[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Predictions for next year

purplemonster

Well, now that the season is over, curious what people think for the coming year. The Eagles and Chiefs should be good again, Mahomes playing with scraps is dangerous enough. That said the Eagles will have some business decisions to make with a number of players, I think I read 10 some starters are due for new contracts. Bengals will be tough, as will the Bills, although this year was a big letdown and they seemed like they were angling to try to take it this year, and may have cap issues. Jags are on the rise, as are the Jets, although they need to get their QB situation figured out. Niners will be strong but again have QB questions. The Dolphins looked very good at times but they too have a QB cloud. The Cowboys future is a bit murky with Dak, as is the Ravens depending on what happens with Lamar, as are the Giants with Daniel Jones. As for my Vikings I am not overly optimistic, we have aging stars, Dalvin will probably need to take a paycut or be cut. I think they used up their luck for a while. 

Anybody want to hazard a guess who will be the surprise for next year? Clearly a lot can happen in free agency and the draft until then. 

Sean Payton and the Broncos having a much better season seems like an intriguing thought.

If the Jets can get Rodgers, they could certainly make things interesting in the AFC East. 

If the Bucs or Saints can grab Carr, in that division, they could make a run for the division Title. 

Really liked what we saw from the Lions down the home stretch and think they could build on things, especially with the Packers likely losing ARod and the Vikings possibly taking a step back and the Bears being the Bears. 

You mention the Bengals, they have a lot of business decisions too.  And their OL is simply not very good.  

If Ridley gets reinstated, watch the Jaguars win the AFC-S.  Especially with TEN having question marks at QB.  If they get Carr maybe they'll compete with JAX in the South.

I think the Seahawks will come back to Earth a bit.  

Will add more thoughts later.

SF vs Buffalo in the Superbowl. SF wins the championship. 

Division winners

Bills

Chargers

Bengals

Jaguars

Cowboys

49ers

Lions

Panthers

Eta wildcards

Jets, Chiefs, Broncos

Eagles, Vikings, Saints

Edited by rajncajn

21 hours ago, darin3 said:

I think the Seahawks will come back to Earth a bit.  

Not too sure about this one. Yes, I am a homer, but they did pretty well with a bunch of rookies starting and who played really well. I can see those guys taking another step. Plus they have a ridiculous amount of draft capital, including the 5th pick this year. If they can shore up their defense, they could make some noise and improve on last year. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, heehawks said:

Not too sure about this one. Yes, I am a homer, but they did pretty well with a bunch of rookies starting and who played really well. I can see those guys taking another step. Plus they have a ridiculous amount of draft capital, including the 5th pick this year. If they can shore up their defense, they could make some noise and improve on last year. 

Heh...I was going to chime in yesterday but didn't want to look like reactive homer.  :)

Eggspurts are ranking either Jets or Hawks as best draft 2022 class since the season is over.  2 picks in the top 20 and 3 more on day two can turn their D weaknesses around fast if they focus and draft well again.  Good cap situation.....

Probably wishful thinking at this point, but if they keep Jamal Adams and he can stay healthy, he can flourish as a LB hybrid type player under Hurtt.  That would essentially be a bonus free agent at this point.  

13 years of Carroll and 10 of them making the playoffs.  I agree and also seeing this going the other way; the steps back were 2021 and even last year.   

14 hours ago, heehawks said:

14 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Heh...I was going to chime in yesterday but didn't want to look like reactive homer.  :)

Eggspurts are ranking either Jets or Hawks as best draft 2022 class since the season is over.  2 picks in the top 20 and 3 more on day two can turn their D weaknesses around fast if they focus and draft well again.  Good cap situation.....

Probably wishful thinking at this point, but if they keep Jamal Adams and he can stay healthy, he can flourish as a LB hybrid type player under Hurtt.  That would essentially be a bonus free agent at this point.  

13 years of Carroll and 10 of them making the playoffs.  I agree and also seeing this going the other way; the steps back were 2021 and even last year.   

You guys may be right, and will be aided by the Rams and Cardinals likely to struggle again.  The Niners will again be tough but the division isn't as killer as it could be.

13 hours ago, Chief Dick said:

I feel like the Super Bowl Champion Kansas City Chiefs have a good chance to make the playoffs this next season.

I'd be shocked if they and the Eagles don't win their divisions and make a deep playoff run again. Injuries are always the wild card, we know that the Chiefs are not as great without Mahomes and we saw the Eagles struggle when Hurts was out. 

45 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I'd be shocked if they and the Eagles don't win their divisions and make a deep playoff run again.

I could definitely see the Eagles regressing. They have a lot of free agents, some cap trouble, a new OC & DC as well. 

They're still a playoff team but I don't think they'll be Superbowl worthy. I'd love to be wrong though. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, stevegrab said:

I'd be shocked if they and the Eagles don't win their divisions and make a deep playoff run again. Injuries are always the wild card, we know that the Chiefs are not as great without Mahomes and we saw the Eagles struggle when Hurts was out. 

The Iggles have a ton of players they have to resign.  They are going to look significantly different next year.  They will still be potent on both sides of the ball but i think the Cowboys will be more of a challenge.

If the Chargers can take care of their Defensive problems, draft and FA...ie secondary and have a pass rush, I think they have a chance.  Would like to see another WR in the mix since Allen or Williams can't stay healthy all season.  I think Kellen Moore will be a big step up for Justin.  Very excited to see this offense come this Fall.