[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Okay, Whose season is done?

tosberg34

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm right in the thick of things. Even though my draft sucked. I had the last pick (12 team league) and took Travis Henry/Reggie Bush back to back. I also took Alex Smith in the later rounds as my QB. HORRIBLE lol. But I made such good moves to get back in contention....

-my 3rd pick was AD :D and right after that I took Fitzgerald :D

-I took The Solja Kellen Winslow in like the 10th round

-My last pick was Bobby Engram

-I picked up Ernie Graham after his first good game

-I picked up Hackett one week before he came back from injury

-picked up Kolby Smith when LJ got hurt and hung on to him because poor Priest Holmes....you knew an injury would come with the severity of his neck injury.

-I also took Deion Branch who is a stud when healthy

-Traded Brandon Marshall for Big Ben right before Big Ben's bye week. the other guy had Kitna so he felt comfortable trading Big Ben. I think I got the better end of that deal :wacko:

-picked up Jason Campbell who's been a very solid #2 QB. lol can't believe i took Alex Smith as my QB in the draft.

-Traded Reggie Bush for Shaun Alexander but also picked up Mo Morris as soon as the deal was done. Mo is better than Bush and maybe just maybe Shaun will come back and do something.

So we will see. If I win it this year, it will be much more gratifying than when I won it last year with LT. Mainly because I made a lot of good waiver wire pickups and good trades.

Good luck to everybody!

I wish there was some way that I could be as awesome as Irish.

I wish we could all be as awesome as Irish.

But you're a momo that scrapbooks and swaps pictures in your panties while getting drunk with your old College buddies. So the first will never happen for you and just continue being wishful thinking. :D:D

How's this for more proof that 2007 is an anomoly? I started M.Schaub because M.Bulger was out and guess who goes down in the 1st Qtr? You got it: Schaub.

And here's even more proof: I started Roy Williams and guess who just left the game with an injury? this year is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay abnormal. I have never seen anything like this in my 13 years playing FF. It's just going from bad to worse every quarter. Yeesh!

Edited by tosberg34

But you're a momo that scrapbooks and swaps pictures in your panties while getting drunk with your old College buddies. So the first will never happen for you and just continue being wishful thinking. :D:D

Who in the blue f'ck gave you permission to use the word momo? You cannot and will not use terms birthed of the huddle. you are a parasite that is constantly hanging around our boards with your asinine comments, you terrible attempts to be liked and quite frankly your mystery huddler picture is about a dead on mark. What freaking tool takes a camera to work to snap pictures with chicks so he can look important? Dude you were looking at some female co-workers breast and making [what i can only hope was and not really] a funny face. You not only disrespect your marriage by doing that but your wife and that co-work who i am sure you never got permission from any of them to be posted on the internet.

You come on here boldly saying time and again how you predicted this and predicted that and yet if you go back to the threads at the beginning of the year you were wrong. You advertise your own [attempt i might add] fantasy football info website on a board where the people who started this over 10 years ago have poured their blood and sweat to build this community. And yes it is a community not just some backwards internet message board.

How many message boards do you know that would all come together to help re-build a house? Donate money to people in need? Help others without asking 1 penny in return? There are none. I'd say around 70% of the members here come on to do the message board thing while the other 30% have become friends and whether we all like each other or not there is a mutual respect between all of us. Hell there are some people on this board who can't stand me but anytime i'm having a big personal issue they are normally the first people to PM with help. but you......you bring nothing to the table.

You need to serious re-think the reason why you come here. I've was cool with you at one point and when that whole deal with the ghey magz hitting your house happen i felt bad for you but you bring it all on yourself.

On behalf of all the huddlers here please stop posting and go hang around your message boards.

Edited by cliaz

getting this thread back on track...

Playoffs in my dynasty IDP.

The heartbreaker... in my only other league, that's a bit pricey, I missed the playoffs by 10 points. Not 10 points this week because I lost by 10 points or something. Far from it. I was the high scorer this week. I missed the playoffs by 10 CUMULATIVE points on the season. Think about that... this is making me go back through the entire FF season, and draft, and think of all those little things... Santonio being active in week 5 but not playing, Brees' 9 INTs in the first 5 weeks, starting Warner over Brees in week 6 (Warner went 2 for 2, 21yds, FL before leaving for injury), SJax being out of my lineup for 6 weeks even though he missed only 4 (didn't start him his first game back then he had a bye), AD missing the last 2 weeks (especially the OAK game). Just last week while facing the Brady owner... lost by 3 points (the win would've meant I'd be in the playoffs regardless of cumulative points), Galloway gives me 2 points and the Cards D makes the Niners look like the Niners of 1989.

:D:D

I'm not in a single league where I have made the playoffs every year. It was three years before I broke into the playoffs in Hannibals, although I was always close. I have won three championships in F-OFF but had some hard years as well ... including this year after losing Ronnie Brown and LaMont Jordan. I have most struggled in CORE although I have made the playoffs several times only to be booted by DMD before the championship game (I vow THIS year will be different). My first year in GenLost I lost in the SB, the next year I didn't make the playoffs. I NEVER made the playoffs in Late Bloomers.

This year I could actually make the playoffs in ALL five of my leagues depending on the outcome of tonight's game. Either way I have a minimum of 4 teams going to the playoffs.

If you are in a league where you make the playoffs year in and year out then my first thought is that your league is not as competitive as it could be.

If you are in a league where you make the playoffs year in and year out then my first thought is that your league is not as competitive as it could be.

EXACTLY what I was thinking. I make the playoffs more often than not but certainly not every year. There's a large amount of luck involved in FF. I've won my league championship more than most but to win every year or make the playoffs every year would, in my mind, require a very or at least somewhat uncompetitive league. :D

EXACTLY what I was thinking. I make the playoffs more often than not but certainly not every year. There's a large amount of luck involved in FF. I've won my league championship more than most but to win every year or make the playoffs every year would, in my mind, require a very or at least somewhat uncompetitive league. :D

Holy crap, is that really you, TM?

You concern yourself with my team quite a bit, huh Randall. I don't keep count considering I played so well for so long that I had a playoff spot locked up 3 weeks ago. By the way I'll probably lose to BS this week and could lose next week and I'd still make it. Incredible huh? :wacko:

I gotta say, in all honesty, I read the other thread where you talked about your leagues and the success this year. That's pretty impressive.

Gotta give you props where props are due. :D:D Nice job irish.

Edited by Chief Dick

1st place in Empire; locked up a 1st round playoff bye a week or two ago.

tied for 2nd in my local; playoff spot guaranteed, still fighting for that first round bye.

last place in 12 Men In the Huddle; was out of the playoff hunt weeks ago.

Like I said I missed the playoffs twice in 9 yrs. Now I have only won my division twice, and only once have I gone 9-5. Most of those years I'm 7-7 and limp in with the last seed. That FF luck kicks in and my team gets hot towards the end. Of course I have only won once...

Seeding this year, same as always is coming down to the last week. Only 1 of the divisions is locked up.