[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pick, which Mike is the worst coach?

lobsterclaw

Which Mike is the worst coach?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Which Mike is the worst coach?

• Mike Holmgren
    • Mike Tice
    • Mike Martz
    • Mike Shanahan

Tice, no question...can't coach himself out of a box!!!!! The problem is that Red is too cheap to go and hire a real coach. Tice will be back next year because he is paid less than a lot of coordinators.

I would have to say Mike.

597349[/snapback]

There is some real wisdom.

Actually Tice needs to go and not just because I am a Vikings fan. He was a good idea at the time, but his decision making skills are terrible. Challenges and play calling.

It was a close call between Tice's inability to take a talent-laden team to the playoffs and Martz's bad play-calling and poor coaching wisdom in general, but Martz finally got my vote.

Actually Tice needs to go and not just because I am a Vikings fan.  He was a good idea at the time, but his decision making skills are terrible.  Challenges and play calling.

597548[/snapback]

Lets not forget his drafting savvy either :D

WHich of these coaches sucks the worst?  They all have great talent and suck most of the time. I just had to put Shanahan in there because I don't like him.

597048[/snapback]

That is a great question. I would have to say Mike Martz. He has never won anything. He makes without question, some of the poorest decisions that i have EVER witnessed. Awful, awful, awful. I remember watching the Pats Rams game this year, and thinking that Martz was a better coach for the Patriots than Belichick.

Martz Hands down.

But Shanahan shouldn't even be on the list. He has won 2 Superbowls. And they were his teams. You might sneak in 1 Super Bowl win with somebody else's team, see Barry Switzer, but you can't win 2 superbowls, with teams you've built unless you're a good coach.

I like Mike Tice. If the Vikings had a real coach, the Bears wouldn't have a chance in the NFC North.

Mike Martz is an incredible offensive coordinator but, as a head coach is pretty sad.

Skeletor isn't a bad coach. Sure, he's had problems taking his team to the "next level" the past few years but, he does have a couple rings.

Mike Holmgren just looks constipated all the time so, my vote goes for him.

There is no contest, Martz is the worst of the bunch. How many times THIS SEASON has he pulled his famous "crappy clock management" behavior, contributing to a Rams loss.

The guy should return to being an offensive coordinator, and let somebody else manage the game, work on the defense and motivate the team.

Even on personnel issues, Martz is just not that good. Stephen Jackson has CLEARLY outplayed Marshall Faulk in pretty much every game, but Martz waited too long to give Jackson the rock. A couple weeks ago, there was a game where Jackson was averaging 4.5-5.0 yards a carry, and Marshall went 13 carries for 6 yards. That's ridiculous. That's like calling 13 extra pass plays and getting 13 incompletions as a result. It's even worse, because playing from behind an incomplete pass would at least stop the clock and conserve time. Would any sane NFL head coach do that? Of course, the Rams went on to lose a winnable game. If Jackson had got those carries, I bet they would have sustained at least 1-2 more drives and won.

If the Seahawks had been able to sustain anything like their early-season momentum, the Rams would be out of the playoffs right now.

1. Tice

2. Martz

3. Holmgren

4. Shanahan

How you can lump Shanahan in with Tice and Martz is amazing to me.

Maybe you don't like him, ok, but come on. He towers over those guys in a HUGH way.

597675[/snapback]

Yes, continually blowing games for his team with his horrible play calling the last three years is "towering" above the others.

Last week's call, a fade pass first and goal from the 8, down by 3 was not half as bad as the other calls over the years.

he lost two games in overtime last year, when they had they had the ball 3rd down and long with under two minutes to play. Yes, you guessed it, he continued to call a pass play, instantly stopping the clock, not forcing the team to burn a TO, and allowed the game tying field goal with under 5 seconds on the clock. 3 games in the last two seasons have been lost based on this exact play calling stupidity.

San Diego last year. They are averaging 10 yards a carry, Portis is out gaining LT, when Shanahan calls 5 runs and 20 passes in the 2nd half with a lead.

Yes, he is a legend.

The legend in his own mind, the incomparable, Mike Martz. The only coach I've ever seen to decide his game plan for the coming week based on what the press' opinion of his gameplan was last week. How can he have only won one Super Bowl with all that talent. He makes Mike Ditka look like Professor Xavier.