[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your most memorable victory

mr. b00m

I'd like to hear some memorable moments from people about their most amazing games they've had, some awesome comebacks, unexpecteds, maybe even some times that arent' so memorable.

My memorable moment is being down going into MNF by 60some points, with Testeverde/Witten/Akers/Eagles DF just recently, and those 4 total'd almost 90 points to beat the 1st place team and put me into 1st place and now i've clinched a playoff spot..

Bye! share share share your stories!

My greatest comeback story is from the very same game as yours! I was down 56-19 going into the MNF game. I had Witten and McNabb going. The guy I was playing didn't even bother to watch the game because he thought he had a W in the bag. Witten and McNabb put up a combined 40 points and I won 59-56. The guy called me up the next day and asked what the **** happened the night before. I got lots of phone calls from the other team owners laughing and saying that had to be the greatest comeback in our fantasy league ever! It's been going for about 12 years now. Thanks for letting me share!

Those are some touching stories ..... NOT!!! I was the other guy with the huge lead going into Monday night. I lost by a point and until that point, scored the season high for points in a single game (of course, now it's second). 5-6 and have had leads that should have stuck in three and had guys go off never to repeat the performance. Enough to make you ......... crazy!!! :D

Still having fun, though. :D

My most memorable victory had to be a few years back, in my league's Super Bowl. I had Daunte Culpepper that year (it was his first year starting, and he went off)...

After most of the afternoon games, I was down 95-97, and we were both played out... or so we thought. That day I had Jermaine Wiggins as my TE (my regular TE Chad Lewis was on bye), and he didn't catch a pass in the New England vs. Buffalo game. But wait, the game goes into OT... in OT New England drives 42 yards for the game winning field goal.

The reason? Wiggins caught 3 passes for 42 yards... so I won the Super Bowl 99-97. :D

My most memorable victory - and probably cheapest - was one of my only two Super Bowl victories. In a very low scoring game, I won by .4 points (4/10ths of a point if you didn't catch the decimal). His kicker (Longwell from the Packers if I remember right) missed TWO extra points AND a 33 yard field goal. That's about as cheap as a victory gets.

Two time this season I have gotten to the monday night game with a player left and a large amount of points to make up. The better of the 2 was when the Titans played the Packers....I was down by 35+ with Chris Brown to go. Needless to say everyone thought I did not have a chance. Well after the first quater Brown had 70yrds and 2 TD's. I would have won if those da@n Titans hadn't pulled him in the end of the game for Antwan....I lost by 5 pts.

This wasn't my victory but it's a great story, 2yrs ago two teams finished with a 1 pt diff on sun night, the team -1 was finished and the other guy still had Brady to play. The guy with Brady treated it like a victory and Brew -ha -ha'd,---- --- Brady's fantasy score ------ -2.

My greatest comeback story is from the very same game as yours! I was down 56-19 going into the MNF game. I had Witten and McNabb going. The guy I was playing didn't even bother to watch the game because he thought he had a W in the bag. Witten and McNabb put up a combined 40 points and I won 59-56. The guy called me up the next day and asked what the **** happened the night before. I got lots of phone calls from the other team owners laughing and saying that had to be the greatest comeback in our fantasy league ever! It's been going for about 12 years now. Thanks for letting me share!

571877[/snapback]

Same Philly game, I came back from down 50 by riding Witten and TO

:D

Last week was a real nice win for me. After watching P. Manning go off on my team down 36 point with McNabb playing on Monday night. So ends up Mcnabb gets me 39 wining 92 to 89 and going into a tie for first with the same team :D I think that was pretty sweet :D

Edited by ZacSam

A few years back, i think it was in 2000. Middle of the season. I had Mark Brunell as my starting qb(yeah i know) and he throws like 3 or 4 td's! Too bad i played against the guy with jimmy smith (around 200 yards and 3 td's). I still look back and shake my head...matchups against your own receivers suck sometimes.

I got another one...Earlier this year, Javon Walker's breakout game against indy...200 yrds recieving and 3 td's. I still lost that week and when looking back a few weeks ago at the box score, it dawned on me that to my luck, that was also the game walker fumbled the ball when it was stripped from him after he made that last catch, that fumble costed the packers the game....and it costed me 2 points,

Final score week 3

Me: 107.10

Him: 108.10

I still gotta love javon though :D

Quite honestly, I don't recall any of my big victories.

I do, however, remember a crushing defeat in one of my first few fantasy football years....

I was up BIG going into MNF. My opponent had some brash young rookie WR from Minnesota named Randy Moss. They were playing the Packers - at Lambeau. The Packers' secondary was halfway decent.

I think I was up like 50 points - which is pretty big. Moss had like 60 points - 150+ yards and 3 long TDs (points based on yardage) - so I lost.

All I remember was watching the game and thinking (and then yelling) WHO THE F*CK IS THIS GUY?!?!?!?

I have a WORST experience ever!

Week 15 last season, first week of the playoffs and I'm up 26 points and all my players are done.. My opponent had only Joe Horn left on Sunday Night football.. In our league 26 points for a receiver would essentially be 100+ yards receiving and 3 TD's.. I had this in the bag, right?

WRONG!

4 TD's that night and over 100 yards.. Plus he had to pull that cell phone celebration just to rub it in.. Better luck this year!!

Edited by NEPats

A few weeks ago, some guy called out my team... said my team sucked and said if I "pulled the upset" I could talk smack. The friggin guy started Aaron Stecker as one of his RBs... and this was just back in Week 9!!!

Well, Daniel Graham didn't catch a pass, but every other player except my defense (Denver with 9 points) scored in DOUBLE FIGURES! That includes Pittman's insane 3 TD game against KC, Delhomme's 299 yards and 3 TDs, Holt's 111 yards and 1 TD, Barbers 131 combo yards and 2 TDs, Rod Smith's 29 yards and 1 TD, Givens' 100 yards and Kaeding's 12 points! Not to mention I had Muhammad (94 yards) and Onterrio Smith (95 combo yards and a TD) on the bench.

I smoked him 141 - 83.

So listen to this..This is as tragic as it gets!

A guy lost in my league last night due to Brady's last kneel at the end of the game!

He has Dillon and Brady. With 1:25 to go, it's 3rd and 8 and Pats ball. The fantasy scores are tied. Dillon then runs for a yard, so this guy gets a 0.1 pt lead. But the Chiefs don't score on their possession, the Pats get the ball back with 57 seconds left and Brady takes 2 kneels. The first one ties it, the second one loses the game for this dude.

Unbelievable.. I'm glad it wasn't me! :D

Week 2. Tied going into MNF Dallas vs Wash. Had to pick-up a running back because Duece got hurt and Maghee wasnt starting yet and SUCKS ( I mean Suggs) was hurt or justs SUCKS.So I pickup Rashard Lee. Lee gets me 2 carries for 10yds. We score 1pt for every 10yds. At the time it was pretty sweet until last night. Down by 35 I have Dillon and Green hes done. End up winning 85-82 to keep my playoff hopes alive.

I was down 40 points going into MNF last season in my Yahoo league. I had Trent Green and Gonzo left, my opponent who was on a 12 game win streak had Priest left.

In the MNF game Priest would bust a run off and get tackled at the 1 on about 3 occassions. Trent Green would then lob a TD pass to Gonzo, which ment 2 TDs to me. I ended up winning by a TD that Priest had robbed from him by the refs when he was tackled at the 1.

Edited by WaterMan

Don't recall all the details, but mine hinged on the MNF game 2 years ago where Tony Fisher started at RB for the Pack in lieu of an injured Ahman Green. I was down by 20 or so going into the game and things didn't look good until the 4th quarter. Fisher busted a 10 yd TD towards the end of the quarter that I thought would put me on top, but my parade was effectively rained on when I checked stattracker - I was still .5 points short of victory. Fisher didn't see the ball again. When I went to bed, yahoo's stattracker was calling me a loser . . . woke up the next morning to see that there was a scoring error and I had in fact won by .1 points. I could dig it.

Last year Packers at Raiders on MNF.Death of Brett's father.Keep in mind I am a huge Packers fan.down by 15 with Ahman left to go and I am thinking he is gonna get 30 on the awful Raiders.We all know the story and what Favre did so I thought I was toast.Late in the game score is like 34-14 Raiders driving and then turn it over.At this point I did not think Ahman or Favre are coming back in but to my amazement they do. Favre throws the ball down to about the 7.At this point the score is 108-105 my opponent ahead.It's either TD or go home.Next play pitch to Ahman and he literally walks into the end zone.My first Super Bowl title with my team winning it for me. :D

Not that anyone is actually reading these at this point but...

Our league had a tiebreaker set of bench player points then yards gained by starting skill players. In week 15, the game before the SB, I played a buddy of mine so we watched the game at his place. His players scored a few long TDs and had bonus points so I thought I lost. When the 4:00 games ended we checked the score. Tied, to the decimal. We searched for the tiebreak rules and looked and our bench fr*ggin tied, TO THE DECIMAL. Because of his bonus points my team actually had more yards gained and I won to go on to the SB. :D

2 years ago, i was down by 38 going into MNF. i had Ahman and Packers D and opponent had Cahmbers.

Ahman goes nuts and with the defense, i suddenly am ahead, then Chambers who did nothing until late started going. Miami scores a late TD (less than 1 minute remaining), which i was 1 point behind. Then Miami is successful in the onside kick. But on the final 2 plays, KGB gets 2 sacks, as a result i won bt 1 point.

I'd like to hear some memorable moments from people about their most amazing games they've had, some awesome comebacks, unexpecteds, maybe even some times that arent' so memorable.

My memorable moment is being down going into MNF by 60some points, with Testeverde/Witten/Akers/Eagles DF just recently, and those 4 total'd almost 90 points to beat the 1st place team and put me into 1st place and now i've clinched a playoff spot..

Bye! share share share your stories!

571133[/snapback]

I remember that last week when you were down 60pts. That is one of the best single game come back in the history of FF.

One game doesn't really stand out. Last year I picked up J Lewis in the fifth or sixth round. He gave a couple of outstanding games last year.

Edited by 1badfish

Tell you my worst loss.

Marshall Faulk had a big day, something like 170 yds rushing (maybe 2 yrs ago). With his 170th yard, I went in to a tie with my opponent, all of whose players were done for the day. I knew I had the tiebreaker over him. On the last play of the game, Martz has Faulk run around in the backfield to waste time, and he loses 8 yards on the final play, losing a point for me, as I watched myself go down to defeat with real time scoring!