[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Moss being Black Balled by ESPN?

MikesVikes

ESPN refused to show any Moss highlights on their Sportscenter. They showed Mo Williams and Burleson scoring their tds. Luckily the Vikings scored enough touchdowns yesterday that they could exclude Moss from their little program.

Berman and others stated that they refuse to show what Moss did during the game.

Of course that doesn't mean that ESPN won't show Moss' "dispicable" act on their home page on the net. Looks like they don't care if it's inappropriate for showing people on the 'net.

I think that Moss shouldn't have done what he did. But it is fairly obvious to anyone that they are making way more out of it than it really is.

Why do I say that?

I watched the game while I was watching my father pass away. He died less than an hour after the game was over. And a friend from my work passed away an hour later from that. There is some people in the sportsworld that take themselves way too seriously. It's just a game fellas! Lighten up!

Sorry to hear about your dad MV. :D

As to ESPN or any other network not showing it because it's offensive, that's an absolute joke. If they want to not show it to deter future instances, I'd agree with them, but for them to not show it because it's offensive.... give me a f'ing break.

Thanks for the kind words. It's tough on everybody in the family when they don't know when the time will be. I got a call early Sunday morning that we better get together. We didn't know if it would be that day or another 4 days.

Edited by MikesVikes

My condolences to you and yours.

Moss is classless, that being said this PC crap is out of hand, get over it, it wasn't that deep. JMO

Yes MikesVikes, sorry for your loss.

As for ESPN, Berman and Jackson are very conservative on their views. As I said in an another thread, my inner-teenager is quite fond of the :D, but you have to admit, the NFL cannot be happy with that being combined with a ass rub on the goal post, as a TD celebration. ESPN should be showing it, since it is news, and it is funny. Somewhat. :D

Mike, very sorry for your losses. It puts everything else in perspective.

Football is a game!

It's interesting to see ESPN making a "moral" stand all of a sudden. Weren't they associated with the MNF TO incident (sister company) and a certain "football soap opera" (Playmakers)?

MikesVikes, sorry about your loss. Times like this really put all of the little stuff such as sports into perspective. My condolences to your family and the family of your friend.

Sorry about your father and your friend.

I'm sure at this time you have bigger things to think about than how ESPN is covering Randy Moss.

In any case, I see no difference between Moss' fake moon and Jake Plummer giving the finger to the crowd.

Jake essentially got a free pass. A $5,000 fine and no real bad publicity.

Moss should get the same treatment.

NFL Channel didn't show it either while talking about it.

I watched the game while I was watching my father pass away.  He died less than an hour after the game was over.  And a friend from my work passed away an hour later from that.  There is some people in the sportsworld that take themselves way too seriously.  It's just a game fellas!  Lighten up!

648876[/snapback]

My God, that's terrible. Having 2 people die like that is tough. My prayers are with you. Take care man. :D