[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Redskins Should Change their Name

spain

Lets face it, the term "Redskins" is racist and hurtful. Washington needs to change their team nickname immediately. Would we allow a team to be called the Washington Black Skins? I dont think so. I think we need to start a petition to get Snyder to change their name. Who is with me?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets face it, the term "Redskins" is racist and hurtful.  Washington needs to change their team nickname immediately.  Would we allow a team to be called the Washington Black Skins?  I dont think so.  I think we need to start a petition to get Snyder to change their name.  Who is with me?

795955[/snapback]

ok i vote for foreskins

Lets face it, the term "Redskins" is racist and hurtful.  Washington needs to change their team nickname immediately.  Would we allow a team to be called the Washington Black Skins?  I dont think so.  I think we need to start a petition to get Snyder to change their name.  Who is with me?

795955[/snapback]

This coming from the second most racist guy on this site. :D I hope you're mocking the left.

Spain,

I have no reason to pick a fight with you, you have been here a heck of a lot longer than I. I have enjoyed reading your stuff. I think you are looking for something here so.....

If Redskins is so insulting...whats next.....are the Yankees insulting to all New Yorkers? The Redsox to all the girls dancing in places that I have only heard about? The only thing insulting about the Redskins right now is that fact that they have an A--hole for an owner who thinks because he is filthy rich and a lifelong fan he can run a franchise...

Memo to Danny Snider...

Buy some season tickets DUDE....you're killin us.

If Redskins is so insulting...whats next.....are the Yankees insulting to all New Yorkers?   The Redsox to all the girls dancing in places that I have only heard about?   The only thing insulting about the Redskins right now is that fact that they have an A--hole for an owner who thinks because he is filthy rich and a lifelong fan he can run a franchise...

Memo to Danny Snider...

Buy some season tickets DUDE....you're killin us.

796308[/snapback]

You don't really think the term "Redskins" is the equivelant to "yankees", do you? You do of course see how it would be ofensive to, if not other people, american indians? The name certainly does have racist origins unlike Yankees, Red Sox or Padres.

Edited by The Vatican Hitsquad

I sure am glad this whole issue is being brought to the fore. It is an insult of the nth degree when a team picks a symbol of bravery and courage from the ranks of humans. Keep it with the animals. I think most cowboys are pretty PO'd at Dallas, not to mention the Irish, with that racially hateful Boston Celtics name! :D Dern good thing no southern teams have ever called themselves "Rebels". I think N.O. has a lot of nerve with that Saints name too. Blasphemy! The PETA folks are kinda torqued about the whole animal thing too though. And the "49'ers"! What is THAT all about?~!? Now, I'm really PO'd myself about a baseball team from Canada, no less, calling themselves the "Nationals"! :D There ya go, Washington again. Miami got a lot of grief too, until they started with the whole dolphin safe tuna fish cans. Detroit "Pistons"? Sexual inuendo if I ever heard it. I can't go on, I'm gettin too riled up! :D

The Washington part is in error as well. Of course, the "Southern Maryland Swamplands Middle Of Nowhere Concrete Bowl Native Americans" will make people forget about the "Los Angeles Isn't Really Part of Anaheim Angels". :D

This is just wrong. They will never, ever change their name. There was a big push about two years ago and Redskins still stands. I mean who does it really piss off? Most of them are either drunk, gambling, huffing paint, or any combination of the three. I just want them to change their losing ways asap. Campbell in 2008. Sweeeeett.

You don't really think the term "Redskins" is the equivelant to "yankees", do you? You do of course see how it would be ofensive to, if not other people, american indians? The name certainly does have racist origins unlike Yankees, Red Sox or Padres.

796344[/snapback]

I didnt say it was equivalent...and of course I understand that it MIGHT BE offensive to some american indians...I could not pretend to speak for them. And I understand that Yankee is NOT exactly the same thing. I used it to illustrate a point. That offense should be as much about the intent of the word as it is how it is HEARD. Down here in the south, when people refer to someone as Yankee...it is not a term of endearment. Is it offensive, I dont know, I guess offense is in the eye of the beholder. I wouldnt want to be offensive to someone, but where does this stop?

William and Mary in Williamsburg VA is one of the oldest schools in the country, and their nickname is the Tribe...There are people who want that removed as well. By the way, sir, if you are part of RAIDER NATION....are you not perpetuating the stereotypical behavior that continues to haunt those poor sons and daughters of pirates??? :D

Well anyway, clearly we have too much time on our hands until our drafts. So maybe next week we can all get together and work on that whole Social Security thing. :D

Edited by Hardrocker

Well spain has successfully negoitiated another conflict. :D

I really don't think spain is racist at all, he just likes to start $#!t and he's good at it too............

This coming from the second most racist guy on this site. :D I hope you're mocking the left.

795960[/snapback]

Who is the top racist??