[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

***OFFICIAL NFL Draft Thread - Kansas City - April 27-29 - Where Champions Reside & Gil Is Not Invited***

Chief Dick

Difficult to walk away from day 2 feeling good.

Feeling more like the past where this GM is acting like he is smarter than everyone else and simply missing on simple picks.

Schmitz and Brown are NFL producers. Both were there for the taking.

1 hour ago, Big John said:

Reed assigned #1.  No Packer player had worn that number since Lambeau.

I bet that's just temporary. They'll change it before a regular season game.

Have to say I'm pretty happy with what the Saints did. I'd been wanting them to go dline for the first two picks and they didn't disappoint. Nice to see them stay put for a change too. Kendre Miller in the 3rd will give them a good between the tackles runner and insurance for a likely Kamara suspension. I would have liked to have seen one of the  TEs drop there, but we may just yet see Foster Moreau back on the field this year.

10 hours ago, Shaft said:

Wait, the 49ers don't have a first or second round pick, and they pick a kicker in the 3rd round? :hscratch:

Well, they filled their biggest need.  🤣 

48 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

TRAUTMAN, ADAM NOS TE

Sean Payton just traded for his old draft pick. Any insights on Trautman? 

Yup. He's one of the best blocking TEs in the league. He's a capable receiver, but known for his blocking. That's a crowded TE room.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Anonymouse said:

TRAUTMAN, ADAM NOS TE

Sean Payton just traded for his old draft pick. Any insights on Trautman? 

Blocking TE, ok receiver. Good player,  but nothing fantasy relevant. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, irish said:

Love the Deuce Vaughn pick for Dallas. 

Vaughn is only 5-5 and will be the shortest player in the NFL. He weighs ten pounds less than any other NFL RB at 179. That doesn't bode well for more than being RB depth.

5 minutes ago, DMD said:

Vaughn is only 5-5 and will be the shortest player in the NFL. He weighs ten pounds less than any other NFL RB at 179. That doesn't bode well for more than being RB depth.

Yeah, he's even smaller than Devone Achane.

16 minutes ago, DMD said:

He's literally, as they say, Darren Sproles light.   I can see him get 8-12 touches per game and be a solid CoP RB and ST contributor. 

Considering that was what Dallas did in the draft for RB, I'm guessing that they'll end up with one of the vets hanging out there - Leonard Fournette? Dalvin Cook (probably stays in MIN)? Zeke "chastised" Elliott? 

Just no way they are going into the season with Pollard and RoJo.

28 minutes ago, DMD said:

Considering that was what Dallas did in the draft for RB, I'm guessing that they'll end up with one of the vets hanging out there - Leonard Fournette? Dalvin Cook (probably stays in MIN)? Zeke "chastised" Elliott? 

Just no way they are going into the season with Pollard and RoJo.

Completely agreed.   I'm afraid they bring Zeke back. Dak wants him back and was working out with him in the offseason.

11 hours ago, Dscott1970 said:

I heard Sean Tucker has a heart condition of some sort, no idea how serious, but obviously it had an impact on his draft status

Yeah, I saw that too after I started searching. It's unfortunate.