[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Running up the score

Hugh 0ne

"Belichick is on a maniacal mission to crush everybody's skull because the NFL had nerve to call him on cheating. That's what this is. He's foaming at the mouth like a rabid dog trying to crush the life out of every team the Patriots face. You know what...that's fair. But I'd like to see an opposing team play the Patriots with the same violent intent the Patriots play with. I think you'll see the school yard bully met with force this Sunday in Indy...

Michael Wilbon:

These are professionals. In my field we compete with our competitor every day... We can't do just enough to be better then them, its our job to absolutely humiliate them every chance we get. Its a business, not the local "upward" kids league. People need to put on there big boy pants and get over the ring envy all ready. If you don't want to get blown out, then play defense and muster up more than a single td.

These are professionals. In my field we compete with our competitor every day... We can't do just enough to be better then them, its our job to absolutely humiliate them every chance we get. Its a business, not the local "upward" kids league. People need to put on there big boy pants and get over the ring envy all ready. If you don't want to get blown out, then play defense and muster up more than a single td.

Well , not all of us work in the humiliate people all day long field. Used car sales?

There is such a thing as sportsmanship that should be remembered during a contest. Cut throat business tactics have nothing to do with sportsmanship. You play to dismantle and destroy, but you let off the gass when you have a comfortable lead. 99% of the the league uses sportsmanship, just not NE. By the way, I don't know you at all, but I noticed you frequently refer to "ring envy" in your posts. Is that part of the humiliation training you have received?

Belichick can score with a thought and create a safety with a whisper. By merely scratching his ear, your punt will be blocked. Upon clearing his throat...well, you get the picture. Anger him not, or the wrath of all that is evil shall be visited upon you. He was once the chosen one, but the moment he took his first step toward the dark side, he was enveloped in malevolent power. This power has now consumed him. Fear him! Pity him! Hate him! But as for me, I shall choose to love him and all that might have been.

Belichick can score with a thought and create a safety with a whisper. By merely scratching his ear, your punt will be blocked. Upon clearing his throat...well, you get the picture. Anger him not, or the wrath of all that is evil shall be visited upon you. He was once the chosen one, but the moment he took his first step toward the dark side, he was enveloped in malevolent power. This power has now consumed him. Fear him! Pity him! Hate him! But as for me, I shall choose to love him and all that might have been.

:D

99% of the the league uses sportsmanship, just not NE.

There are only 32 teams so NE comprises a touch over 3% of the league. Unless you are implying that 2/3 of the NE Patriots are good sports your numbers are off.

Jeez, some people.

Edited by detlef

There are only 32 teams so NE comprises a touch over 3% of the league. Unless you are implying that 2/3 of the NE Patriots are good sports your numbers are off.

Jeez, some people.

:D:D

:wacko::wacko:

On a serious note.... LAAAAAAAA :wacko:

I think going for it on 4th down, twice, when you are up 38+ points is poor sportsmanship. 99% of the time any team in the league will punt in that situation - the 1% of "going for it" is when it is a close game and you need that 4th down to potentially win or get you back in the game. However, if you don't like it - stop them; the Redskins didn't stop them, and that's what organized competition is all about. Poor sportsmanship, nonetheless...

Regardless, if that was me on the business end of that whooping, I would very much file that away for future incentive to be on the giving end in the not so distant future.