[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McAllister out for the year

DMD

Not something the Saints need.

McAllister may have torn ACL in loss to Titans

ESPN.com news services

The reeling New Orleans Saints may have lost much more than a game on Monday.

Two Saints sources told ESPN's Ed Werder after the 31-14 loss to the Tennessee Titans that the preliminary diagnosis on running back Deuce McAllister is that he has a torn ACL in his left knee and will likely miss the remainder of the season.

An MRI is scheduled for Tuesday to confirm that diagnosis. Officially, the Saints say only that McAllister has a left knee injury and will have an MRI.

McAllister limped off after catching a 1-yard pass and going down awkwardly with about 8 minutes left in the half. He was checked out on the sideline, then headed off for further treatment. He didn't return to the game.

Later in the second quarter, Titans quarterback Vince Young took a hard shot from Saints end Will Smith after delivering a pass. The second-year quarterback flexed his right wrist on the sideline and wound up heading to the locker room in the final minute, but he was OK.

After Kerry Collins played the last series of the half for the Titans, Young was back at the start of the third quarter. Tennessee led 10-7.

At the time of his injury, Young had completed 9-of-16 passes for 125 yards, including a 35-yard touchdown pass to Brandon Jones. He finished 14-of-22 for 164 yards and two touchdowns, with one interception.

McAllister finished with 5 yards on four carries, and Reggie Bush managed only 15 yards. The Saints struggled to 34 yards on the ground while falling to 0-3.

McAllister rushed for 1,057 yards and 10 touchdowns last season as New Orleans made it to the NFC Championship Game before losing to the Chicago Bears.

Terrible news for Deuce as well as the Saints.

After 3 straight years of inury-prone Deuce, I said no more last year.

However, while I need Bush to produce in multiple leagues, and many will think this will be his spring board to more carries... I actually think this could hurt Bush's numbers in comparisson to what he was putting up last year. (Obveously not this year so far)

Theres a chance Peyton won't try to abandon the RBBC at all however, and Stecker's value shoots through the roof...

How can NO not use another RB in the backfield. Bush has 29 carries this year for a grand total of 80 yds. The guy can't run between the tackles. If NO doesn't get a running mate back there to take the bulk of the carries, NO is looking at a 4-5 win season at best, and you can pretty much kiss away any fanatsy value any of the players have unless your league starts punters.

Well, that's it for McCallister's career IMO. Two surgically repaired knees? No way I touch him ever again even if he does come back.

Unfortunately I think you're right. It took him two seasons before to get fully back to health. He likely will try to come back, but we may have seen the last of the 'real' Deuce. He'll still be one of my all-time favorite Saints, both as a person and a player. :D

Terrible news for Deuce as well as the Saints.

After 3 straight years of inury-prone Deuce, I said no more last year.

However, while I need Bush to produce in multiple leagues, and many will think this will be his spring board to more carries... I actually think this could hurt Bush's numbers in comparisson to what he was putting up last year. (Obveously not this year so far)

Theres a chance Peyton won't try to abandon the RBBC at all however, and Stecker's value shoots through the roof...

As much as I NEED for Bush to begin producing plenty, this statement rings true to me.

Stecker will no doubt be a hot commodity on the wire this week. But if you had Duece, you should have handcuffed Stecker. If you didn't, you're just dumb and don't know how to manage a draft.

seriously, I don't see Stecker producing much...if the current running regime is so poor...

Stecker will no doubt be a hot commodity on the wire this week. But if you had Duece, you should have handcuffed Stecker. If you didn't, you're just dumb and don't know how to manage a draft.

seriously, I don't see Stecker producing much...if the current running regime is so poor...

Not sure a handcuff is such a no brainer in such a true RBBC that was in N.O before Duece got hurt..I think people feel if Duece goes down Bush gets the lion share so Steckers value goes up but I dont see Stecker as a very servicable back unless he is a bye week filler

How can NO not use another RB in the backfield. Bush has 29 carries this year for a grand total of 80 yds. The guy can't run between the tackles. If NO doesn't get a running mate back there to take the bulk of the carries, NO is looking at a 4-5 win season at best, and you can pretty much kiss away any fanatsy value any of the players have unless your league starts punters.

Although it is apparent Bush has trouble running up the gut, Duece wasn't exactly setting the world on fire with 92 yards on 24 attempts. Just pointing out the running game struggles might be more than just Bush.

Although it is apparent Bush has trouble running up the gut, Duece wasn't exactly setting the world on fire with 92 yards on 24 attempts. Just pointing out the running game struggles might be more than just Bush.

That means Deuce was about 40% more productive than Bush. That's meaningful, IMO. Also meaningful is that Bush is on the wrong side of 3.0 ypc - much less the 4.0 ypc that is the waterline for average NFL RBs.