[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

***OFFICIAL NFL Draft Thread - Kansas City - April 27-29 - Where Champions Reside & Gil Is Not Invited***

Chief Dick

1 minute ago, Shaft said:

OBJ, Bateman, Andrews, and Flowers..... Wow!

Lamar is thrilled tonight, on top of rich!

3 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Just what any big football fan wants with their draft coverage,  the Jonas Brothers. :lol:

My buddy was bitching about this at the bar. 

3 hours ago, Shorttynaz said:

That make a wish kid announcing the Jets pick was awesome!!  

Poor sod.  He's young and doesn't understand the bleak recent history, just like Bears and Browns fans. :brow:

2 hours ago, Shaft said:

Just imagine them in a system where the QB gets them the ball.  Oh...wait... :unsure:

Edited by Def.
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Lets just rename the Eagles the "new" Bulldogs.  They are recreating the Ga defense. Incredible.

Yeah the rich get richer.

And it wasn't here, but I totally called the Levis slip.  He is hot garbage.  Even in his "good" year his INTs and sacks were unreasonably high.  He is Carson Wentz without the rushing upside.

1 hour ago, Finn5033 said:

Yes Addison is a nice pick. But for a team that needs cornerbacks more than anything how do you pass on Joey Porter Jr?

I guess KOC won the contest over Flores!   No second round pick either (but getting Hockenson for that is a good deal)  so not sure how they are gonna improve defense.

🙄

11 hours ago, Shaft said:

Would be great if they had a better passing QB, or ran the offense like they did in his second season (3100 yards, 36 TDs, 6 INT). Outside that anomaly he's averaged much lower numbers in his complete seasons, of course missing 10 games in the last 2 years (and one more the year before that) also hasn't helped. 

I remember watching him his rookie year thinking he needed to learn how to throw better. Second year he was phenomenal and MVP. Then it seems they went back to a running focused game plan. The injuries also contributed. 

13 hours ago, Shorttynaz said:

Houston turned a sex addict / womanizer into a stud QB and a tank to anchor the D line for the next decade (pending injuries).  As a Colts fan, I hate it.  But damn - way to work the draft!  

And yet Cleveland has D Watson!  #Muppets

But he's a great QB everybody said, this is what the Browns needed they said. (Maybe not with that contract, or giving up quite that much in draft capitol). Oh they also said the headaches were over after his lengthy suspension last year. Other teams were pursing Watson as well, the Browns just decided they had to win and made an outrageous deal. 

Oh well we've got a pick coming up sometime in the next day or two I think. I'm sure there will be some scraps left. 

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Would be great if they had a better passing QB, or ran the offense like they did in his second season (3100 yards, 36 TDs, 6 INT). Outside that anomaly he's averaged much lower numbers in his complete seasons, of course missing 10 games in the last 2 years (and one more the year before that) also hasn't helped. 

I remember watching him his rookie year thinking he needed to learn how to throw better. Second year he was phenomenal and MVP. Then it seems they went back to a running focused game plan. The injuries also contributed. 

A big part of the reason they have the passing success that they do is because of Jackson's running ability. That will undoubtedly wane as the years progress and you have to wonder just how much that will hurt the passing game.

1 hour ago, Chief Dick said:

The NFL is so rich that the porta-pottys at the draft all have flushable toilets.   They had so many never had to wait a second to use the bathroom.

Draft was awesome. 

:lol:   you go to the draft and you come back to tell us about the crappers?  i love it lol

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Kinda surprised LaPorta went before Mayer and even Musgrave.  I guess the Lions are hoping the Iowa TE factory produces again?

Yup, would love if Washington fell to Dallas!

10 minutes ago, DMD said:

I was hoping Charbonnet would go to Dallas

That would've been nice. We grabbed a solid TE, although I was leaning towards Washington, Schoonmaker will do.  Though he's not a good blocker. 

Edited by irish

I was hoping for the Bears to knock it out of the park in the 2nd round. I walk away feeling very underwhelmed with their DT and CB choice.

I guess I was hoping for too much and forgot this is the Bears I am a fan of.

There was a bit of a different direction they could have gone instead of CB there for sure.