[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No Cincy Buffalo game this week

Bobby Brown

10 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Split the pot evenly maybe? Even that may not be fair to the projected winner. 

That is one option they will have. We've also talked about trying to have the game next week (from scratch) or add in points for BUF-CIN players if the game is played, or maybe from their week 18 game. 

Co-commish asked if we should decide, get input from owners in title game, league vote. I said we should decide with their input, not sure the rest of the league should really care, they're not in the game and are not impacted by any decision. 

Since the one guy has a huge deficit to overcome I could see how the other owner might not want to do a split. But a 70 point deficit with Burrow-Mixon-Chase + BUF WR Davis that could have fallen in the high scoring game that was expected. 

So, MFL, just dropped the points for the Bills/Bengals and closed out the games.  I guess that's a way to do it but I can only imagine how some league managers are going to be put through it this week (this one included)...especially if their team was in the mix.  I a commish/winner under this scenario but very likely would have lost given what my opponent had going last night.  I don't know where to go with it and I'm sure there are thousands of coaches in this position right now. 

I misunderstood MFL they are saying it is all over and if Buf/Cin play week 19 it would count as week 19 stats which means nothing to any of us.

WEEK 17 FINAL STATS

The final stats for week 17 have been processed now, and your league standings have been updated. The stats do not include the partial game stats from the Monday night Bengals-Bills game since the NFL declared that the game will not be played this week. Should the NFL reschedule this game at a later date those stats will be applied to that week.

4 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

I don't think I'd be thrilled by having points counted in a different week with different matchups. I understand there's really no fair way to adjudicate it though. It just seems like a bit of a Jerry rigged way to do it 

still better than a flat zero, for buf/cin players, especially allen and burrow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, zing said:

In the event that a player doesn't play because there teams seeding is already determined. That player will get his pts per game average.  There is really no easy way, but that is the best idea I came up with.

Thats just making stuff up on the fly imo.  I wouldnt be ok with it irrespective of which side I was on.  But if they agree, so be it.  

2 hours ago, Sharpie said:

So, MFL, just dropped the points for the Bills/Bengals and closed out the games.  I guess that's a way to do it but I can only imagine how some league managers are going to be put through it this week (this one included)...especially if their team was in the mix.  I a commish/winner under this scenario but very likely would have lost given what my opponent had going last night.  I don't know where to go with it and I'm sure there are thousands of coaches in this position right now. 

I am in the exact same position here. I am a commish/winner under this 0 point scenario and was finished and up 20, so it was going to be a loss. Some guys want to give Burrow and Diggs their average and be done with it. I can't say I agree with this, and would most likely lean towards a flat out zero for those players and winning a championship, but I can't really feel good about this. I won't feel good about splitting either. 

I think I'm going to offer up letting my opponent play his backup QB and a backup WR. I think that will give them enough points to win the matchup and the championship. I'd feel differently if my players really performed and Burrow and Diggs would have had to light it up. I'd rather keep the league happy quite honestly and stress free since it's been going for almost 3 decades now. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Shaft said:

In my long running 16 team league ($30 buy-in), we're discussing donating our pot to the Human fund. We've been going for almost 20 years and trying not to get caught up in the pettiness of a small pot. 

Edited by Bier Meister

7 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

@Bobby Brown  are you seeing any updates about how FFPC will be handling it.  I was about 40 pts from adding on with Allen and Boyd still in play.

They referred to their rules that covers game cancelations.

Looks like they are going to take the stats until game postponed and call it a season. If yesterdays would've been completed before start of next week, they would've counted it as week 18.

Imagine the guy in 2nd place who had a legitimate shot at 1st place and 1 million.

• Like 1

Cbs is saying while they are considering the week 17 scores final , the commissioners have the option to set it up where the week 18 points of the bengals and bills players get added to the week 17 scores. They show you how to do it . It’s in the help section 

9 hours ago, gilthorp said:

I am in the exact same position here. I am a commish/winner under this 0 point scenario and was finished and up 20, so it was going to be a loss. Some guys want to give Burrow and Diggs their average and be done with it. I can't say I agree with this, and would most likely lean towards a flat out zero for those players and winning a championship, but I can't really feel good about this. I won't feel good about splitting either. 

I think I'm going to offer up letting my opponent play his backup QB and a backup WR. I think that will give them enough points to win the matchup and the championship. I'd feel differently if my players really performed and Burrow and Diggs would have had to light it up. I'd rather keep the league happy quite honestly and stress free since it's been going for almost 3 decades now. 

Manually add their week 18 points. At least this gives points for actual play. You never know if they would have scored those points even if it seemed likely. I needed 4 points out of kyler Murray a few weeks back. I was pretty much lighting a victory cigar and he left the game never to return 3 plays in

Edited by whomper

I like the idea of donating the winnings to the Hamlin Fund. I was going to suggest that to my co-commish. 

I think the worst possible solution is the zero points thing. Just pretend your player was injured somebody else said. Sure, what if that was multiple players, like the guy in our league with Burrow-Mixon-Chase-Davis. "Hey buddy half your team got injured in the MNF game." or "hey pal the teams playing on MNF were suddenly on an unscheduled bye, tough luck". 

Whomper mentioned the Kyler Murray injury, I almost lost my game that week for the same reason, but lucked out when my TE got the required few points late in that game.

I also find it interesting that FFPC is going to count the accrued stats, since they are still official according to the the NFL. (While CBS, MFL and maybe others have changed those scores to zero.)

11 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

They referred to their rules that covers game cancelations.

Looks like they are going to take the stats until game postponed and call it a season. If yesterdays would've been completed before start of next week, they would've counted it as week 18.

Imagine the guy in 2nd place who had a legitimate shot at 1st place and 1 million.

saw it announces on fb a little before you posted.

Thank you for the update

4 hours ago, whomper said:

Manually add their week 18 points. At least this gives points for actual play. You never know if they would have scored those points even if it seemed likely. I needed 4 points out of kyler Murray a few weeks back. I was pretty much lighting a victory cigar and he left the game never to return 3 plays in

Since I'm involved, I'm going to pull myself from the decision making on this one. I've given 3 guys the power to decide and given them a list of alternatives. 

• Like 1