[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Out-of-Control ticket prices?

i_am_the_swammi

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PT Barnum is proven correct yet again.

troof.

I wonder where the ceiling is? I mean, the NFL is probably the worlds best TV sport. I'd rather watch the games on TV than go to one. Especially considering the two things I mentioned earlier. Price and buffoonery.

Mostly ("buffoonery" is a very kind word). Also the drive, the traffic, the parking, the food/drink prices, the lines at the bathroom.......

All that to see some coconuthead make an ass out of himself when he does what he's supposed to do on the field while the class acts in the stands say stuff that'd make a sailor blush and scream their freakin heads off?

Wow tough call, but I'll pass.

what about the PSL(do baseball teams charge PSLs now too)?

When the Mariners opened Safeco they had PSLs (they call them charter seats. You could reserve the right to purchase tickets in the chartered seats for 20 years for $10,000- $15,000 they were charging per seat. So come 2019 in comes another boost of revenue. The charter seats are typically the first 6 rows of seats in the infield moving to 3 rows or the first rows as you move further down the foul line.

• 2 months later...

I didn't get to see the blurb on the local news but just heard local sports station 1310 the Ticket (the Dallas Cowboys flagship station) talking about this..

It's definitely saying something when the official radio station of the Cowboys is siding with fans that the pricing is ridiculous and basically extortion.

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa...m.78cb8324.html

Of course it won't be the first time a sports team has priced out its biggest fans in this town. Just compare what Stars games were like in Reunion arena as compared to the American Airlines Center. Some nights I think I could take a nap in the AAC as its "corporate atmoshere" has made it a pretty quiet venue.

When Jax and Carolina came into being, carolina had PSL and jax did not, something about protecting the team fan base, making people pay upfront huge sums would keep them there.

Other teams do this as well:

# Tennessee Titans

# Carolina Panthers

# Pittsburgh Steelers

# Philadelphia Eagles

# St. Louis Rams

# Houston Texans

# Baltimore Ravens

# Chicago Bears

# Seattle Seahawks

# Cincinnatti Bengals

# Cleveland Browns

# Dallas Cowboys (New Stadium in '09)

http://pslpal.com/index.php?option=com_con...13&Itemid=1

If I were a Cowboy fan...and I'm not :wacko: ...but if I were I would just tailgate in the parking lot and watch the game on the HUGH screen they are going to have on the outside of their stadium...you get to eat cheap...your own BBQ...your own chair, hear the crowd noise...yeah that would be the way to experience a game at the new stadium!!! :D

Try to go to a Giants, Jets, Knicks, Rangers, or Yankees game with the family - It's tough

(that doesn't even include tolls, parking, and bridges in NY)

:wacko:

(I wont even mention the food and beverages)

It's gonna have to be up to the fans to make the change...I think the fans should strike...drive to the game just to pickett and protest!!!

I can understand it in a way. In football you only get 8 regular season home games to pay for a stadium. In basketball you have 5 times that many, and in baseball you have 10 times that many. They have to pay for these stadiums somehow.

Most of these stadiums are still at least partly public financed, aren't they? Gillette was 100% privately financed which was a rare thing in the days it was being built.

• 3 months later...

The team announced ticket prices for the remainder of the new stadium on Thursday afternoon. The reserved seats, which are all expected to be season tickets, will range from $59 to $125. Some of those seats will have no personal seat option, while others will require options ranging from $2,000 to $5,000.

Previously, the Cowboys had only announced the prices for the most expensive seats. Those clubs seats cost $340 per games and require options ranging from $16,000 to $150,000, the most expensive in the National Football League.

The stadium, still under construction, will open for the 2009 season.

Cowboys officials said they have no plans for single game tickets at the new stadium. The team has no single-game tickets available for the 2008 season and only had a few for the 2007. Those 2007 single-game tickets sold out in about a half-hour.

The team on Thursday also announced they would sell 1,200 “loge” seats, which are located in the upper deck at mid-field. Those will cost $125 per game and require a $12,000 seat option. Those will have cushioned club style seating, but those seat-holders won’t have access the stadium’s private clubs.

Dallas Cowboys ticket prices

Prices for reserved seats at the Dallas Cowboys' new stadium:

$5,000 seat option* with season tickets for $1,250

$5,000 seat option with season tickets for $990

$4,000 seat option with season tickets for $890

$2,000 seat option with season tickets for $790

No seat option with season tickets for $590

*Seat options give a person the right to buy tickets for that seat for 30 years

This is the future of the NFL -- everywhere. The pinky-raisers will pay the astronomical ticket costs, while more and more of us die-hards will marry ourselves to Sunday TIcket. Owners will recoup their new stadium costs (and then some), while the lion's share of the profit remains in the TV revenue...which will continue to shoot through the roof.

Who cares? I like BBQing and watching the games at home, anyway -- especially considering how much FF plays into my love of the NFL. :wacko:

This is the future of the NFL -- everywhere. The pinky-raisers will pay the astronomical ticket costs, while more and more of us die-hards will marry ourselves to Sunday TIcket. Owners will recoup their new stadium costs (and then some), while the lion's share of the profit remains in the TV revenue...which will continue to shoot through the roof.

Who cares? I like BBQing and watching the games at home, anyway -- especially considering how much FF plays into my love of the NFL. :wacko:

What they need to do is start offering multiple camera angles during a game, but it's probably a few years down the road. I would happilly pay a little more if I could get an all 22 camera shot like the coaches use.

+1. Unless the Stadium put my fantasy scoring pages up on the Jumbotron, installed a Lazy-Boy in the front row for me and charged me the same for a hot dog as Costco does, I'd rather watch the games at home.

ETA - and not to mention the difference between the halftime dump at the stadium and at home.

Edited by SheikYerbuti

What they need to do is start offering multiple camera angles during a game, but it's probably a few years down the road. I would happilly pay a little more if I could get an all 22 camera shot like the coaches use.

+1

I've said this for a while. With all the technology available, it would be PHENOMENAL to have camera angle options during televised sporting events.

+1. Unless the Stadium put my fantasy scoring pages up on the Jumbotron, installed a Lazy-Boy in the front row for me and charged me the same for a hot dog as Costco does, I'd rather watch the games at home.

I also love watching games at home, but, to me, there is nothing like watching from a good seat in the stadium. However, as was mentioned before, these tickets are becoming ridiculous. I usually sit in the regular section at Steelers games, and most there have always been the die-hard, true football fans. However, for the Seattle game last year, I bought a single in the club section and gave my two seats to my Mom and Sister. It was extremely hot that day, and I couldn't believe how many of those "rich, fake fans" ran into the air-conditioned club section to watch on TV. It amazed me. Also, the group near me knew NOTHING about the Steelers, despite keeping up appearances by wearing the gear and waving the towel. "Who is this Holmes guy at receiver, he must be brand new" :wacko: I have no interest in sitting in the club section anymore. Put me with the real fans.

Saw this on KFFL....outrageous. Good news for visitors, as I doubt any real diehard fans are also multi-millionaires able to afford this

Cowboys | Ticket options announced for new stadium

Tue, 20 Nov 2007 17:10:43 -0800

Andrea Ahles and Sally Claunch, of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, reports the Dallas Cowboys have announced ticket option fees for their new stadium, which is expected to be ready for the 2009 season. Tickets will cost $340 per game for lower bowl seating. Ticketholders will also have to purchase a personal seat license. About half of the 15,000 club seats will have a PSL costing $16,000 per seat, with the remainder costing more depending on the seat's location. A 30-year financing option will be available for the PSL with an interest rate of about eight percent. The team has not determined how much tickets will cost for the rest of the stadium. The majority of those will have personal seat licenses.

I ran some numbers; please note that I am not a financial guru like Muck and I may be off...I made the following assumptions:

1) that the owner buys one seat

2) the owner takes 30 years to pay off the PSL

3) the owner keeps the ticket for all 30 years

4) ticket prices remain constant (I know, I know...)

5) the Cowboys mandate 10 games be purchased (8 regular season and 2 pre season)

6) regular season ticket purchases are only included

7) not including parking, concessions, etc

For each of 30 years, for ONE ticket, said owner must pay $6,170!

In other words, they could purchase DirectTv's NFL Sunday Ticket ($269 current price), buy a new flat screen ($3,000) and take one trip to see a Dallas road game ($2,000)...and still have nearly $1,000 left over...every year for 30 years!

No-brainer of a decision to me... :wacko:

Edited by The Wolf

Dorey, you got your pre-order in?

thehuddle.com prices can be upped to cover the expense. :D

(Or is it a tax write-off as a business related expense?)

I would bet that with DMD's Sunday workload, he never ever gets out of the house to see a home game. He could probably make time for a playoff game since fantasy season is over then... but that wouldn't be very rewarding for a modern Cowboy fan. :wacko:

Hmmm... Maybe a Thursday game? MNF?