[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ben Mediocreburger

bushwacked

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess everyone but Pitt failed to watch any of the games in the 2004 or 2005 season other than the Superbowl.

Look at his stats in the superbowl he was still horrible

Right now Michael Vick throws a better ball than Roethlisburger.

Sadly, that's the truth.

I don't mean to be unfair to a guy who almost died earlier this year and had an appendectomy on the eve of Week 1, but he's beginning to run out of excuses at this point. Ben seems to be all there physically, but his decision-making has regressed drastically. And it's not like he can pin it on a lack of defense or a running game. It's puzzling... he's looked like a completely different player since the AFC Championship Game.

I think the whole Steelers team needs a shrink. On paper, they should still be a pretty good team.

The defense has looked like themselves in very brief periods, but then seem to be rattled by giving up a good play or two. See: first quarter of tonight's game.

Not much I can say right now, obviously. I thought at times last night, Ben looked decent, but, everytime I started thinking that way, he would make a poor decision. Fact is, the guy hasn't thrown a TD yet, and now has 7 interceptions. It is impossible to defend him right now. :D

:D

Yeah, well, at least he doesn't carry a man-purse.

Always resorting to the old "Brady carries a purse" stand-bys, Squeeg...you have a seriously limited imagination. :D:lol:

It is my contention that Ben just is not ready.He played amazingly at the end of last season and in the playoffs.Between the motorcycle accident and the appendectomy he is IMO only in pre season form.Madden made a dead on comment last night that Ben needed to play a little more wild.He has not got his edge back yet and by the time he does it will be too late.The AFC is loaded and the Steelers will be lucky to compete for a wild card spot.My prediction for the rest of the season below.I have the Steelers going 9-7 and I think I am being very generous.9-7 could get them in with a lot of help,but 8-8 is probably more realistic.

Oct 15 Kansas City- W

Oct 22 @Atlanta-W

Oct 29 @Oakland-W

Nov 5 Denver -L

Nov 12 New Orleans -W

Nov 19 @Cleveland-W

Nov 26 @Baltimore -L

Dec 3 Tampa Bay -W

Dec 7 Cleveland -W

Dec 17 @Carolina-L

Dec 24 Baltimore -W

Dec 31 @Cincinnati-L

Between the motorcycle accident and the appendectomy he is IMO only in pre season form.

There it is.

It's asking too much of a human being to perform at a high level as a NFL QB after what he's been through recently. Not just the physical effects but the mental ones too!!! It will take time, but Big Ben will reach that skill level again.

There it is.

It's asking too much of a human being to perform at a high level as a NFL QB after what he's been through recently. Not just the physical effects but the mental ones too!!! It will take time, but Big Ben will reach that skill level again.

Jeez Menudo, do you have to have an excuse for everything that Ben...

oops, carry on...