[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Waller. Looks. HORRIBLE.

yoda83

I am holding out hope here.  Daboll knows what he's doing and while it might take a small miracle, I could see the G-men turning things around a bit.  There's just NO way they'll be this bad for the entire season.  And honestly, there is no one else on the roster that can handle a heavy target load like Waller.  I think he rebounds.  Of course, might be wishful thinking since I own him in several leagues, but I could see a turn here.

• Like 2

On 10/4/2023 at 11:24 AM, darin3 said:

I am holding out hope here.  Daboll knows what he's doing and while it might take a small miracle, I could see the G-men turning things around a bit.  There's just NO way they'll be this bad for the entire season.  And honestly, there is no one else on the roster that can handle a heavy target load like Waller.  I think he rebounds.  Of course, might be wishful thinking since I own him in several leagues, but I could see a turn here.

Best game of the season... 11 targets, caught 8 of them.  

Two horrible matchups upcoming, though.  Bills and Commanders are #1 and 2 against opposing TEs.  Granted, Matt Milano is going to be out for the Bills so maybe that #1 ranking could be misleading.

That said, the following two weeks are cherry;  facing the worst team versus TEs (Jets) and the #20 defense (Raiders).

If he can keep it up against the Bills and Commanders I'd bet he's "back on the horse" so to speak.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/9/2023 at 2:15 PM, darin3 said:

Best game of the season... 11 targets, caught 8 of them.  

Two horrible matchups upcoming, though.  Bills and Commanders are #1 and 2 against opposing TEs.  Granted, Matt Milano is going to be out for the Bills so maybe that #1 ranking could be misleading.

That said, the following two weeks are cherry;  facing the worst team versus TEs (Jets) and the #20 defense (Raiders).

If he can keep it up against the Bills and Commanders I'd bet he's "back on the horse" so to speak.

There goes those cherry matchups. I made a trade earlier in the season, glad I traded for Kmet versus Waller.  

Huge disappointment in regards to preseason expectation vs how his season is going (went).      I dont have him, but I was very high on Waller and prepared to reach, though some unlucky sob's and Giants fans  reached a little earlier.         

Hamstring, right? 

"out for a little bit" 

Owners maybe see ya back week 12, Darren.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FinishTheDrill said:

Owners maybe see ya back week 12, Darren.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

... or 13

Edited by FinishTheDrill
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, irish said:

Ouch!

already dropped hm in one league.  Packing his bags in the others now to free up the dead roster spot.  Remember, the Giants on bye week 13.  

We won't see waller until week 14. LOL. 

Waller qualifies as a candidate for the 2023 "Fantasy Bust of the Year" award. 

• Like 1

Zero shares of the guy this year.  I certainly got the attraction of hopeful elite TE play as primary target, but the injury history and lack of consistency always scared me off.  

Mostly played in TE 1.5 PPR leagues and (after Kelce) typically went with Andrews or Hockenson with some Kittle before I pumped the brakes and waited for later TE guys. 

Lots of shares of LaPorta and Mayers paid off on the LaPorta side of things. Those picks were cheap.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Zero shares of the guy this year.  I certainly got the attraction of hopeful elite TE play as primary target, but the injury history and lack of consistency always scared me off.  

Mostly played in TE 1.5 PPR leagues and (after Kelce) typically went with Andrews or Hockenson with some Kittle before I pumped the brakes and waited for later TE guys. 

Lots of shares of LaPorta and Mayers paid off on the LaPorta side of things. Those picks were cheap.

LaPorta has looked really good this year, and coming from TE U (Iowa, same as Hockenson and Kittle) he may be the real deal long term. 

I was targeting Kmet this year and missed, ended up with Njoku who has not been great.