[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Moss trade details

CaP'N GRuNGe

Dante DiTrapano, Moss' agent, told The Associated Press that the Minnesota Vikings and the Raiders had "come to an agreement on Randy playing for Oakland next year."

The Vikings wouldn't confirm a deal.

"We have been in discussions with the Oakland Raiders, but there's nothing to announce," Rob Brzezinski, the team's vice president of football operations, told The Associated Press.

DiTrapano said he didn't know the terms of the deal, but The St. Paul Pioneer Press reported the Vikings would get linebacker Napoleon Harris, along with the seventh overall pick and a late-round pick in the upcoming draft.

The agent is saying he doesn't know the terms. The Pioneer Press is stating these terms. What's the source? For those that don't know, the Pioneer Press is know as the Weekly World News of FF info. For all we know, the trade could be for multiple number 1s and players ala Herschel, or it could be for 100 Al Davis jumpsuits.

I was just talking to a buddy and I mentioned the same thing. Jenson the PP reporter was interviewed on ESPN News and said the info was coming from DiTrapano. Then Mort said the same thing. But DiTrapano says he doesn't know the details. Wishful thinking maybe...but I'm still waiting for more.

The agent is saying he doesn't know the terms. The Pioneer Press is stating these terms. What's the source? For those that don't know, the Pioneer Press is know as the Weekly World News of FF info. For all we know, the trade could be for multiple number 1s and players ala Herschel, or it could be for 100 Al Davis jumpsuits.

709298[/snapback]

Don't forget the one jewel-encrusted eyeglasses chain good ole Al is tossing in for good measure. :D

Total speculation by a poster on another board and most likely incorrect, but interesting still...

The poster is speculating what if the agent came out with this false trade to the media at Randy's request because he knows that Viking fans would get upset and cause pressure on the team to stop the trade talk? :D

Worst case scenario, it gave us something to talk about for a little while that was actually football related.

709312[/snapback]

Actually, I'm thinking Moss's agent said what he did for a similar reason. Sort of see what kind of reaction this all gets for his client, and test the mettle of The Old Drunk and his blossoming sale to the former Bengals all-world little leaguer.

Oh hell, I don't know what I'm talking about right now. I'm just trying to find a way to convince myself that this really isn't going to happen. Then again, nothing about this can happen until March 2, so I guess it's a wait and see until then.

And for the record, I don't think this is a good trade for the Vikings, and a stupid move in general while trying to sell the franchise. If I were the Bengals all-world little leaguer, and the Old Drunk pulled this on me prior to the sale of the team, I would ask for a reduction in price equal to what the lifetime amount of Moss's contract was.

If I was Fowler, and expected to receive the leagues blessings on the ownership approval in March. I would be pissed that the current ownership I negotiated with just traded the most marketable player on the team.

The St. Paul PP is like the good Captain mentioned. Unreliable until proven otherwise. Guess we will all need to wait and see when 3-2 comes around

Yep, this might not be the end of it.... I think there is a chance someone might be willing to ante up a bit more for Moss. The fact that this deal was "leaked", well before it can be made official on March2nd, leads me to think the Vikes may be trying thier best to get more for him yet.

I've seen some rumors floating around in a couple places now that we haven't heard the entire trade yet. There's talk that the Vikes will also be including Michael Bennett in the deal. In return for either Woodson or Porter, along with Seabass.

Raiders are obviously still looking for a rb and are still talking about trading Woodson. :D

Yep, this might not be the end of it.... I think there is a chance someone might be willing to ante up a bit more for Moss. The fact that this deal was "leaked", well before it can be made official on March2nd, leads me to think the Vikes may be trying thier best to get more for him yet.

709515[/snapback]

Excellent point. All of this is starting to sound a little fishy.

I've seen some rumors floating around in a couple places now that we haven't heard the entire trade yet.  There's talk that the Vikes will also be including Michael Bennett in the deal. In return for either Woodson or Porter, along with Seabass.

Raiders are obviously still looking for a rb and are still talking about trading Woodson. :D

709601[/snapback]

Where have you been seeing these rumors? Vikings fan message boards?

This is very problematic for me.  I love the Raiders but I have negative feelings about Moss.

709338[/snapback]

And here I was thinking that Moss wasn't really enough of a true psychopath (in the nicest, non-offensive-Vermont-Teddy-Bear-ish way) to actually earn his way to the Raiders ... His antics are distracting and annoying, but is he truly Raideresque in the historical sense? Bah.

I too have a hard time believing that's all they got for Moss. But who knows. If the Raiders felt the Vikes really wanted to unload him it might of switched the scales of power to the Raiders who low-balled them to see if they would bite. You figure a WR rich draft would present the Vikes with a really good rookie, Clayton or Williams maybe, and a really good young LB.

Not enough coughed up for Moss IMO but maybe enough to dump that headache.

Now if only the Raiders could convince Ricky to come back, all would be complete.

This is very problematic for me.  I love the Raiders but I have negative feelings about Moss.

709338[/snapback]

This is the exact reason that I thought you'd never see Moss in another jersey. As you can see most Vikings fans like him but others wouldn't want him on their team. This alone makes this a very strange situation.

I was just wondering what 5000 face painted Raiders fans would think if they saw Moss leave the field in the middle of the 4th qtr.  :D

709699[/snapback]

They wouldn't give a ***.

I would, but they wouldn't as most are only there to get on TV.

I don't like Moss, never have never will, but he will be a good fit IF this goes through.

herd that harvard center on kfan this am.... he thinks its great and it kinda sounded like the players( him and c pep) wanted a change.. if this goes threw it is now daunte's team .. so more mosscapades

710053[/snapback]

Well, Birk is known as a no nonsense guy and has never had much patience for Moss.

Here's a quote from another board where someone heard Mike Bennett weigh in on the trade on the radio:

“Just an FYI, and no I didn't check the other Moss/Viking threads, Michael Bennett called into the radio last night. He said that he first heard of the deal when it flashed across ESPN yesterday. MB also said that he was prompted to call in when he heard all the speculation about Randy being a cancer in the locker room. He said that Randy was a big part why we have seen the emergence of Burleson and Kelly Cam this past year, he works alot with the younger players, and he does a ton of charity work that noone hears about. The locker room part of the speculation, according to him, is unwarranted and false.”