[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Super Bowl Poll

DMD

Super Bowl LVIII  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• 49ers
    • Chiefs
  2. 2. Prop bet Passing

• Patrick Mahomes under 258.5 yards
    • Patrick Mahomes over 258.5 yards
  3. 3. Prop bet rushing

• Christian McCaffrey rush under 88.5
    • Christian McCaffrey rush over 88.5

So far it looks like 50/50 on who will win and CMC over/under 88.5 rush yds. Looks like the under on Mahomes passing for under 258.5 yds. I'm sure those will all chamge before the game. Wonder what the over/under will be on how many times they show Taylor Swift in her exclusive catered box seats with some friends? I'm gonna say the only show her 3 times because they won't want to show her NOT happy with the way her boyfriend plays and the Chiefs getting beat.

with the way the 49ers defense has been playing, i can see kc as being a favorite.  If they can play like they have done all season, and the second half vs det. they should win imo

On 1/30/2024 at 4:20 PM, darin3 said:

I like that I'm in the minority for each question.  :) 

Good choices Darin3 and I'm fine with CMC getting under 88.5 yds rushing because he'll counter that with receiving yds and hopefully he'll have at least another 2 td game. What a story it'd be too if the last pick in the draft, QB Brock Purdy, leads his team to victory and give the 49ers their 6th Lombardi Trophy.

Edited by Docniner

4 hours ago, Docniner said:

Good choices Darin3 and I'm fine with CMC getting under 88.5 yds rushing because he'll counter that with receiving yds and hopefully he'll have at least another 2 td game. What a story it'd be too if the last pick in the draft, QB Brock Purdy, leads his team to victory and give the 49ers their 6th Lombardi Trophy.

Yeah 88.5 seems just a little too rich, rushing-wise, for CMC in this game.  Spags is going to have a spy on him and between Bolton and Tranquill, they are going to make it challenging for CMC to reach the second level.  I could see like 75-80 rushing yards... but yeah, he's gonna have 60+ receiving and will probably score twice.

The Chiefs are surging at the right time but Shanahan is going to have his team ready.  They may miss DeMeco Ryans on the defensive side but between Fred Warner, Charvarious Ward and that lethal front wall, the Chiefs may have some difficulty moving the ball.

I think Mahomie will throw for about 245.

KC wins against Buffalo and Baltimore on the road.  SF squeaks by GB and Detroit at home.  The road to the SB in the AFC was more challenging and KC is playing better than SF.  Can SF hit their stride and win?  Certainly, but it's odd to me that they are favored. 

7 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

KC wins against Buffalo and Baltimore on the road.  SF squeaks by GB and Detroit at home.  The road to the SB in the AFC was more challenging and KC is playing better than SF.  Can SF hit their stride and win?  Certainly, but it's odd to me that they are favored. 

Yeah, I don't like the fact that they're favored. They haven't covered the spread yet in the playoffs. KC certainly had a tougher road to get to the SB and they beat the Ravens who beat us at home. Still, San Fran has a big chip on their shoulders from the way things ended last.year and I don't.think the SB will be to big of a game for Purdy. Niners have something to prove and I think they get the job done.

I remember seeing some state before the NFC title game about SF not doing well at home against the spread this year. The flip side was the Lions did well against the spread on the road. I believe that held with the win by just last weekend.

Not sure if Chief Dick is using reverse psychology or really has no faith in his Chiefs. I picked them and they are trending the right way here. I don't see the 49ers walking all over them, not with what they've showed so far in the playoffs. 

On 2/2/2024 at 8:12 AM, stevegrab said:

I remember seeing some state before the NFC title game about SF not doing well at home against the spread this year. The flip side was the Lions did well against the spread on the road. I believe that held with the win by just last weekend.

Not sure if Chief Dick is using reverse psychology or really has no faith in his Chiefs. I picked them and they are trending the right way here. I don't see the 49ers walking all over them, not with what they've showed so far in the playoffs. 

Their offense sucks.

San Fran honestly might win this by 17. They have the revenge factor and still have a lot of guys who were on that team in 2019. They ain't letting this opportunity pass them by.

17 hours ago, Chief Dick said:

Their offense sucks.

San Fran honestly might win this by 17. They have the revenge factor and still have a lot of guys who were on that team in 2019. They ain't letting this opportunity pass them by.

The fact that the 49ers lost to the Chiefs in the SB a few years ago this matchup could provide the 9ers with some extra motivation but it's still gonna be a tough battle to win with the best QB in football across from our defense. Our loss to them was with Jimmy G and I feel.mych better with Purdy behind center. Don't like the fact that we're favored. It should be that no team is favored yet that's what the odds makers do. It's imperative I think for us to start fast because it'll be harder to come from behind against the Chiefs defense, which is pretty decent. We.do have the best runningback in the league and Shanahan has to find ways to keep him heavily involved. Not just in the run game but receiving as well. Deebo needs a good game too. For some reason though I feel like Kittle will have a couple of plays that will be huge for us. Not big stats but momentum builders that'll help propel us to our 6th Lombardi Trophy. GAME ON!!

4 hours ago, Docniner said:

The fact that the 49ers lost to the Chiefs in the SB a few years ago this matchup could provide the 9ers with some extra motivation but it's still gonna be a tough battle to win with the best QB in football across from our defense. Our loss to them was with Jimmy G and I feel.mych better with Purdy behind center. Don't like the fact that we're favored. It should be that no team is favored yet that's what the odds makers do. It's imperative I think for us to start fast because it'll be harder to come from behind against the Chiefs defense, which is pretty decent. We.do have the best runningback in the league and Shanahan has to find ways to keep him heavily involved. Not just in the run game but receiving as well. Deebo needs a good game too. For some reason though I feel like Kittle will have a couple of plays that will be huge for us. Not big stats but momentum builders that'll help propel us to our 6th Lombardi Trophy. GAME ON!!

I do not believe that that loss was attributed to JG... he pretty much paced mahomes.  I mentioned it at the time...and now Bosa is talking about it... not one offensive holding on KC in that game. if any are called (especially the conversion on 3rd and 15), we likely have a different outcome.  TBB benefited from that in their appearance vs KC in that SB.

I really think that this game will be predicated on the 49ers defense. if they play like they have all season and the second half vs det.. they win. if they play like the did vs gb and first half vs detroit, they lose.

Edited by Bier Meister

2 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

I do not believe that that loss was attributed to JG... he pretty much paced mahomes.  I mentioned it at the time...and now Bosa is talking about it... not one offensive holding on KC in that game. if any are called (especially the conversion on 3rd and 15), we likely have a different outcome.  TBB benefited from that in their appearance vs KC in that SB.

I really think that this game will be predicated on the 49ers defense. if they play like they have all season and the second half vs det.. they win. if they play like the did vs gb and first half vs detroit, they lose.

I agree with you Bier Meister about the defense. They can't afford putting themselves in a hole the first half and expect to flip a switch and ball out in the 2nd half. They have to understand that they are going to have to play hungry defensively the whole game. Going against Mahomes they need to generate pressure on Mahomes and not let him basically run a scramble drill on plays as we know he's good at improvising.when plays break down. Bosa will play good yet we'll need the rest of the defensive front to step it up and help Bosa. Chase Young needs to show why he was a #2 pick. Hargrave should be able to plug up the middle. Warner's going to play as he always does, a beast and Greenlaw's good as well. They're the best linebacking duo in the league. 

If the defense plays like I know they can they can be able to keep K.C's scoring to a.mk imum  which will benefit us. I still don't like the fact they the 49ers are the favorite against a Mahomes led team since we haven't covered the spread at all in the playoffs. I don't care if we win by 1 point and that's what I think the outcome will be. It won't be a barnburner by lighting up the scoreboard but I have faith my 49ers will be bringing home the Lombardi Trophy with a........   28(S.F.) to 27(K.C.)  victory for ring #6

LET'S GO SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS!!!!!

• Like 1

On 2/8/2024 at 6:24 PM, purplemonster said:

Also I am terrible at sports betting. So you are literally probably better to take my inverse. I seem to be better at Fantasy Football (I think) 

Yeah, like you I'm better at fantasy than picking game winners. Still this is one game I jntend to get right so I went the under for Mahomes, the under for CMC and without a doubt the winner of the game, the San Francisco 49ers to cover and win by 3.

• DMD unpinned this topic
On 2/5/2024 at 10:30 AM, Bier Meister said:

I think 49ers d played  great.   It really came down to their offense not doing enough.

Turnovers were pretty equalized.

Good news is Purdy looks like a guy you can confidently build around. Bad news is Greenlaw is out next year and Shanahan is looking like a potential choker. Thats maybe unfair as the Chiefs went out and won it, but switching up to lots of passes in the 3rd Q, having his D play too soft to end the game (Wilks responsibility more than his but still).  I think it's very correctable but you get a sense he may be outcoaching himself at times right now. Still, great game