seeding issues not to. I don't think you can reschedule the Super Bowl. Most likely it gets played and teams get an extra bye week and there is one week instead of two before the SB. 

Assuming they replay the game, they would start where they left off? Or would they fully replay it. 

Just now, purplemonster said:

There are a lot of hypotheticals here. I assume they will need to replay/restart this game. There are too many seeding issues not to. I don't think you can reschedule the Super Bowl. Most likely it gets played and teams get an extra bye week and there is one week instead of two before the SB. 

Assuming they replay the game, they would start where they left off? Or would they fully replay it. 

I would guess they would play it from the point it was stopped and current stats count.  Just a guess of course.

33 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

They could just go by winning percentage for seeding purposes if they don't finish the Bills / Bengals game

One issue I just thought of if they do decide to make this a week 19 stand alone game and conclude it from the 5 min mark of the 1st quarter and we all wait for that to decide our leagues what if any of those Cincy/Buffalo players get hurt in week 18 ?

So if Chase got hurt week 18 then he takes a 0 week 19 ?  I mean what a fantasy mess.

Yes that is a mess. But I think you'd have to let it ride regardless of who gets injured week 18. The alternative is to scrap the entire fantasy season and that is worse. I guess you could designate alternates on your team to count for week 18 if your remaining Buf/Cincy players can't play week 19 but we are getting into complicated territory. 

Edited by purplemonster

4 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Yes that is a mess. But I think you'd have to let it ride regardless of who gets injured week 18. The only alternative is scrap the entire season and that is worse. I guess you could designate alternates on your team to count for week 18 if your remaining buf/Cincy players can't play week 19 but we are getting into complicated territory. 

Another option for FF is to use the average points scored for a player from throughout games 1-16

1 hour ago, Bobby Brown said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-says-bills-bengals-will-not-be-resumed-this-week-league-has-not-changed-week-18-schedule-183144911.html

Not to move on from the injury to Hamlin, but this is going to create havoc in fantasy leagues.  In main event FFPC there was $1 million alone for first place alone up for grabs, pending Singletary's stat line.  This will be interesting as I'm not even sure high stakes leagues had rules covering this scenario.  

@Bobby Brown  are you seeing any updates about how FFPC will be handling it.  I was about 40 pts from adding on with Allen and Boyd still in play.