[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Playoff weekend week 16

purplemonster

19 minutes ago, irish said:

So, I'm playing against Cook and Fournette and on their most recent drive, Cook rushes it down 5 yards from the 6 to the 1 yard line, Fournette gets stuffed from the 1 and then Allen runs in another score. Holy sh1t I'd be pissed!!!

Yup, I'm pissed.  I'm already at peace with the fact that I'm going to lose but I just don't understand it.  16 receptions over the last 4 games.....3 wins and an OT loss to the Eagles.  Today..no targets and in a dog fight with the hapless Chargers

3 minutes ago, Montana is da Man said:

Yup, I'm pissed.  I'm already at peace with the fact that I'm going to lose but I just don't understand it.  16 receptions over the last 4 games.....3 wins and an OT loss to the Eagles.  Today..no targets and in a dog fight with the hapless Chargers

That fumble is does not bode well for him for the rest of game. Whooo, yay!

7 hours ago, Montana is da Man said:

Congratulations if you started Pickens this week

I almost started him in 2 different leagues, including FPC, due to Devonta Smith being questionable on Monday.  But alas, Smith blessed us with his 'I'm going to play' news this morning and Pickens stayed on the bench.  Also benched Dicker the kicker in FPC.  Pretty sure those were very costly mistake (maybe hundreds if not 1000s and maybe more).

4 hours ago, Montana is da Man said:

The Bills seem to hate Cook tonight.  No carries inside the 5.....2 for Allen.....1 for Fournette.  No targets for Cook.  It's like the Bills coaches haven't paid attention to the last 2 games.  

Allen is playing like a stat whore.  Throwing deep passes for an INT instead of a dump off and 2 short runs for TDs.  The Bills will win this game, but this type of play and coaching is exactly why the Bills and Allen will never win a superbowl.   

👍

7 hours ago, Def. said:

Not trying to be combative, but isn’t this the same Cook as he’s always been? Just like Gabe Davis who I’m sure is sitting on a lot of benches this week no?  :shrug:

Cook himself was nothing special, but over the last few weeks where he's been a really good fantasy rb, he was involved in the passing game.  Last night he wasn't and in ppr leagues, that hurts.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, irish said:

So, I'm playing against Cook and Fournette and on their most recent drive, Cook rushes it down 5 yards from the 6 to the 1 yard line, Fournette gets stuffed from the 1 and then Allen runs in another score. Holy sh1t I'd be pissed!!!

Ugh. I didn't see that sequence. Why couldn't Cook have just gotten one more yard?

10 hours ago, irish said:

Ugh. I didn't see that sequence. Why couldn't Cook have just gotten one more yard? I would have have happily taken an underperforming 12 points from him.

43 minutes ago, 8rattoon said:

Ugh. I didn't see that sequence. Why couldn't Cook have just gotten one more yard? I would have have happily taken an underperforming 12 points from him.

He got knocked out of bounds at the 1 yard line. They put fournette in for the next play and he got stuffed and then Allen scored on the next play

I don't disagree with anything written in here, but I will just point out the guy got 20 carries (the 2nd most carries he has gotten all season long). Now I get he didn't get any targets, fair to be bothered by that, but any Cook manager would have taken 20 carries in a second if told before the game that would be the number. Truth is he/the OL didn't do enough with the carries, 3.5 YPC.

I'd be focused on that also, he had the chances, just didn't maximize them (he could have gotten the extra yard on the play described above as well). 

I get the disappointment, but I think you maybe should focus on Cook not getting it done at a high level more than him not getting 23 or 24 touches, and only getting 20 touches, tied for 4th most in a game all season.

Edited by Chas98
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Chas98 said:

I don't disagree with anything written in here, but I will just point out the guy got 20 carries (the 2nd most carries he has gotten all season long). Now I get he didn't get any targets, fair to be bothered by that, but any Cook manager would have taken 20 carries in a second if told before the game that would be the number. Truth is he/the OL didn't do enough with the carries, 3.5 YPC.

I'd be focused on that also, he had the chances, just didn't maximize them (he could have gotten the extra yard on the play described above as well). 

Glad he didn't!

20 minutes ago, Chas98 said:

I get the disappointment, but I think you maybe should focus on Cook not getting it done at a high level more than him not getting 23 or 24 touches, and only getting 20 touches, tied for 4th most in a game all season.

Yeah o-line did not help which I don't understand, they were stout against a better defense last week. Bills are just very inconsistent.

1 hour ago, Chas98 said:

My disappointment comes from no catches and no opportunities inside the 5 yard line (1 given to Fournette and 2 Allen rushing TDs.)  He had a few nice runs

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anonymouse said:

Anyone concerned about PHI pass game?

I have a feeling NYG won't score much and PHI will run the ball a lot.

I need massive Hurts points.  Hope he runs for 65 and 2 TDs along with  couple of pass TDs....